Beer 2020: Pint glasses or it didn’t happen.

HenryJames

1 hour ago, Okie State said:
1 hour ago, 'stache said:
This is an incredible beer and an even better can.

B997CFC9-D3A8-434B-96A4-0BBB273F9F3D.jpeg.67da009b1710e4679eaf298d305908e7.jpeg

Read more  

Got damn I wish I could get some of their stuff down here. Maybe one of the delivery places has it.

You’re in Houston, right? I’ve never shipped beer but I could figure it out. What’s hot in Houston right now? I follow Brash brewing because it cracks me up but no idea if it’s any good.

Edited by 'stache

You’re in Houston, right? I’ve never shipped beer but I could figure it out. What’s hot in Houston right now? I follow Brash brewing because it cracks me up but no idea if it’s any good.

Brash isn't selling much right now, but I love their stouts. As mentioned above Great Heights makes some good shit. Spindletap and BaaBaa make some great hazy IPAs. Can also get Parish down here if you can't get that up there. I've never shipped either. Cousin back on the East Coast was supposed to start trading with me, but flaked out.

And yes, I'm in the Houston area.

Actually speaking of really cool cans, I’m a big fan of Barebottle Brewing out of San Francisco:

fe18b26eef3132092c58428068755f15.jpg

Beyond having very tasty beers and cool enough looking can art, the really cool and unique thing about their cans is they put their recipe right there on the can for others to try:

324b2daf2d63664feeb33c191e8c98d6.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

From there a St Elmo, Live Oak, Hi Sign run is not bad in the traffic these days.

Yup.  Even from Cedar Park, takes me almost no time to hit Live Oak.  I've been about once per week during these difficult times.

OK more than that,  don't tell my boss.

28 minutes ago, drt said:

Ya that’s my normal rotation. Didn’t know if nomadic or southern heights were worth adding in

Southern Heights has good beer but haven't been for pickup lately.  Shit, I didn't even know about Nomadic.  Will check it out one of these days.

Really hope Growler Spot makes it through this. That guy knows good beer.

Yep. Big year 5 for them and Josh got married. I hate that I can’t grab a nice pint while my growlers are filled. Some of those beers are $40+ for a 64oz fill. I can tolerate an $8-10 pint with food and socializing, but I can get 2 bbls of WTI for $40...makes it hard to get what I’d like.

Settled into a quarantine routine where this weekend was a BaaBaa and Growler Spot run (usually Parish and Great Heights fills)

Every other weekend is Fulbrook, Texas Leaguer, or Running Walker. (Good not great, but local beer)

• Like 1

Yep. Big year 5 for them and Josh got married. I hate that I can’t grab a nice pint while my growlers are filled. Some of those beers are $40+ for a 64oz fill. I can tolerate an $8-10 pint with food and socializing, but I can get 2 bbls of WTI for $40...makes it hard to get what I’d like.

Settled into a quarantine routine where this weekend was a BaaBaa and Growler Spot run (usually Parish and Great Heights fills)

Every other weekend is Fulbrook, Texas Leaguer, or Running Walker. (Good not great, but local beer)

Agreed. Picked up a couple crowlers a few weeks ago and it was pretty pricey. I want them to survive though so it's worth it every now and then. Was good to see others in there as well picking stuff up. I haven't made it out to BaaBaa to do any of their to-go, but need to.

I love live oak, but it makes me shake my head a bit when they charge $12 per sizer of Pils at the brewery and it is 7.99 at central market. I get why they do it, but damn. Alcohol is such a weird business 

$12 a sixer is like gas station in the middle of nowhere price for regular everyday beer. Now if it was a brewery only special something, then sure.
The brewpub I normally go to charges $10 a sixer. 

Don’t be a bitch. Buy 2 cases and let them get that mo betta margin. Support your locals.
  • Like 3

Live Oak is charging $12/6-pack of their mainstays, and $10/6-pack of seasonals/specialties.  I'm already well-stocked on Pilz and Hefe, so on my trips out to the brewery,  I've been buying their specialty pilsners they're doing in one-off batches, their Schwarz, and their Roggenbier rye which is really, really tasty.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, patrickdrinksbeer said:

saw that on reddit. doesn’t make much sense to me unless the daniels just desperately want out of the business and were willing to take a low valuation that SA couldnt pass up.

How's business for you, pdb?   I hope you're managing through this alright, or at least as well as can be.  Hang in there, seriously.