OU Recruiting 2021: David Boren's Fondle Force

texifornia

Just now, quigley said:

Touche

DUI is hugely different from Public Intox. I hope that this results in more serious action.

Yeah. Of course Mayfield was also on video literally attempting to evade arrest from the police until his face stopped him. That probably also should have counted for something additional as well. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, quigley said:

I understand your bias, but you'll have to remind me where Riley has let this stuff slide.

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Do you want me to do Kyler Murray next? Maybe start googling for more than just QBs? 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

It sure would be a shame if their governor came down with a nasty case of covid. 

Already did. He was there giving blood since he's got the antibodies. (and then doing a big photo op and all that because politics).

Edited by texifornia

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Amnesty question. I’m seriously asking but because I don’t know. I’m old. I’ve seen the alternating capital letter sentence. What the fuck does this mean? Or intend to mean? 

Mocking font. Originated as a Spongebob mocking meme.

i.e.:
image.png.4e170f327d9dfd266f59b6349724c7c6.png

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Amnesty question. I’m seriously asking but because I don’t know. I’m old. I’ve seen the alternating capital letter sentence. What the fuck does this mean? Or intend to mean? 

LJ has no effect on Wheaton.  Means Wheaton supposedly doesn't care if LJ commits to the program he wants to play for.  

Edited by Mdhorn

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

It's from the the Spongebob meme @Hank_Hill posted. It's used when an authority figure or someone who's supposed to be knowledgeable says something dumb. 

In this case, it's Roach saying LJ doesn't affect Wheaton, followed by all the OU people changing their Wheaton CBs to OU. It was more cutting when Tom Loy, the usually pretty good at his job Notre Dame reporter, was also supposed to have added his CB to the pile.

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

It's from the the Spongebob meme @Hank_Hill posted. It's used when an authority figure or someone who's supposed to be knowledgeable says something dumb. 

In this case, it's Roach saying LJ doesn't affect Wheaton, followed by all the OU people changing their Wheaton CBs to OU. It was more cutting when Tom Loy, the usually pretty good at his job Notre Dame reporter, was also supposed to have added his CB to the pile.

I took the Roach quote slightly differently.  I took it to mean that the LJ news wouldn't affect the timing of Wheaton's decision, not that it wouldn't affect the decision at all.  Maybe I misread.

3 minutes ago, kilroydos said:

I took the Roach quote slightly differently.  I took it to mean that the LJ news wouldn't affect the timing of Wheaton's decision, not that it wouldn't affect the decision at all.  Maybe I misread.

This is how I took it as well.  Basically - Wheaton isn't going to rush his decision because of LJ, but if LJ chooses Texas then Wheaton is likely going to OU.

9 minutes ago, kilroydos said:

Because that's a smart, reasonable deduction to make when following these updates. But, you know, sooners. 

This one should worry you if you are an OU fan - the coaching staff knew he had an injury coming with him to Norman and had even talked about the team docs doing the clean up procedure, so they let him practice and there's two options here ::

1. they never did their own assessment of his knee, despite knowing it needed minor surgery 

2. they did an assessment and let a 6'3" CB play on a Torn ACL and he exacerbated that injury

Either way - that is a BAD look for the medical staff and the S&C staff. 

*** Sooners JUCO DB transfer, Justin Harrington, had a hurt knee prior to arriving in Norman for fall camp. We first reported his potential knee problem earlier this summer.

Come to find out, Harrington was playing with a torn ACL. He still decided to go and not get it checked. He obviously tweaked it early in practice, but a source tells me the limited time Harrington was available was all people needed to see, saying, “He could redshirt, but when he is healthy he won’t need it,” the source said. “He performed so well, in his limited practice time, that everyone thinks he will only be around one healthy season before heading off to the NFL. He has first or second day talent.”

Trust me, that shocked me as well. I really didn’t believe Harrington would be anything less than a depth filler because of his late arrival to campus, but it sounds like he flashed the talent that made him the top JUCO DB, in the nation, last year, while only having one good knee.

Now the hope has to be that Harrington can rehab back to that level without any setbacks. Surgery is always scary in that regard, but I’m betting on Harrington returning and still being a solid player upon return.

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Let's not act like Herman would have passed on Rattler if he could've landed him. 

Having seen Rattler on that TV show, at the Elite 11, and coming off of that weird in house/hush-hush suspension in his SR year -- having watched Herman not offer or back off several really talented knuckleheads (specifically in that 2019 year) I have no problem thinking that Herman was totally fine with Roschon Johnson and would've passed on Rattler. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Having seen Rattler on that TV show, at the Elite 11, and coming off of that weird in house/hush-hush suspension in his SR year -- having watched Herman not offer or back off several really talented knuckleheads (specifically in that 2019 year) I have no problem thinking that Herman was totally fine with Roschon Johnson and would've passed on Rattler. 

I know why he was suspended his senior year.

1 minute ago, quigley said:

Overall, this would be OU's best defensive class in many years, but they're still short one LB and one DB.

I think 2022 will be better - if you can land the in-state guys that you lead for (which has NOT been a given lately) and can land the legacy 5* DL, etc ...  assuming Grinch shows improvement (if there is a season).