OU Recruiting 2021: David Boren's Fondle Force

texifornia

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The OU guys keep saying Wheaton to OU then in the next sentence are always saying "He's so quiet nobody really knows what he's thinking or what he'll do"

I think, based on how these things are sourced, that because he's a DFW offensive player that Lincoln really really wants, the track record suggests they've got an excellent percentage of getting him.

Of course he's so quiet, even to coaches, that it's hard to be definitive about it.

15 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

I have to ask why every commit to them says University of Oklahoma but the schools initials are OU? 

The school's name is the U of O. I think one of our decent OU posters actually once gave us the reason the initialism is reversed. Was it you @ChiTownDoc?

Edited by texifornia

1 hour ago, rvm96 said:

I have to ask why every commit to them says University of Oklahoma but the schools initials are OU? 

A Sooner told me it was a Big 8 convention that all those schools followed. But he's an idiot Sooner, so who knows if he's correct or not

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

The worst kept secret since March 1 is official. Holy shit he is small now, I mean he was small before the injury but damn. 

Yeah he looked super skinny in the video. Hopefully for him it's just working back from the injury. 

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Sooners thinking they are getting Scooby Williams possibly tonight.

At least that's what Fanboy is hinting

Zoinks!

21 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

No.  I fully admit a lot of shit from OU is regarded. Including myself.  

At least you don't condone cheating and domestic abuse, right?

19 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

This doesn’t sound good for us. 

Won't change anything for us. Kyler Murray ran Lincoln's offense basically as well as it can possibly be run, and we still almost beat them twice. If he ever figures out how to coach a defense on the other hand, that would spell doom for us. 

• Like 8

he’s a good get after the loss of Vandagriff. He’s been a silent for months and has been on the OU zoom calls with other recruits. He was pedestrian at the Elite 11 and caused a massive shitstorm by “winning” the MVP after failing to finish in the top 10 of any of the contests. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cochamps said:

Doesn’t today’s info give us an assist?  

Ewers was quoted saying it wasn’t an issue and has known Williams was going to be a Sooner for a long while. Unless things change I would expect Ewers to be a Sooner as well. It’s early but ... 

• Like 1

Maybe it doesn't hurt OU's chances with Ewers as much as we had hoped, but would Ewers come out and say "OU is out because I don't want to sit behind the 5*"

If he likes Yurcich, I think Texas will still have a chance

Also, apparently the class is loaded across the country at the position. I saw a blurb saying that Ohio State sees four potential QB takes in Georgia alone. 

32 minutes ago, Fud said:

Maybe it doesn't hurt OU's chances with Ewers as much as we had hoped, but would Ewers come out and say "OU is out because I don't want to sit behind the 5*"

If he likes Yurcich, I think Texas will still have a chance

Also, apparently the class is loaded across the country at the position. I saw a blurb saying that Ohio State sees four potential QB takes in Georgia alone. 

Isn't the staff high on the Simpson kid in TN as well?

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

hahahaha this kid is such a dipshit

I don't get it..  Texas was really in it for him? I mean we didn't even offer til after he committed to bama no?  So this is even a sicker burn?  I get it with the likes of Wilson, but this guy?

16 hours ago, trythisathome said:

Won't change anything for us. Kyler Murray ran Lincoln's offense basically as well as it can possibly be run, and we still almost beat them twice. If he ever figures out how to coach a defense on the other hand, that would spell doom for us. 

spacer.png

Note on 5* OT Tristan Leigh, who has been mentioned on OU boards lately. Both Clemson and LSU's best recruiting reporters think the schools they report on lead for him, and Ohio State thinks they're very much in it for him. OU seems to be running fourth for him.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fud said:

Note on 5* OT Tristan Leigh, who has been mentioned on OU boards lately. Both Clemson and LSU's best recruiting reporters think the schools they report on lead for him, and Ohio State thinks they're very much in it for him. OU seems to be running fourth for him.

Any confidence in Leigh comes from the OU people is the assumption that Caleb Williams is the 2021 Pied Piper and that the families are friendly. Leigh sure seems Clemson bound and once Bama landed Latham it seems like tOSU surged as the clear competitor and upped the intesity. He's honestly talked more about LSU and Bama than OU as well, and he's been to Tuscaloosa multiple times. He's also been to tOSU and LSU. Has he even been to Norman? 

FWIW - it sounds like Savion Byrd to OU is picking up some momentum. Drumm is considering switching his CB from SMU and said ::

I’m getting closer and closer to switch mine to OU. Things said to me this weekend we’re pretty eye-opening.

Assuming that it was Caleb Williams that was telling him because that's where Drumm was this past weekend. 

Edited by golfclap
  • Like 2

update on Sooners big July still to come ::

The Sooners are off to a hot start for the month of July, as expected. The commitments of five-star and number one overall QB Caleb Williams, and four-star DB Latrell McCutchin, were two of the biggest commits in the LincUp21 class to date. Both seemed like a long time coming, but for OU to get both on board was crucial for the Sooners momentum moving forward.

So, about that momentum? I spoke to a few folks over the weekend and they seemed to feel like the coming days and weeks could be quite epic for the Sooners. How the Sooners capitalize on the Williams commitment is going to be very important, but there has already been buzz with several targets like three-star DB Daymon David, four-star DB Tommi Hill, four-star edge rusher Jeremiah Williams, four-star DL Marcus Burris, four-star WR Jalil Farooq, and four-star DB Prophet Brown. The other question is when will they decide to go public with their decision? Those are things that seem to be in question, but also things that we are working to nail down a bit.

WR Jalil Farooq - 11.7 100m - 7.59 60m (John Burt has run 6.92 60m hurdles for comparison)

FS/CB Tommi Hill - 4.77 40 and 4.39 shuttle 

Prophet Brown is a legit athlete, though I do question taking him over AJ Green who is comparable and in your own backyard.