Beer 2020: Pint glasses or it didn’t happen.

HenryJames

Really interesting article about how selling out to a private equity firm isn’t the Valhalla that some assume. CANarchy (cigar city, Oskar Blues, Deep Ellum) sound like a bunch of shady fuckers. 

https://www.brewbound.com/news/deep-ellum-founder-john-reardon-discusses-lawsuit-against-canarchy-craft-brewery-collective

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t know about how they made it but it’s 6.9% ABV of fruity GREATNESS! For what it’s worth my wife thought it was better than any lambic or sour (including multiple Jester King sours) that she’s ever had. I’m not necessarily willing to say it’s better than a true sour wild ale like an Atrial Rubicite but it is incredibly tasty...and it’s pretty damn close in that ballpark.

I don’t know about how they made it but it’s 6.9% ABV of fruity GREATNESS! For what it’s worth my wife thought it was better than any lambic or sour (including multiple Jester King sours) that she’s ever had. I’m not necessarily willing to say it’s better than a true sour wild ale like an Atrial Rubicite but it is incredibly tasty...and it’s pretty damn close in that ballpark.

did it taste like beer or like a fruit smoothie?

did it taste like beer or like a fruit smoothie?

Like a fruit smoothie vs a beer but in the best way. Kind of like when you have some high ABV beer that completely hides the ABV and you could just suck it down without noticing any alcohol...until you noticed the effects of the alcohol. I wish I had bought more of these (as does my wife).
  • Like 1

Like a fruit smoothie vs a beer but in the best way. Kind of like when you have some high ABV beer that completely hides the ABV and you could just suck it down without noticing any alcohol...until you noticed the effects of the alcohol. I wish I had bought more of these (as does my wife).

Where did you buy these? Asking for myself.

Where did you buy these? Asking for myself.

The Tavour app. It’s pretty awesome. Not sure how they do it but they’re able to ship beers directly to your home that we don’t otherwise get here. Have looked at their app several times previously but never pulled the trigger until COVID quarantine. Been very happy with it. I still buy “local” as much as I can/did before (mainly via mdmost here buying for us when he comes over for our social distancing happy hours each week) but it takes the place of the various non-local singles that I would buy at stores that I’m not going to as much these days (and also in place of the various out of state beers I would’ve have bought and brought back home during out of state trips I’ve had to miss out on due to COVID...3 trips and counting as of now).
  • Like 1

The Tavour app. It’s pretty awesome. Not sure how they do it but they’re able to ship beers directly to your home that we don’t otherwise get here. Have looked at their app several times previously but never pulled the trigger until COVID quarantine. Been very happy with it. I still buy “local” as much as I can/did before (mainly via mdmost here buying for us when he comes over for our social distancing happy hours each week) but it takes the place of the various non-local singles that I would buy at stores that I’m not going to as much these days (and also in place of the various out of state beers I would’ve have bought and brought back home during out of state trips I’ve had to miss out on due to COVID...3 trips and counting as of now).
Gdi, doesnt ship to my address. :(

15 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Oh, okay.  I don't really follow social media.

I support the brewers' pages whose products I partake. Their Buried Hatchet Stout is among my very favorite beers.

Gotta admit the Oyster-Mayo pic got a "Holy fuck, Hell no!!!' from me on the first look.   Of course I didn't want to leave you nice folks out of the green stomach feelings.

Edited by slorch

On 7/27/2020 at 9:16 PM, Firemans4Horn said:

Really interesting article about how selling out to a private equity firm isn’t the Valhalla that some assume. CANarchy (cigar city, Oskar Blues, Deep Ellum) sound like a bunch of shady fuckers. 

https://www.brewbound.com/news/deep-ellum-founder-john-reardon-discusses-lawsuit-against-canarchy-craft-brewery-collective

Old Chub forever, though.

I support the brewers' pages whose products I partake. Their Buried Hatchet Stout is among my very favorite beers.
Gotta admit the Oyster-Mayo pic got a "Holy fuck, Hell no!!!' from me on the first look.   Of course I didn't want to leave you nice folks out of the green stomach feelings.

I’ve had an oyster beer from New Belgium so I totally bought someone using mayo. Especially after seeing that mustard beer article earlier this morning. A search for ketchup beer turned up nothing.

59 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I’ve had an oyster beer from New Belgium so I totally bought someone using mayo. Especially after seeing that mustard beer article earlier this morning. A search for ketchup beer turned up nothing.

Had a tomato beer years ago at Black Star. Might have been the last time I went there.

Hancock HEB has three different Maine Beer Co IPAs for like $7.25.

Like they’re ever open.

I grabbed a mixed six pack of these last week from Craft Beer Cellar up here. Looking forward to trying the two ones I’ve not had yet. (Had Lunch a few weeks back from tap).

From the descriptions they look good (different style from Lunch which is their take on West Coast IPA)