Beer 2020: Pint glasses or it didn’t happen.

HenryJames

branding.

That’s it. Branding and knowledge.

8th Wonder tries to capture some of that rah rah Houston momentum in their branding also, but then they aren’t backed by AB InBev and to my knowledge may not be available at any Houston sports stadium.

Used to visit their tap room a ton when we were in Spring Branch, but haven’t paid for any of their beer and think I’ve drank 2 or 3 from neighbors.

Literally thousands of suburban dads in Houston that would list themselves as “craft beer drinkers” that would have some top 3 combo of Hopadilla, Crawford, and Love Street (maybe throw in a LawnMower or Elissa) because that’s what the Mrs. has grabbed weekly at HEB forever.

(Avatar disclaimer: No Way, why should I change? He’s the one who sucks.)

On 8/22/2020 at 7:44 PM, 4th&Five said:

Yep. $19 for a four pack is rough.

I drive by their new brewery everyday. It’s coming along nicely. The sign went up this week. 

The price in most bars/restaurants isn't much better. $7-8 easy around Austin, might've had it at one place for $5, maybe Liberty on the east side. Indeed a great beer however. 

Haven't joined this thread because I figured y'all'd be talking about fancier shit than I imbibe, but the past couple pages are still up my alley. 

Think I might take a drive out to Blanco this weekend to pick up a 6er and a couple of the cheap crowlers from Real Ale. The scenery is excuse enough to get out of the house, but the brewery might be my favorite right now. 

been drinking a lot more real ale lately. their beer is good and it's <$10 a 6 pack. have done curbside at their brewery a few times this summer going to/from state parks, they have a lot more variety than they used to. can't get behind this >$15 4 pack trend that's been happening. 

• Hook 'Em 1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When i get in a rut or everything starts tasting like same ole, same ole; Devil's Backbone  does the trick.  Love that stuff.

The Real Ale Bombers six pack in the Winter is among my very favorite multipack of any beer out there.

Dw_BtosUUAUK-GM.jpg

Fuck cancer!

couldn't agree more, but seems like that concept should either be the strongest ABV beer ever or the wateriest weak-ass lager we've ever seen.

I like the Ale Wagger concept Saint A's used with the Brown Ale with the donations to help doggies.  That put an extra smile on your face while drinking said libation.  

4 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

8-AA7998-D-C2-E2-4-FD8-9-D1-F-7-C9-BACB6

Buddy in Minnesota shipped me some locals.....I don’t think he likes me very much

All good breweries, but I don't think I've had a single one of those beers. 

It's amazing to me how much my habits have changed in the last 3 years.  I don't mean that I drink any less,  I just don't bother to hunt down whales and special releases anymore.  

• Like 2

All good breweries, but I don't think I've had a single one of those beers. 

It's amazing to me how much my habits have changed in the last 3 years.  I don't mean that I drink any less,  I just don't bother to hunt down whales and special releases anymore.  

I’m the exact same way. I like IPAs/APAs and pale lagers/Pilsners. I completely don’t give a shit about BA stouts, fruit sours, or anything with pastry.

I’ll try and sometimes enjoy those beers, but fuck chasing it.

11 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I’m the exact same way. I like IPAs/APAs and pale lagers/Pilsners. I completely don’t give a shit about BA stouts, fruit sours, or anything with pastry.

I’ll try and sometimes enjoy those beers, but fuck chasing it.

Amen! Except, um... do you happen to know whether Pulpit Rock has any Banana Straws left? I would absolutely travel for that... I mean, my wife likes them.

• Like 1

Amen! Except, um... do you happen to know whether Pulpit Rock has any Banana Straws left? I would absolutely travel for that... I mean, my wife likes them.

I’m waiting for the next drop of Rhyme Animal, man.

But yeah, my wife likes Banana Straws too.

Pulpit does slay those fruit and pastry sours, but I still like beer that tastes like beer.

7 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I’m waiting for the next drop of Rhyme Animal, man.

But yeah, my wife likes Banana Straws too.

Pulpit does slay those fruit and pastry sours, but I still like beer that tastes like beer.

I don't know Rhyme Animal so I looked it up on BA.  Here's a review:

"Fully opaque chicken stock with a slightly convex khaki foam that bubbles down quickly.
I smell Sweet Tarts with white bread and taste biscuit with citrus and tropical juices."

Fucking A man! I mean come on!

I don't know Rhyme Animal so I looked it up on BA.  Here's a review:
"Fully opaque chicken stock with a slightly convex khaki foam that bubbles down quickly.
I smell Sweet Tarts with white bread and taste biscuit with citrus and tropical juices."
Fucking A man! I mean come on!

I have no clue what any of that means, and I’m better off for it.

My review: it’s a hazy IPA. It slams and goes hard. In the paint.
  • Like 1

Oldest son just picked up peach sour from Jester King for me today. I guess I’m still chasing whales.