OU Recruiting 2021: David Boren's Fondle Force

texifornia

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

@golfclap *cough*

Keep in mind that players typically lose weight as the season goes on, which is why some S&C coaches like to have guys a little overweight (preferably with muscle) heading into fall camp 

so now we know that not only do Hamm and Looch read surly, it appears that that fuckhead Billy Connelly does as well.

Hi fuckface, thanks for plagiarizing my fucking post you assflute. 

He should've noted that not only are they going to be under-sized but that they are entering year 2 of Bennie Wylie' as S&C coach but whatevs. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If we can’t isolate and double team specific gaps this season while letting the rest of the line fly by, and run the ball down their throats, it will be a massive and embarrassing, and arguably a fireable turn off affairs. 

Klieman knew this and we saw what happened.  Let's hope Herman and Yurcich can do the same.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

If we can’t isolate and double team specific gaps this season while letting the rest of the line fly by, and run the ball down their throats, it will be a massive and embarrassing, and arguably a fireable turn off affairs. 

Yep. Herman should’ve done it way more last year, especially considering how he loves to call inside zone and talks about enforcing your will on the opponent. Fucking dumbass. 

I can’t fathom Yurcich not exploiting it this year. I was losing my got dam mind the entire first half of the game watching us call slow developing runs, which resulted in negative plays and a bunch of third and longs where OU could tee off, when OU was just leaving A and B gaps wide open on their stunts basically every play. And even when we finally just ran a quick hitting run up the middle with RoJo for 50-60 yards, we still didn’t go back to that. Fucking maddening. Instead, we’d call 

Also why I don’t place a whole lot of the blame for that game on the OL. If Herman’s going to never call plays that make OU pay for stunting and twisting constantly, then he’s pretty much making the whole OL play with one hand tied behind their back the entire game. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 8

24 minutes ago, golfclap said:

OU getting a run of CB (fong, drumm, huffman) for ATH Prophet Brown. OU has been recruiting him as a CB. He'll be a project but he has a lot of speed which is a dire need for the Dirt Burglars. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Prophet-Brown-46093816/

They do so well in the Central Valley. Makes sense to keep that pipeline open as well.

31 minutes ago, golfclap said:

OU getting a run of CB (fong, drumm, huffman) for ATH Prophet Brown. OU has been recruiting him as a CB. He'll be a project but he has a lot of speed which is a dire need for the Dirt Burglars. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Prophet-Brown-46093816/

Malcolm Johnson Jr. CB'd to Maryland by one of their mods.

Where are the Caleb Williams tears?

28 minutes ago, Atlfan714 said:

You know Malcolm Johnson jr was never part of the serious 3 right?

It’s almost like there were 2 sentences in the post I was replying to while making that fucking joke. 

here I’ll help you get there... 

Note the second sentence was about Caleb Williams tears? Do you see that? The implication that he’s wasn’t enough to draw MJJ to OU. CW who is the key to the serious3 — and that in the past few days you had Johnson jr not putting OU in his top 8, Leary with OU in 3rd and fading, Caleb’s goofy twitter flirtation with LSU — maybe they’re all leaving — serious3,2,1 — see how that works? 

Mix in some decaf you stupid uptight joyless fuck. Why are all of the dirt burglar posters here so fucking terrible? Nvm answered my own question. 

fwiw, I still think you end up with CW and 2 of the 3 it’s just been fun to watch Drumm and the OU 247ers freak the fuck out because they’ve made such a giant thing out of CWs pied piperness and how guys from all over the country are lining up to play with him. This happens every single fucking year — 9.95ers anoint a pied Piper and every year the 9.95ers also mark out to crazy package deals and then sell them both to their subs and every year 96% of that shit falls apart. let me help you out — OU is going to sign an elite Offensive class. This year. Next year. Ad infinitum CW will have very little to do with that. Riley and BB are more than enough to ensure that.

Now I feel dirty. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, golfclap said:

It’s almost like there were 2 sentences in the post I was replying to while making that fucking joke. 

Note the second sentence was about Caleb Williams tears? Do you see that? The implication that he’s wasn’t enough to draw MJJ to OU. CW who is the key to the serious3 — and that in the past few days you had Johnson jr not putting OU in his top 8, Leary with OU in 3rd and fading, Caleb’s goofy twitter flirtation with LSU — maybe they’re all leaving — serious3,2,1 — see how that works? 

Mix in some decaf you stupid uptight joyless fuck. Why are all of the dirt burglar posters here so fucking terrible? Nvm answered my own question. 

fwiw, I still think you end up with CW and 2 of the 3 it’s just been fun to watch Drumm and the OU 247ers freak the fuck out because they’ve made such a giant thing out of CWs pied piperness and how guys from all over the country are lining up to play with him. This happens every single fucking year — 9.95ers anoint a pied Piper and every year the 9.95ers also mark out to crazy package deals and then sell them both to their subs and every year 96% of that shit falls apart. let me help you out — OU is going to sign an elite Offensive class. This year. Next year. Ad infinitum CW will have very little to do with that. Riley and BB are more than enough to ensure that.

Now I feel dirty. 

HEYHEY

It's not funny if you have to explain the joke

• Like 2

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Now I feel dirty. 

Oh I’m almost there. Help me out.  I’m so close   Keep going

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Now I feel dirty. 

You think they hold on and sign Mario Williams? The either floated or immediately shared that JoJo tried to commit to them before he committed, seems like a pressure tactic that worked.

1 minute ago, Goodman said:

You think they hold on and sign Mario Williams? The either floated or immediately shared that JoJo tried to commit to them before he committed, seems like a pressure tactic that worked.

Didn't someone say Mario tweeted out that his "dream school" LSU had recently offered too?

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

Didn't someone say Mario tweeted out that his "dream school" LSU had recently offered too?

I believe so. ou like aggie has been putting on the hard sell, it's worked for them in the past but they can't bully guys into staying/jumping on board with no summer camps. Fall comes around, it'll get very interesting like most are predicting with flips. I do expect ou, aggie and us to win 10 games this year so it might not matter. Aggie schedule is a joke this year, their trap door will make Gary's sweat blush.

• Like 1

so Drumm's info on Prophet Brown was that he isn't going to take a few AP classes this upcoming year so that it likely takes Stanford off the table? It's such a Sooner thing to be excited about.  "This kid could've gone to Stanford but luckily he's now dropping AP's to focus on football instead of education -- BOOMER 

Last week, several 247Sports experts, including myself, put in a crystal ball for 2021 four-star ATH Prophet Brown. After speaking to a few sources, I was able to find out a few things on Brown that will help the Sooners going forward.

Brown is a very smart kid that has the potential to be a Stanford athlete. However, it sounds like there are a few AP classes that he won't be taking, so that bodes well for the Sooners. AP classes are essential for Stanford players and recruits to be accepted, I am told. Brown has a few other really solid options that he is considering in Michigan, Notre Dame, Nebraska, and Oregon.

Everything I am told has me believing the Sooners are the leader for Brown. A few sources I spoke with this weekend tell me that they don't think Brown will get out of the month of July without announcing his commitment to a school. That is quite a bit different than what Brown told me a few weeks ago when he said that he wanted to see a few schools on official visits before announcing.

I did get the sense after Brown's virtual visit with OU, that the Sooners really made a massive jump in his recruitment. After talking with a few people that is exactly the case. However, OU has a lot of work to do with Brown, as he still has not announced his commitment yet. We will update you all as we find out a bit more, and I have an interview set with him later on this week, so there will be more news and quotes coming.

and sparring with aggy for a NE DB -- I'm all for both OU and aggy focusing on any DB from outside of Texas or California. All for it. :: 

Oklahoma continues to hit up and work the Mid-Atlantic area for targets on offense and defense. One that OU has been pushing hard for is 2021 four-star DB Donovan McMillon. I spoke with McMillon for a bit on Saturday afternoon. We had the initial update HERE, but there is more to why OU seems to be a player for the elite defensive back.

McMillon took a virtual visit to OU recently, and he came away very impressed with the Sooners, saying, "That virtual visit was something else," McMillon said. "They pulled out all the stops to make sure it was special for me. I got to meet and talk with the AD and president of the university. I felt like a major priority for OU."

That wasn't the only thing that impressed the four-star defensive back, as he said Riley made sure OU specialized the visit for him, as well, saying, "Coach Riley wore a Texans jersey cause they are my favorite team," McMillon says. "Well, Tyrann Mathieu is my favorite player and he was with the Texans before the Chiefs. I am a players guy more than anything. They also had a Lego formation of the Sooners stadium cause I am big into Legos. They ended it with me up on the jumbotron and stuff. OU just did it differently. I loved it."

McMillon says he sees himself as a Tyrann Mathieu type of guy in college. He calls himself the 'hybrid type of DB' that can play OLB, safety and cover the slot, etc. McMillon says that is exactly how the Sooners see him too, adding, "They think I can come in and compete as a freshman and that is big for me. I like what they are planning with the defense there and already showing some big improvement after one season," McMillon adds. "Coach Grinch says I can play a bunch of places and that I fit what they want in their DB's." 

So with that, what was that "48 hours" tweet that he tweeted out on Saturday? McMillon said it was for a top-5 that is coming on Monday. I asked if the Soonres will be on the top-5 list and what their chances were. McMillon slyly said, "They have a pretty high chance, but I don't want to say much more."

I am just getting to know the four-star DB, but I get the feeling that OU will be on the top-5. However, that is just a guess, as I said on Saturday when we first reported the upcoming top-5. The good news, is that we should know later today where the Sooners stand, and I am told that our guy Brian Dohn will have the quotes from McMillon and his top-5 later on. So, stay tuned to OUinsider for more on the elite DB.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KYHorn said:

LHF's follow-up to Drumm drama. Not sure what the warning is about? Just hoping to keep Surly from becoming another scat site?

Screenshot-20200601-223828.png

Hah! Guess I'm complicit. We definitely shouldn't work out a way to post the screenshots that involves some plausible deniability. That would be wrong and illegal.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, texifornia said:

Hah! Guess I'm complicit. We definitely shouldn't work out a way to post the screenshots that involves some plausible deniability. That would be wrong and illegal.

I'm going to keep posting screenshots. Just won't post the whole article.

Sooner fanboy is a pussy!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, golfclap said:

way to be on top of things Drumm. This Mcmillon trip to aggy has been common knowledge for a while now and he's one of the Sooners current active targets a guy you have been giving updates on. 

fucking 9.95ers. 

He's been too busy sending strongly worded emails to Surly to keep up 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was told by Drumm that the Sooners would basically have to have the 5* RBs fight in open hand combat to get a spot under DeMarco Murray. 

They are going to regret letting AJ Green go to Arkansas. Maybe they're confident in a late flip. 

12 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

AJ Green is a db too

I know that a lot of people like him there. I think he's not unlike Kelvontay Dixon in that I think he could be very effective on either side of the ball. 

The bigger question for me is - if you have AJ Green in-state why snub him only to work to get Prophet Brown? He's from OOS, is smaller and slower and while he has played a little more CB it's not like he isn't a project at the position. 

I think they expected that they could slowplay Green and still get him down the road and maybe they can but guys that have good size and run 10.38 while actually being good at football are going to be priorities. Hubris, imho. 

Edited by golfclap

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

I know that a lot of people like him there. I think he's not unlike Kelvontay Dixon in that I think he could be very effective on either side of the ball. 

The bigger question for me is - if you have AJ Green in-state why snub him only to work to get Prophet Brown? He's from OOS, is smaller and slower and while he has played a little more CB it's not like he isn't a project at the position. 

I think they expected that they could slowplay Green and still get him down the road and maybe they can but guys that have good size and run 10.38 while actually being good at football are going to be priorities. Hubris, imho. 

Well I don’t think he’s not not unlike Kelvontay, so I guess we aren’t in disagreement on this one. 

• Like 2

hahahhahhaa

Holy shit. Drumm with an ABSOLUTE GEM -- OU lands JUCO DL Isaiah Coe -- https://247sports.com/player/isaiah-coe-46051458

I had Coe on my LincUp21 predictions until the last week or so after I was told they were on the fence if he was a take or not.

Coe fits what OU is looking for at the one and zero tech. He also still has the athletic ability to play the three tech in a four man front.

Coe is another get that shows how dedicated OU is with the defensive side of the ball, and the fact there could be more DL taken in this class, as well.

I fucking love that Drumm notes that he was unsure that Coe was even a take for OU, after talking to OU sources over the past couple of days, and then directly follows it up with the fact that taking him is proof of OUs dedication to the defensive side of the ball. 

Chefs Kiss GIF by Nick Jonas

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

hahahhahhaa

Holy shit. Drumm with an ABSOLUTE GEM -- OU lands JUCO DL Isaiah Coe -- https://247sports.com/player/isaiah-coe-46051458

I fucking love that Drumm notes that he was unsure that Coe was even a take for OU, after talking to OU sources over the past couple of days, and then directly follows it up with the fact that taking him is proof of OUs dedication to the defensive side of the ball. 

Chefs Kiss GIF by Nick Jonas

He's over 300 lbs! What is this!?!?

hahhahaa it continues ::

proof of OUs commitment to defense. He's a take. maybe. because he's friends with the JUCO DT that is going to be starting in a couple of months. 

I have talked to some folks, as has Collin. This is a strange deal. I don’t think OU really thought he was gonna announce today, as he was given the answer that he “could” have a spot if the numbers work out later on.

I can tell you that those in Norman were stunned to see the tweet. Don’t get it wrong, Coe is an elite JUCO DL but do you take three in two years is the question some are wondering?

Can OU make numbers work later cause as I said, the Sooners are in a great spot with elite talents in Marcus Burris and Kelvin Gilliam. Those two are takes all day, ever day.

Right now, Coe is on board. I don’t know that the Sooners can say otherwise with him hailing from one of the top JUCO programs in the nation and being close friends with current Sooner Perrion Winfrey.

Crazy situation. It’s viewed as a great get by those around the nation, but one that some were wanting to be viewed as a great get later on during the season, potentially.

My take: As a source told me yesterday and few weeks ago, you take everyone that you think can help you and the program. Then you deal with the numbers later on. I think that is how this is viewed. We will see and I will update you all of something more comes up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, golfclap said:

proof of OUs commitment to defense. He's a take. maybe. because he's friends with the JUCO DT that is going to be starting in a couple of months. 

Ahahaha he pulled a Roschon Johnson except this kid kind of sucks.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, golfclap said:

do you take 3 DTs in 2 years? Uh, yes? Maybe that's a question for raid bros