OU Recruiting 2021: David Boren's Fondle Force

texifornia

The best QB in the class decommitting is an excellent moment to start this up. Here's who they have so far:

WR Cody Jackson (Richmond Foster, TX): https://247sports.com/player/cody-jackson-46056675/

WDE Ethan Downs (Weatherby, OK): https://247sports.com/player/ethan-downs-46056733/

But not QB Brock Vandagriff (Bogart, GA): https://247sports.com/Player/Brock-Vandagriff-46050870/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's been a really nice couple of weeks for OUsux. Started off with McClellan kicking them in the nuts. Then, LSU raped them for three and a half hours straight with millions of people watching. 

And now the perfect bookend with Vandagriff decommitting....

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611684e90917dfad17f59

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, trythisathome said:

not so fast my friend. Vandagriff could’ve also told SI he’d decommit if OU embarrassingly shit all over themselves in the CFP for the third time in a row. 
Or he could’ve told them he’d decommit if Riley drowned his sorrows in a bag of dicks again. 

As fun as this is, it's probably the new normal for QB's at big time programs.  You'll prolly have one big time QB at starter, a solid backup, and a walk on at third string.  A perceived big time QB isn't going to be a backup for 2-3 years or even one year, really.  All 4 teams in the CFP had a QB transfer situation.  (Bryant transferred out of Clemson immediately after Lawrence became starter.)  The other three picked up a QB that wasn't starting.

It's the new normal with the transfer portal.  Vandergriff would have gone to OU and been backup to Rattler for 2-3 years with a possible redshirt involved.  If he becomes starter, then Rattler leaves.  

OU has nothing new to sell at this point. Last year, they sold "we are very close to winning it all once we have the defense turned around" and then they went and hired a new DC. The results on the field wasn't any different, so what do you sell now? I expect them to have a below average class in 2021.

• Like 1

They have dominated Big 12 since it's inception but they only recently started to recruit at a high level after Lincoln Riley was hired. OU doesn't have the inherent recruiting advantage that Texas does, which means they have to sell harder than Texas to get the same level of recruits. Once things become stale, they will revert back to recruiting top 10-15 range, which seems to be their normal  instead of top 5-10.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2020 at 12:40 PM, Atticus said:

Except they can still sell domination of a power 5 conference and a great chance to make the CFP every year.
Their biggest concern is Riley leaving

Yep. That LSU loss doesn’t look nearly as bad after they depantsed Clemson.  If LR leaves there’s a chance OU wanders the forest like you guys.  If he stays, even a good Texas coach shouldn’t scare them.  

Reality is it’s better for OU to have a good Texas vs a good Baylor.  In the grand scheme good helmet teams matter for a conference recruiting and only these two programs will ever have top 10 classes in the 12.  

On 1/2/2020 at 11:45 AM, ShowMeALoss said:

OU has nothing new to sell at this point. Last year, they sold "we are very close to winning it all once we have the defense turned around" and then they went and hired a new DC. The results on the field wasn't any different, so what do you sell now? I expect them to have a below average class in 2021.

Lol.  Yes, things look so bleak 😂

User name checks out...

1 hour ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Perhaps you don't understand how recruiting works. I am happy to revisit this comment post NSD2 in 2021.

Oh I meant state of the program as a whole.  IE winning.  Very happy to revisit that.  If recruiting determined the winner of the RRR, Texas would have sustained zero ass rapings this century.  I think there were 4 but I could be wrong...

I see the Dirt Burglars are far enough removed from yet another humiliating public anal raping to come deliver textual diarrhea on the recruiting board again. Awesome. 

17 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Texas would have sustained zero ass rapings this century.  I think there were 4 but I could be wrong...

Well, if anyone was going to teach us about sustaining ass rapings it'd be you Sooners, with a coach who has never won a post-season game in his coaching career and to this point is looking at being outscored 162 to 110 in them. Of course, it's going really well the further Riley gets from Stoops roster and S&C program. Right? First year 6 point loss, the next year 11, this season 35. One is an example, two is a coincidence, three is a trend. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yep. That LSU loss doesn’t look nearly as bad after they depantsed Clemson.  

LO-fucking-L.

They were up 49-14 at HALF. They scored touchdowns on 9/11 drives and set multiple records in doing so. The game was over 6 minutes into the 2nd quarter. Don’t kid yourself, it did and still looks very  bad.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Oh I meant state of the program as a whole.  IE winning.  Very happy to revisit that.  If recruiting determined the winner of the RRR, Texas would have sustained zero ass rapings this century.  I think there were 4 but I could be wrong...

Where exactly in my post I said anything about the results on the field? I made a comment about what I think will happen to their 2021 recruiting class. Doc, you gotta read better!

3 hours ago, ChemicalHorn said:

LO-fucking-L.

They were up 49-14 at HALF. They scored touchdowns on 9/11 drives and set multiple records in doing so. The game was over 6 minutes into the 2nd quarter. Don’t kid yourself, it did and still looks very  bad.

Yeah that was similar to the ass rapings Bob gave Mack.  It means a lot to you.  But won’t kill recruiting or the team. 
And on the national scale the only talk is how great LSU is.  Not how badly they raped a half strength OU D that was average before the losses.  
But please gloat.  And this is the recruiting board.  A whole different animal.  I get it.  

12 hours ago, golfclap said:

I see the Dirt Burglars are far enough removed from yet another humiliating public anal raping to come deliver textual diarrhea on the recruiting board again. Awesome. 

Well, if anyone was going to teach us about sustaining ass rapings it'd be you Sooners, with a coach who has never won a post-season game in his coaching career and to this point is looking at being outscored 162 to 110 in them. Of course, it's going really well the further Riley gets from Stoops roster and S&C program. Right? First year 6 point loss, the next year 11, this season 35. One is an example, two is a coincidence, three is a trend. 

Lol.  This would be great if it didn’t come from a Texas fan.  There’s 3-4 programs that have shit talking rights over OU.  Texas?  LMAO

On 1/2/2020 at 11:45 AM, ShowMeALoss said:

For chrissakes, man. They have nothing to sell except 14 Big 12 championships in the last 20 years, the last 5 conference championships in a row, four heisman trophy winners in the last 20 years, the last two number one overall draft picks, an innovative coach being courted by NFL teams who took two cast offs and turned them into Heisman winning #1 overall picks?

Comparatively, what exactly do we have to sell? A coach that may get fired this year who flips double birds to live TV cameras? Our big win against Utah after failing to meet pre-season expectations again? I fucking hate those dudes, but objectively they have a lot more hardware than we do and they don't appear to be falling off anytime soon. They've have trouble taking the last step to the top of the mountain, while we keep tripping over our dicks at basecamp. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  This would be great if it didn’t come from a Texas fan.  There’s 3-4 programs that have shit talking rights over OU.  Texas?  LMAO

I see you're too stupid to use the multi-quote feature, it makes sense given your education. 

Also, 62-48-5 cuntface. 

Real talk though, you clearly have a grand misperception of the national view of OU if you think that people are only talking about how great LSU is/was. The Sooners are a fucking national laughing stock/punching bag. Pick any team in the country, from any conference, and go to their fan forums and read the game thread for LSU vs. OU. Every single one of them will talk about the fact that OU has no business ever being in the playoff again. Every single one of them will talk about how soft and uncompetitive the Sooners are on a national scale. Every regional and national radio show spent countless hours mocking the effort, the gameplan, the execution. The fact that you think the Clemson/LSU game somehow shines a better light on the Sooner poleaxing is remarkably tone deaf. Especially for a guy that lives far (in a regional sense) from OU/Texas and the inherent biases. Do you honestly think it's only Texas fans laughing at your continued impotence? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

I see you're too stupid to use the multi-quote feature, it makes sense given your education. 

Also, 62-48-5 cuntface. 

Real talk though, you clearly have a grand misperception of the national view of OU if you think that people are only talking about how great LSU is/was. The Sooners are a fucking national laughing stock/punching bag. Pick any team in the country, from any conference, and go to their fan forums and read the game thread for LSU vs. OU. Every single one of them will talk about the fact that OU has no business ever being in the playoff again. Every single one of them will talk about how soft and uncompetitive the Sooners are on a national scale. Every regional and national radio show spent countless hours mocking the effort, the gameplan, the execution. The fact that you think the Clemson/LSU game somehow shines a better light on the Sooner poleaxing is remarkably tone deaf. Especially for a guy that lives far (in a regional sense) from OU/Texas and the inherent biases. Do you honestly think it's only Texas fans laughing at your continued impotence? 

Not to add my timberland boots to this beating but on twitter a lot of bucknut, Clemson fans were on my TL saying Texas is the only school that can save the Big 12.. ou just can't.  I laughed and enjoyed that but I actually believe that to be true.

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Also, 62-48-5 cuntface. 

LOL, please talk all the football shit you want.  It's fun and funny.  And the education smack really hurts since I used that shit education to make what you would in a hundred lifetimes.  You're butthurt...and it's fun to see.  If you think I live and die for football like your diehard ass, I probably wouldn't have survived around here.  I've invested with Bob and enjoy the company.  Most of the posters are smart and realistic about all lots of life, not just football.  If you think you're gonna get me all riled up about this BS, all I can do is laugh.  I'll offer you some free medical advice...take a laxitive, champ. 

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

For chrissakes, man. They have nothing to sell except 14 Big 12 championships in the last 20 years, the last 5 conference championships in a row, four heisman trophy winners in the last 20 years, the last two number one overall draft picks, an innovative coach being courted by NFL teams who took two cast offs and turned them into Heisman winning #1 overall picks?

Comparatively, what exactly do we have to sell? A coach that may get fired this year who flips double birds to live TV cameras? Our big win against Utah after failing to meet pre-season expectations again? I fucking hate those dudes, but objectively they have a lot more hardware than we do and they don't appear to be falling off anytime soon. They've have trouble taking the last step to the top of the mountain, while we keep tripping over our dicks at basecamp. 

Thankfully, recruits don't think like you! There are a handful of programs in the country that have natural recruiting advantages and will recruit at a high level regardless of their on field performance barring total chaos. While some recruits care about winning and going to the NFL, many others factor into various other things and hence the need for selling. Texas can sell a lot of things (I feel bad for you if I have to remind you what those are) and whenever you have a positive coaching change, you tend to get a recruiting boost because you can sell hope. My point with OU was not how great they were over the last decade - that's not "new" to recruits. They have a geographical disadvantage and lesser academic reputation. Their sell will always be a chance to win it all and go to NFL. With the way they have performed in the playoffs, they can hardly sell the fact that they are anywhere close to winning it all and regarding the chance to play at the next level, yes, they recruit high level offensive players but they hardly have any recent success with defensive players. 

With the shitty level of talent the Big 12 has, OU will continue to have success in the league and it's not "new" to anyone but when they play against the top tier SEC or other national teams, their weakness gets exposed. Hence, my comment that they have nothing new to sell stands. Take a look at their 2021 momentum vs. ours. Unless Texas falls apart again next year, OU will revert back to their natural recruiting position (around top 15) vs. Texas (top 5-10). It's not really that hard to fathom. 

Edited by ShowMeALoss

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah that was similar to the ass rapings Bob gave Mack.  It means a lot to you.  But won’t kill recruiting or the team. 
And on the national scale the only talk is how great LSU is.  Not how badly they raped a half strength OU D that was average before the losses.  
But please gloat.  And this is the recruiting board.  A whole different animal.  I get it.  

Yeah and those rapings were fucking embarrassing. I, for one, wasn’t going around two weeks laters saying “oh well OU is a really good team so it doesn’t look nearly as bad now.”

Gloat? All I did was point out the facts of the game, and told you it was a bad, bad loss. If I wanted to gloat I would’ve pointed out how tickled I was watching OU put together the most embarrassing post season performance I’ve ever seen in a big game (to be fair ‘04 USC and the epic UGA comeback are right up there). 

Regarding recruiting, I don’t think it’ll affect you guys too much - though it would be interesting to know how much the loss played into the 5* GA QB decommitting. Until a team steps up and keeps you from winning the conference yet again, recruiting won’t be a problem.

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL, please talk all the football shit you want.  It's fun and funny.  And the education smack really hurts since I used that shit education to make what you would in a hundred lifetimes.  You're butthurt...and it's fun to see.  If you think I live and die for football like your diehard ass, I probably wouldn't have survived around here.  I've invested with Bob and enjoy the company.  Most of the posters are smart and realistic about all lots of life, not just football.  If you think you're gonna get me all riled up about this BS, all I can do is laugh.  I'll offer you some free medical advice...take a laxitive, champ. 

Laxative*

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

OL committed to them today.  Have seen his name a couple times on the aggy boards as a possibility for them.

https://247sports.com/Player/Cullen-Montgomery-46040556/

Also, this guy getting picks for them.

https://247sports.com/Player/David-Abiara-46079770/

Oh wow a Bellaire Episcopal kid going OOS, I'm stunned

On 1/17/2020 at 11:12 PM, ShowMeALoss said:

But, but chitowndoc assured us all is well.

I said the program will be ok.  The dorks who following every tiny bit of recruiting tend to have a slanted view of any program.  Why don't you go check out the hoops thread to see what people think about Texas athletics...by people I mean the typical Texas fan.  I could be a dick and quote a few dozen posts but I won't. 

And I sure as shit don't think 'all is well' with OU.  I think they'll be fine and some changes need to be made.  But Texas fans laughing at OU was rich.  Like Jones level rich...

Edited by ChiTownDoc

6 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I said the program will be ok.  The dorks who following every tiny bit of recruiting tend to have a slanted view of any program.  Why don't you go check out the hoops thread to see what people think about Texas athletics...by people I mean the typical Texas fan.  I could be a dick and quote a few dozen posts but I won't. 

And I sure as shit don't think 'all is well' with OU.  I think they'll be fine and some changes need to be made.  But Texas fans laughing at OU was rich.  Like Jones level rich...

This is a thread on OU recruiting 2021 but please go ahead and tell how us how great the OU program is instead of adding anything on OU 2021 recruiting. Texas fans can laugh at OU anytime on their message boards. That's how these things work, doc.

Edited by ShowMeALoss

1 minute ago, ShowMeALoss said:

This is a thread on OU recruiting 2021 but please go ahead and tell how us great the OU program is instead of adding anything on OU 2021 recruiting.

I'll let you be.  Appreciate all the hard work you do for me.  I'll pop in and get my updates from you, Boss.