OU Recruiting 2021: David Boren's Fondle Force

texifornia

I have absolutely no sympathy for those fucks who clearly skipped 9.95 school.

Guess what, knuckleheads? You’re always going to have more information than 99.9% of the mouthbreathers on your board. You want to know why they criticize you? Because you fucking tease the info like an excited homer absolutely would. Then you deny them. You dangle the carrot, then deep throat it. You’re blue balling everyone. I’d threaten to keep my $0.28 a day, too. You bring it upon thyself, you fucking elves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I have absolutely no sympathy for those fucks who clearly skipped 9.95 school.

Guess what, knuckleheads? You’re always going to have more information than 99.9% of the mouthbreathers on your board. You want to know why they criticize you? Because you fucking tease the info like an excited homer absolutely would. Then you deny them. You dangle the carrot, then deep throat it. You’re blue balling everyone. I’d threaten to keep my $0.28 a day, too. You bring it upon thyself, you fucking elves.

You and @SydneyCarton are getting too much value out of your unsettling sexual analogy online course.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Thinking about this recruit group visit, I would think the better play is to keep it as secretive as possible, meaning don’t tell the 9.95ers anything about it. 
I really feel like drumm was the one pushing this event. He has been the guy pushing the Williams will bring us everyone narrative. 

It’s obvious to me that Drumm was key in organizing this whole thing. It’s his baby. That’s why he was so effusive, and now defensive.

23 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t get the “I can’t go to ou now that people know I was looking into ou” line. 

That’s because it’s bullshit. 

If you're in their shoes, and you apparently (although I'm not sure, maybe TFB or their Rivals sites also had it) have the scoop on this weekend. How do you attempt to optimally handle this? Do you do what they did and start pimping it two weeks ahead of time? Do you wait until the last second and maximize the odds the the recruits making it do to not tipping rival schools off, but where you risk getting scooped? Where in between, if you're not on a radical end, do you fall? 

I think I would have tried to keep it radio silent until tonight, and then started to pimp it. 

Of course, TFB would have blasted it as soon as they got it, so that's a risk 

I do think they pimped this thing way too hard way too early, and probably should have used the slow buildup method. 

Of course, Oklahomans aren't known for saving their stash once they get it, so this is pretty predictable 

15 minutes ago, Fud said:

If you're in their shoes, and you apparently (although I'm not sure, maybe TFB or their Rivals sites also had it) have the scoop on this weekend. How do you attempt to optimally handle this? Do you do what they did and start pimping it two weeks ahead of time? Do you wait until the last second and maximize the odds the the recruits making it do to not tipping rival schools off, but where you risk getting scooped? Where in between, if you're not on a radical end, do you fall? 

I think I would have tried to keep it radio silent until tonight, and then started to pimp it. 

I do think they pimped this thing way too hard way too early, and probably should have used the slow buildup method. 

Of course, Oklahomans aren't known for saving their stash once they get it, so this is pretty predictable 

Sooner Schooner wipeout sports rampage oh my goodness nfl ncaa house of highlights horses football destruction crash college GIF

• Like 1

You’re exactly correct if you’re running a loyal insider board, which this is. The problem is they also want to be a legitimate news (see: content) organization. They’re not moderators, they’re reporters. And reporters get the gd scoop. Can’t have it both ways.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

It’s obvious to me that Drumm was key in organizing this whole thing. It’s his baby. That’s why he was so effusive, and now defensive.

So much this. The way they've been talking about this event it's clear that Drumm is the one that organized it. What losers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

So much this. The way they've been talking about this event it's clear that Drumm is the one that organized it. What losers. 

There was one post in which he said something about meeting or picking up recruits at the airport ... 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Odds they drop one to KState or Iowa State before the Cotton Bowl?

Hope that doesn’t happen.  OU is currently ranked 4th, and Texas needs for them to remain that high when they play. A win would then put Texas firmly in the top ten (probably 6th or 7th), and another win over a one-loss OU team in the conference championship game would get Texas in the top four.

A guy can dream, can't he?

7 hours ago, Cacti said:

Hope that doesn’t happen.  OU is currently ranked 4th, and Texas needs for them to remain that high when they play. A win would then put Texas firmly in the top ten (probably 6th or 7th), and another win over a one-loss OU team in the conference championship game would get Texas in the top four.

A guy can dream, can't he?

Any major conference winner will make the Playoff given two of them are sitting out. I'm ok with OU finally having a totally shit year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Any major conference winner will make the Playoff given two of them are sitting out.

Sounds logical but I disagree; that is, unless the Big 12 winner is undefeated. The SEC will get two teams in because, well…SEC. Clemson will probably go undefeated and a one loss, ACC (for all practical purposes) runner-up Notre Dame team would be a tempting invite over a two loss or maybe even over a one loss Big 12 champ.

3 minutes ago, Cacti said:

Sounds logical but I disagree; that is, unless the Big 12 winner is undefeated. The SEC will get two teams in because, well…SEC. Clemson will probably go undefeated and a one loss, ACC (for all practical purposes) runner-up Notre Dame team would be a tempting invite over a two loss or maybe even over a one loss Big 12 champ.

You're overthinking this. Fuck OU, and hope that they suck. Always, and forever. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Jordan Mukes - OU S commit is now 6'3" and 204 with a BIG frame. He looks to me like he'll carry 230 pretty easily. His PR in the 100 is 12.41. Seeing Mukes' gains -- there's got to be some mental or cultural fit eval that Grinch didn't like about Kendal Daniels. 

@quigley - is the expectation for Mukes to stay at S or spin down to LB? I assume he's bound for LB but I honestly don't know and the Sooner board guys don't give me any confidence. 

Looking at the S position for 2021 it looks like Broiles/Fields/DTY as JRs and then and Criddell as SO (Morris and Barnes have spun down to LB). Is there anyone that has gone from CB to S that I am missing? I don't see any of the 2021 CBs as possible S candidates with their builds, maybe Harmon but he seems like he's dead set on CB. It's weird that OU seems to have cooled on Daymon David, perhaps that means that they feel really good about Jardin Gilbert? He's really underrated IMHO. I've seen a couple of OU posters mention Chase Hattley but I don't know a damn thing about him, so until that heats up more I'm just going to ignore that. It seems like OU needs to land 1 more clear S prospect. 

Mukes -- looking like a prototype spread OLB to me  ::

9886048.jpeg?width=600&fit=bounds9886047.jpeg?width=600&fit=bounds

52 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Drumm Summit updates.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.080082751ea0ef695a9a42915d6d2f82.png

image.thumb.png.05549be215603adc58af21ea95fc2d08.png

image.thumb.png.4e298d8938aa39de4f0c100319852c59.png

Translator: I asked Leigh if "everything" was setup. The 5* "I've been looking fwd to this one for a while. If mom is happy with her new job, pay, car & house then I could possibly move to this shithole for 3 years".

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Translator: I asked Leigh if "everything" was setup. The 5* "I've been looking fwd to this one for a while. If mom is happy with her new job, pay, car & house then I could possibly move to this shithole for 3 years".

Well, another high school kid, Caleb Williams, did organize the summit, so I'm sure he looked into that too.  This kid has many talents.  Wondering what kind of budget he had to work with? 

5 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Well, another high school kid, Caleb Williams, did organize the summit, so I'm sure he looked into that too.  This kid has many talents.  Wondering what kind of budget he had to work with? 

Budget? Caleb & family are being moved to OKC. This is simply cost of doing business for ou.