OU Recruiting 2021: David Boren's Fondle Force

texifornia

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You coward. Don't worry, I'll act as the keebler elf in your motherfucking brain and answer for you. 

Everyone here knows that you would marry Blake Brockermeyer, because at the end of the day he's at least technically a UT alum. Although, personally hes shown zero loyalty and a willingness to be a whinny fucking handful bitch of a wife so I'm not sure you wouldn't be making a huge mistake because he might be way harder to handle than you assumed, despite the fact he's a huge pussy. He'd probably cuck you all over town. 

We all know you'd kill Stan Drayton in cold blood before we even finished the actual proposition. Like an uncontrollable tourettes fueled twitch.  You'd have shot him in the head before someone finished saying "Fuck, Marry, Kill."

Which leaves ole' Benny Wiley as your delicious, sweet chocolate paramour. I don't think anyone would be surprised to learn that you would oil him up, perhaps dress him in pink spandex, and then probably force him to wear a Stan Dayton mask as you exercised all of your furious demons on his toned physique. And then probably kill him.

/fin

dYb.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You coward. Don't worry, I'll act as the keebler elf in your motherfucking brain and answer for you. 

Everyone here knows that you would marry Blake Brockermeyer, because at the end of the day he's at least technically a UT alum. Although, personally hes shown zero loyalty and a willingness to be a whinny fucking handful bitch of a wife so I'm not sure you wouldn't be making a huge mistake because he might be way harder to handle than you assumed, despite the fact he's a huge pussy. He'd probably cuck you all over town. 

We all know you'd kill Stan Drayton in cold blood before we even finished the actual proposition. Like an uncontrollable tourettes fueled twitch.  You'd have shot him in the head before someone finished saying "Fuck, Marry, Kill."

Which leaves ole' Benny Wiley as your delicious, sweet chocolate paramour. I don't think anyone would be surprised to learn that you would oil him up, perhaps dress him in pink spandex, and then probably force him to wear a Stan Dayton mask as you exercised all of your furious demons on his toned physique. And then probably kill him.

/fin

e8y7D4.gif

48 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

He's a good get for OU.

I think they go after one more DB and can be picky about who they take. I wouldn't be surprised if they go after someone committed to another program (Sanders-Ark, Warren-likely Penn St, Johnson-likely ASU, Bowman-UT, Dunn-Ohio St).

The last two Sooner DB classes are much more promising than the past several years. Roy Manning is doing some work recruiting.

28 minutes ago, quigley said:

He's a good get for OU.

I think they go after one more DB and can be picky about who they take. I wouldn't be surprised if they go after someone committed to another program (Sanders-Ark, Warren-likely Penn St, Johnson-likely ASU, Bowman-UT, Dunn-Ohio St).

The last two Sooner DB classes are much more promising than the past several years. Roy Manning is doing some work recruiting.

Given that your sell to Bowman is "have fun playing WR!" I don't know how defensively oriented I'd call that take.

Drumm update on the #SoonerSummit

—- Just a quick Sooners Summit note, in that I’m told things are really starting to come together as parents and recruits continue to talk with each other setting this thing up.

Im told that it’s come together so much that multiple five-stars have already set their August trip to OU/OKC up, and that a few four-star guys have, as well.

We do know that five-star QB Caleb Williams and five-star WR Emeka Egbuka will be there on August 21st, according to what they have told reporters, but there are other five-star and four-star guys that have them and their families set for the event. We have said we won’t confirm the names and let that news come out through the kids (like Williams and Egbuka) saying as much, so I wouldn’t expect a lot of public announcements until the event date gets closer.

I don’t expect it to be huge in numbers(maybe 10-12 recruits at the most), and the fact OU can’t help with this makes it hard, but despite those odds it seems like the players and their families want to come down and hangout together to see how it looks in Norman. They also want see how they all can fit together, I’m told.

This is honestly the first time I have seen a recruit led recruiting event, but it was bound to happen in these times, if you ask me.

That said, the Sooners seem to have hit the jackpot with Caleb Williams as the leader of their 2021 class. Now, you see if things can progress a bit more with the potential of a Tristan Leigh, J.T. Tuimoloau, Bryce Foster, Savion Byrd, Mario Williams, Scooby Williams and Camar Wheaton all TRYING to make it to Norman in due time.

The Sooner Summit could be just that.

We shall see...

NOTE: OUinsider VIP's will have access to exclusive coverage of Sooner Summit weekend. Collin Kennedy will be 'on the road' for an announcement (currently scheduled to also be on CBS HQ) while Brandon Drumm will be in Norman with exclusive interviews and insight. RJ Young will be producing related videos and Joey Helmer will be managing Facebook and OUInsider newsletter content.

• Haha 1

Have the Sooners never done this kind of thing before? The Sooner Summit has taken on mythical qualities for them ... 

Oh, uhh the Sooners new roster is out with updated ht/wt -- some massive gains after being remarked in the press  ::

OU has released the official fall roster at https://soonersports.com/documents/2020/8/2/Rosters_Oklahoma.pdf

There are some notable weight gains among the defensive linemen and linebackers. A snippet is below.
-------------------------------------------------------

Offense:

Darrell Simpson OL 6-7 369
Marquis Hayes OL 6-5 349
Andrew Raym OL 6-3 320

Austin Stogner TE/H 6-6 262

Rhamondre Stevenson RB 6-0 246

Defense:

Perrion Winfrey DL 6-3 297
Jordan Kelley DL 6-3 292
Josh Ellison DL 6-2 291
Kori Roberson DL 6-4 288
Marcus Hicks DL 6-5 284
Zacchaeus McKinney DL 6-3 272

Isaiah Thomas DE 6-5 267
Reggie Grimes DE/OLB 6-4 266
Marcus Stripling DE 6-3 250

David Ugwoegbu OLB 6-4 251
Jon-Michael Terry OLB 6-3 245

Nik Bonitto OLB 6-3 238
Joseph Weté OLB 6-4 233

Brynden Walker LB 6-2 251
Robert Barnes LB 6-2 232

Justin Harrington DB 6-3 215

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

Have the Sooners never done this kind of thing before? The Sooner Summit has taken on mythical qualities for them ... 

Oh, uhh the Sooners new roster is out with updated ht/wt -- some massive gains after being remarked in the press  ::

Darrell Simpson's "lazy and might get fat" mental projection is panning out nicely.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

This could turn into a disaster.

You have a bunch of 17yo kids hitting Norman with their families for the sole purpose of seeing Norman. Underwhelming would be the kindest way to describe the impact of seeing that shithole with your own eyes. As a former short-term resident of OKC, there is exactly one area of town they could go that isn't god awful. Then, instead of coaches framing what they're seeing with rose-colored glasses, you have fucking Drumm there fanboying over all of them. 

The recruit led #saddersummit will also need to be recruit managed, and I don't think Caleb Williams will be able to hold it all together. Ideally, it turns into a shitshow, but I predict a manufactured commit from an existing heavy lean, and the permanant alienation of everyone else. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

So this giant recruiting event is expected to consist of '10-12' players?  247 shows OUsucks with 13 commits.  So in reality they might get some of the already committed and a few more looking to take an 'unofficial' because official visits are likely to remain canceled.

Good job.  Good effort.

Notes from OU247 ::

I want to start by confirming reports that Brian Asamoah will be taking over in Kelly's absence. Asamoah has looked impressive to-date and is arguably one of the more improved players on the squad. He'll bring some solid athleticism and range to the position.

- As for who will provide depth, that might be a bit of a concern. First, I'm told the staff would prefer to keep Bryan Mead at MIKE since he's one of the few players on the roster comfortable at the position while handling its responsibilities. They also want to make sure that DaShaun White has a quality backup since this situation will likely put even more pressure on him moving forward.

- Instead of moving Mead over, I'm expecting Robert Barnes to likely be the guy. He's added some solid weight and has a chip on his shoulder heading into this season. Jamal Morris still has a ways to go in terms of learning the position and adjusting to his new frame, so I'm expecting the staff to give him some time. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the younger players is asked to provide a greater contribution. Shane Whitter or even Brynden Walker could step-in.

- Another quick and interesting thing I heard, some rumors were started earlier in the spring that David Ugwoegbu could be used as an inside linebacker option. I've heard that likely won't be the case as the young edge rusher has grown into a body too large to man the inside linebacker spot in Alex Grinch's defense. This is likely a factor that was considered when the move was made for Barnes and Morris to become ILB's.

- In the end, this is a very difficult situation. I'd fully expect efforts to be taken immediately in order to make sure Kelly earns another season of eligibility. Personally, I hope he gets it. He's a guy who has done a ton for people on-and-off the field. We'll stay on top of it moving forward.

another big injury note - Harrington (the JUCO that was supposed to push for starting time) is also out 

— Let’s start with Sooners JUCO DB transfer Justin Harrington and the talk of his injury.

I spoke to a source last night that really didn’t have much to say on it — and that didn’t surprise me at all — but what they did say was enough to gather that this injury wasn’t the same or related to the issues Harrington himself spoke about when told me he had some lingering meniscus problems that “might need cleaned up” when he got to OU. As a matter of fact, this source called this injury “more than him being dinged up” and added, “He will be out some time, but that’s as far as I can go.”
Another source confirmed that it was a lower body injury, but just like the other source there wasn’t much clarification on the extent of the injury other than to say, “Don’t expect him to be back in a week or so time with this one.”
I haven’t exhausted all my resources on nailing this down, as I didn’t start to ask around about it until later on in the evening with me being on a final mini-vacation with family before the season kicks off. As I get more information I can update you all, but what I have gathered is that Harrington did show out with his speed and athleticism upon arrival. That said, neither source expected him to crack the starting lineup with minimal understanding of the defense early on in camp.

However, it was a hit on the depth in the defensive backfield. Both sources admitted to as much.

new injury update ::

Look, yes there is an injury for Tanner Mordecai. I’m told it’s more of a week-to-week deal with it being more of a “pull” as of now. Working on more clarification there.

—- I’m told more on Justin Harrington situation where it was what I first thought, with Harrington coming in with a knee injury to start and it being an issue.

Well, he tried to play through it after arriving late and it sounds like he hurt himself even more and caused it to be much worse than just a clean-up. Obviously, that’s just a sources interpretation of Harrington’s injury.

—- Also, Trejan Bridges has a dinged up knee, I’m told. Sounds like he dinged it up during 7v7 this summer and has been out since. I’m told they are taking their time with his return with no suspension stuff exactly defined with appeals in process.

25 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

While we're discussing OU players being out, it's worth remembering that Perkins/Bridges/Stevenson are likely suspended for the first four games of the season, including the RRSO

Curious about how these blOU suspensions will be handled for the 2020 season.  Here's an article from May 2020 that mentions 5 game suspensions for 2020.   (Maybe now with a 10-game 2020 schedule, it will be reduced to only 4 games suspensions?)

"Lincoln Riley still has no update on the status of the 3 suspended Oklahoma players"

Kegan Reneau   May 14, 2020 7:47 pm

The status of Oklahoma’s best defensive player for the first five games of the season is still up in the air.  Ronnie Perkins was suspended for the Peach Bowl due to failing a marijuana drug test after the regular season. Trejan Bridges and Rhamondre Stevenson also received the same suspension.

A suspension for a failed drug test is 50 percent of team competition. That means the three are set to miss the first five games of 2020 after missing the one game in 2019. Oklahoma applied for an appeal, but Lincoln Riley told members of the media on Thursday that there is still no update on their status for the first five games of 2020.

“I think that’s fair to say, that all of this has probably slowed this process down,” Riley said. “It’s still being discussed. I don’t think it’s going to get left unattended to, but I do believe it’s fair to say that has slowed it down. There’s obviously other priorities that are a lot higher right now for the people that make those decisions.”

Oklahoma has a major hole at defensive end and depth problems at running back and wide receiver—where each of the three suspended players play.

39 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ethan Downs' dad seems calm and not the look-at-me type at all

I'm sure Nate Downs is going to be completely cool and collected if his son isn't ready to play right away. He definitely won't rage tweet Lincoln Riley during half time of the Texas-OU game. 

So what are odds that blOU somehow manages to work things out so Perkins, Bridges and Stevenson are eligible to play against TEXAS in the Cotton Bowl??

"The status of Oklahoma’s best defensive player for the first five games of the season is still up in the air.  Ronnie Perkins was suspended for the Peach Bowl due to failing a marijuana drug test after the regular season. Trejan Bridges and Rhamondre Stevenson also received the same suspension.  A suspension for a failed drug test is 50 percent of team competition. That means the three are set to miss the first five games of 2020 after missing the one game in 2019. Oklahoma applied for an appeal, but Lincoln Riley told members of the media on Thursday that there is still no update on their status for the first five games of 2020." 

Edited by LTtxfan

8 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

So what are odds that blOU somehow manages to work things out so Perkins, Bridges and Stevenson are eligible to play against TEXAS in the Cotton Bowl??

"The status of Oklahoma’s best defensive player for the first five games of the season is still up in the air.  Ronnie Perkins was suspended for the Peach Bowl due to failing a marijuana drug test after the regular season. Trejan Bridges and Rhamondre Stevenson also received the same suspension.  A suspension for a failed drug test is 50 percent of team competition. That means the three are set to miss the first five games of 2020 after missing the one game in 2019. Oklahoma applied for an appeal, but Lincoln Riley told members of the media on Thursday that there is still no update on their status for the first five games of 2020." 

With the new shortened season RRS is week 3 now so the suspension would have to get cut in half for them to be back. I could see the NCAA shaving a game or 2 off because of the shortened season but highly doubt they reduce it by half. 

edit: looks like Big 12 might switch the order of games now though. Bob Bowlsby is a cock sucker. 

Edited by bEastTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fud said:

I bet the suspensions don't get reduced 

I think you're right. I also think they'll move the RRS to week 5 or 6, and if you're blOU with a freshman qb, that's the preferred outcome. Unlikely that they push it to the end in anticipation of back to back with the conf champ game. Now, if they scrapped the conf champ game, you better believe that the RRS moves to the last week of the season. Either way, Bowlsby is going to gobble some land thief cock in the process. 

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I think you're right. I also think they'll move the RRS to week 5 or 6, and if you're blOU with a freshman qb, that's the preferred outcome. Unlikely that they push it to the end in anticipation of back to back with the conf champ game. Now, if they scrapped the conf champ game, you better believe that the RRS moves to the last week of the season. Either way, Bowlsby is going to gobble some land thief cock in the process. 

Drumm said that there's chatter about moving RRSO to week 2, and Castiglione apparently thinks the game will be played in October in Dallas. So who knows. 

I don't think the NCAA will help OU out with the suspensions though

37 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

With the new shortened season RRS is week 3 now so the suspension would have to get cut in half for them to be back. I could see the NCAA shaving a game or 2 off because of the shortened season but highly doubt they reduce it by half. 

edit: looks like Big 12 might switch the order of games now though. Bob Bowlsby is a cock sucker. 

If memory serves, the penalty for the failed drug tests is half the season. Since a normal season is twelve games, those players were suspended for six games (Peach Bowl + first five games of 2020). Since the season just got shortened to ten games, I imagine the suspension will also get shortened to five total games, which will still rule those players out through the Iowa State game.

Edited by ChampionshipLevelPiss