OU Recruiting 2021: David Boren's Fondle Force

texifornia

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

They’re either purposefully under-reporting weights or they’re going crazy trying to slim their DL down. Perkins, Stripling, and Ellison are all way below their weights as recruits. 

Well Redmond and Stokes are up 10 pounds. Ellison never had a verified weight anywhere, but his being nearly 30 pounds lighter than expected is interesting. 

Don't forget this is year two under Bennie Wylie. 

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, bEastTexas said:

He’s not a grad transfer, has 3 years to play 2 but I’m sure he’ll apply for a waiver. 

Basis for Chris Murray to submit a waiver request to play immediately??

blOU website: "Due to transfer rules, Murray will have to sit out next season unless he can acquire a waiver. That means he wouldn't be able to play until he's likely a redshirt junior. So, while he'll help address a major need in the future, Murray won't be able to solve the potential issue that needs immediate addressing."

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/Article/Chris-Murray-UCLA-Transfer-OU-Football-Offensive-Line-Oklahoma-Sooners-145658307/

Edited by LTtxfan

11 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

OU lands grad transfer OL Chris Murray from UCLA.

@Sbbruin how good is he?

Wasn't he Derrick Johnson's cousin or nephew or something? Presumably he'll be Creed's replacement down the road 

This will be OU's third class counter lost to transfers 

Blessed__Daily
@BlueBloodOU
5h

LSU insider just crystal balled Caleb Williams to Oklahoma. 👀 If Williams does go to OU Lincoln Riley is a 🐐 imagine losing a commitment from a 5️ QB then going out & getting an even higher rated 5️ QB & this after getting the 5️ 2019 #1 QB.

13 minutes ago, ftf82 said:

Blessed__Daily
@BlueBloodOU
5h

LSU insider just crystal balled Caleb Williams to Oklahoma. 👀 If Williams does go to OU Lincoln Riley is a 🐐 imagine losing a commitment from a 5️ QB then going out & getting an even higher rated 5️ QB & this after getting the 5️ 2019 #1 QB.

OU is going to have good QBs as long as Riley is there. We just need to have a better team front to back.

7 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Supposedly Jantzen Dunn committed to OU last night, then tOSU got word and called him, and he then flipped to them.  He had OU picks coming in last night then less than an hour later they all changed to OU.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jantzen-Dunn-46084807/

Their boards are melting down. Brace for screenshot thread:

Spoiler

EV-yWgtWAAEtJc_?format=jpg&name=360x360EV-yXApXQAU7q45?format=png&name=360x360EV-yXfmXQAA1nO1?format=png&name=360x360EV-yYBwXsAMZuxi?format=png&name=360x360

Yeah. They’re imploding. Ryan Watts and now this kid.  We have to be paying.  Plus we pulled Josh Proctor out of Oklahoma who is going to be a stud when football resumes.  They mad. 

It couldn’t possibly be that OU has had two first round DBs since 1997 and only 15 drafted in that time period while Ohio State has had 13 first rounders in the same time period including 6 since 2014 and 35 DBs drafted since 1997.  Could add one because Okudah is a lock for the first round and probably top 5. 

Edited by VABuckeye
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Supposedly Jantzen Dunn committed to OU last night, then tOSU got word and called him, and he then flipped to them.  He had OU picks coming in last night then less than an hour later they all changed to OU.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jantzen-Dunn-46084807/

I'll touch on a few points here that'll appear obvious to some here.

- Everybody cheats. It's a matter of degree. Ohio St and Clemson have probably upped the ante to be able to compete with the SEC superpowers (Bama, GA, LSU, FL). Expect FSU and Miami to join them.

- Ohio St's draw is undeniable for DBs. Their DB coach is a good recruiter and developer.

- OU appears to be doing better evaluations of players over the last couple of years. They've gotten in early on at least 3 players who they eventually lost to others (Manning-Oregon, Watts-Ohio St, Dunn-Ohio St). If Motley gets picked by Day 2 and OU does well on defense this year, they'll start keeping some of these good early evals.

On 4/12/2020 at 8:20 PM, texifornia said:

OU is going to have good QBs as long as Riley is there. We just need to have a better team front to back.

going to be interesting to see what happens when they lose Grinch (who is just 40, and still like 4 years older than Riley) to a head coaching job somewhere

they are never going to struggle to get offensive talent as long as Riley is even trying. 

9 hours ago, quigley said:

- OU appears to be doing better evaluations of players over the last couple of years. They've gotten in early on at least 3 players who they eventually lost to others (Manning-Oregon, Watts-Ohio St, Dunn-Ohio St). If Motley gets picked by Day 2 and OU does well on defense this year, they'll start keeping some of these good early evals.

well that is what happens when you jump from Mike fucking Stoops to an actual good DC.

here is hoping that we get this too with Ash - not that I hate Orlando and I think he absolutely does well elsewhere - but he is hopefully a different type of recruiter (as in actually does it) and talent identifier than T.O. 

11 hours ago, quigley said:

Man, that is some delightful Sooner wishcasting right there. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, texifornia said:

part 4 - enjoy the rich, fulfilling irony of an OU fan complaining about dirty recruiting in the Big 10

Hide contents

EV-yn3dXkAEBEb0?format=png&name=360x360EV-yoP0WsAE_eCe?format=jpg&name=360x360EV-yowVXgAEAxMR?format=png&name=360x360EV-ypQmXkAM4Rzq?format=jpg&name=360x360

I'm sorry, are any 17-18 year old kids NOT supposed to be taking the actions and making decisions that get THEM what THEY want? Isn't that one of the basic fundamental motivations and principles for every single person on this fucking planet, regardless of age? Fuck they're dumb. Do they really expect anyone to do shit they don't want to do at a place they don't want to be just because it would benefit an institution they have no ties to and to which they owe nothing? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

For some reason the 'Rona has not really affected some OOS recruiting efforts. OSU is pulling kids in from all over the map.

Real. Recruiting.

While true, a kid from Kentucky going one state over to a better football school isn't exactly a mega-shock.

Edited by texifornia

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

That's what he's saying. tOSU's been getting OOS commitments.

Yeah, that's my bad. I mistook this thread for another. I thought he was suggesting the "Good news" surprise recruit that might commit to Texas. 

Sorry, 'wok, and thanks for clarifying Tex. 

• Like 1

Drumm trying to dangle Korey Foreman in front of his subs so they stop yelling at him about Jantzen Dunn

Spoiler

AGAIN, PLEASE KEEP THIS HERE AND DO NOT POST ELSEWHERE. THANK YOU.

Okay, stopping the anniversary stuff for a bit cause I’ve been on the phone (off and on) with a bunch of folks since around noon.

Here is what I can tell you all in regards to the number one defensive player in the nation, Korey Foreman, about where OU stands after his decommitment from Clemson.

Caleb Williams and OU look to be more and more of a thing as this this recruiting process unfolds. I’m told that Williams and top 2021 edge rusher Korey Foreman have had some “very interesting conversations, over the last few days, about their futures.”

I'm not saying that Caleb is going to OU or recruiting for the Sooners here. However, it can't be a bad thing since another Sooners target is also pressing the elite defender and that is 2021 four-star WR Mario Williams, according to multiple sources. Mario has been very vocal about wanting to have elite talent in his class with him, as well. That's why he is also pressing Foreman, and a few other players across the country, to join him at whatever school he ends up choosing, too.

Another player that Caleb Williams has spoken with is none other than four-star DB/OLB Kendal Daniels from Beggs (OK). We talked about that a bit in a previous update, but I’m told that Caleb Williams and Daniels spoke quite a bit on Sunday and soon after that “Change of plans” tweet went out on Twitter. Was there meaning behind it? Yes. Is there something to it? Yes. But, nothing in the imminent future. Still, I always liked the Sooners chances with Daniels but things are moving behind the scenes a bit.

Sunday night was also the night Caleb and Jantzen Dunn spoke, I’m told. That same night Dunn committed to OU, and then decommitted only to commit to Ohio State the next day. One of the weirdest 16hrs of recruiting I have been a part of since I started this seven years ago and following it 30 years ago.

So, about Foreman and the Sooners, you ask? We will have to see how it all plays out. This is all new, but a source with deep knowledge told me flat out, ”When things settle down, I expect USC, OU, LSU, and Clemson to be a part of his recruitment. Oregon could creep in a bit, too, ” the source added. ”Oklahoma is the sneaky team here because of everything it has going for it, albeit quietly, on the recruiting trail. They could be a player in a lot of surprising recruiting battles once things pick back up and visits can be scheduled.”

Now, that's just one source's opinion, but it's lined up with a lot of what we have talked about on here the last month or so. The virus shutdown came at such a lousy time with for Oklahoma. There was a lot of spring momentum that was built by the now-famous group chat. I spoke to some other players with a strong Caleb Williams's connection earlier today, too (more on on them tomorrow). If nothing else, the tangible evidence of the momentum being built is starting to show a bit-- even if it's not in the commitment for just yet.

With Foreman, we will see. According to multiple sources, Sooners OLB/DE coach, Jamar Cain, has reached out to Foreman and his family. I fully expect Sooners head coach, Lincoln Riley, to also make Foreman a priority going forward. Riley and Cain, both, have strong ties in the California area, as well.

Last additional note that I just got off of a source was that Oregon, USC, Arizona State, LSU, UGA and Alabama are players here, too. I know some are schools named above, but this source is directly connected to Foreman. His response to Oklahoma rumors? The source said, "Korey is going to go through the process like it's the very beginning. Any team with some prestige will be a part of the conversation to start," the source noted. "He is in several groups, so the OU rumor doesn't shock me at all and it doesn't or wouldn't shock me to see them be a player here going forward."

That is just another well-placed source giving the Sooners a punchers chance, but I would caution on getting overly hyped here just yet. As I have said, it is very early in the process of opening things back up in Foreman's recruitment.

Where it goes from there is anybody's guess, but this is closer than OU has been with him the number one defensive player in the nation in quite some time. Something Sooners fans will gladly take after just wanting to have a chance to be in the conversation the last few years.Well, welcome to the group. Now OU has to take another step and get him to visit.

Only time will only tell where this goes

6 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Rumor on OU boards is Jaden Hazelwood tore his ACL.

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

I mean, don't wish ill on any kid, but holy shit he had one of the douchiest commitment videos ever seen.

I’m perfectly happy being pleased with this development, thanks. 

• Like 1