Beer 2020: Pint glasses or it didn’t happen.

HenryJames

Looks like its official: Big Bend sold off their Tejas lineup and is gonna be brewed by/owned by Gulf Coast Distilling 
(not that anyone on here cares)

wtf is Gulf Coast Distilling? what brands do they make? their page claims they’re the biggest distillery in texas. does Tito’s and Deep Eddy not make their shit in Texas? very confused.

20 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Over the last few months if a lot of people switched their purchases of ABW and LO to the brewery directly?

It looks like this claim is specifically about sales at Central Texas HEBs though?

But I'm not seeing it.  LO's packaged beer sales are actually up since the beginning of the coronas.  And I can't walk down a beer aisle at HEB without tripping over a ton of ABW product.

I'd be surprised if this were true, unless they have a really wonky definition of "Central Texas HEBs."

question for you austin area HEB shoppers: does this claim from the distributor about Tupps sound like it could possibly be true? i would think ABW and Live Oak would outsell Tupps by huge margins.be995dd9f8821c4d1cf39a2dd286b07c.jpg

I could read that as #1 local (to McKinney) seller in Central TX HEBs. So they’re not comparing to Cen Tex breweries.

2 hours ago, patrickdrinksbeer said:

it’s from an austin based distributor

Well shit then. At mine they do have decent shelf space and seem to always have a stack of IPAs at the end cap or something. As utee said, ABW probably has the most inventory/shelf space.