OU Recruiting 2021: David Boren's Fondle Force

texifornia

4 hours ago, golfclap said:

I do agree with you to an extent and the NIL stuff will change the landscape a lot but Herman (and Yancey) simply sets those parents teeth on edge. Walker Little, Elijah Higgins, Levi Jones, Brock Wright, NaNa Osafo-Mensah — even with the NIL variances none of those kids end up at Texas under Herman. Kids like Caleb Williams, Tate Martell, and Spencer Rattler are non-starters.

It’s not the brand and it’s not the big personalities (see Sterns, Jamison, Coburn, etc) it’s the coddling/entitlement and those people HATE Herman and the feeling appears mutual and since he was unwilling to play the game for fucking Fenves, I’m pretty sure he’d tell Parent X to EABOD. 

You should get paid for your takes.  Maybe you are.  I’m not being a dickhead.  I want to be, trust me.  
Anyways, keep up the good work and I mean that, seriously.  

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

What are the chances that happens? Brooks I mean.

Ty Simpson is fucking good. He's also going to Clemson. https://247sports.com/Player/Ty-Simpson-46056473/

As for Brooks, well they'd have to miss on Wheaton (seems to be growing increasingly likely), Edwards (pulling a Michigan kid from Michigan, but lame duck Harbaugh's recruiting has gotten worse and worse), and then pull Brooks from UT, when Drayton was the only major school coach who's believed in him for months. So it could happen I suppose.

Edited by texifornia

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ty Simpson is fucking good. He's also going to Clemson. https://247sports.com/Player/Ty-Simpson-46056473/

As for Brooks, well they'd have to miss on Wheaton (seems to be growing increasingly likely), Edwards (pulling a Michigan kid from Michigan, but lame duck Harbaugh's recruiting has gotten worse and worse), and then pull Brooks from UT, when Drayton was the only major school coach who's believed in him for months. So it could happen I suppose.

Yea, just researched Simpson.  Looks good.

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Imagine living through Switzer/Mixon/*gestures at everything else* and being like "yup, this does it for me and OU Football"

Suh-no fuh-lake.  Also, given the quality of Sooner edjumucation, I'm doubting Herbert could define "Marxist values". 

32 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Imagine living through Switzer/Mixon/*gestures at everything else* and being like "yup, this does it for me and OU Football"

This dude pretty much immediately got outed as a troll.  He's posted from Alabama the same thing about not renewing Bucks season tickets too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Update on RB Donovan Edwards from MI — I wonder how this will play with Camar and you know he will get to hear this... 

Oklahoma has surged some in the recruitment.

“Coach (DeMarco) Murray the running backs coach we’re in contact a lot,” Kevin Sr. said. “Matter of fact I talked to him today. Coach Murray was a running back and he’s there at his old school and he often tells me Donovan is No. 1 on his board.”

16 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Update on RB Donovan Edwards from MI — I wonder how this will play with Camar and you know he will get to hear this... 

Oklahoma has surged some in the recruitment.

“Coach (DeMarco) Murray the running backs coach we’re in contact a lot,” Kevin Sr. said. “Matter of fact I talked to him today. Coach Murray was a running back and he’s there at his old school and he often tells me Donovan is No. 1 on his board.”

maybe Camar is listening to other schools outside ou more despite the epic summit?  So Murray trying to up the communication with Edwards?

per Drumm :: BREAKING NEWS 

Lincoln Riley said he felt like their is enough separation and with a mock game week it helped more preparation, etc.

We will have more later on, but Riley also noted that Moredecai has missed more than 50% of fall camp.

Rattler as the starter is news to no one. Another injury is also news to no one.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

ou fans will be taking out loans to watch this game.

1 hour ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Putting down their mobile homes as collateral....

No, they’ll have parties where dozens are packed into mobile homes and bars, to watch a game that ends 80-13. And also hit the interwaves proclaims rattler the best Lincoln qb yet. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

per Drumm :: BREAKING NEWS 

Rattler as the starter is news to no one. Another injury is also news to no one.  

Lots of Sooners and sports bars are going to be upset when Lincoln waits till the wed before kickoff and announces his team isn’t playing the season because of moral and health concerns so they don’t get their shit pushed. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lots of Sooners and sports bars are going to be upset when Lincoln waits till the wed before kickoff and announces his team isn’t playing the season because of moral and health concerns so they don’t get their shit pushed. 

They'll play the easy part of the season first.

Fanboy fanboys

DrummBeat:Still work to do with LincUp21 targets, my take Part 116VIP

My Boards
Back To Topics

Brandon Drumm
STAFF
Posted on 3 hrs, V I P, User Since 64 months ago, User Post Count: 0
3 hrs
VIP
64 months
The Sooners have 8-10 spots that are publicly still available. There are a few silent commits that haven't gone public, so there is really less 'actually available' for the Sooners in their LincUp21 class.

However, let's breakdown some of the remaining targets the Sooners and Lincoln Riley are working to close in on to finish out LincUp21:

Jardin Gilbert: Sooners are would love to be able to take the four-star defensive back from Louisiana. Right now, Oklahoma is in a battle with Alabama and Mississippi State, according to sources. Gilbert has also been talking with OU five-star QB Caleb Williams, along with some other commits in LincUp21, I am told. The four-star DB also has a very good relationship with Oklahoma defensive coordinator Alex Grinch.

The Sooners hope to have room for the elite 2021 defensive back when he is ready to make a decision. Getting another long, athletic DB would be just what Grinch and OU cornerback coach Roy Manning covet on the backend of the defense. The question, however, will be the timing of his decision, according to sources. If there is a run of commits to OU, there could be a numbers crunch.

That said, I get the sneaky feeling the Sooners would try and make it work. You can never have too many guys with Gilbert's skillset in secondary. Especially in the Big 12.

My Guess/Take on Gilbert: I will pick the Sooners, but that is just cause there has been a lot of buzz with OU and Gilbert, as of late. Bama has some higher ranked guys they are in on, and last I talked to a Bama source there was some similar questions on if there would be room. I do know Bama is recruiting Gilbert and they really like him a lot, so that is something to watch with Saban having his eye on Gilbert.

The Mississippi State Bulldogs are the other team that seems to be pressing the rangy DB. I just think the Sooners could be the pick if Roll Tide and Nick Saban land bigger fish.

Lastly, watch out of UGA and Notre Dame. I hear they are taking a good look at Gilber these days, too.

Tristan Leigh: The Sooners want the five-star OL very, very badly. Get in line, right? The difference is the DMV star seems to be really taking a long look at the Sooners and LSU these days. With the Sooner Summit being a smash hit, you'd think Leigh would have the Sooners in the lead. At this point, it's likely 50/50 and the Sooners are working to make sure that the trip to OKC/OU (where the Sooners staff only FaceTime with Leigh off-campus and could have no other contact with him) doesn't lose momentum.

The good news is that five-star QB commit Caleb Williams, and his family, live 15-20 minutes from Leigh and his family, in the DMV area. Leigh will be training at the Williams facility as well, so you can bet the five-star will be there hanging around Leigh and staying in his ear. Add that Leigh's family is also looking to move to wherever Tristan decides to go, and that makes one other thing Leigh's family has in common with Caleb Williams' family (his family is moving to OKC metro).

The bad news, if you're an OU fan, is that Coach Ed Orgeron and the LSU Tigers are still in a full-court press on Leigh. So much so that Leigh and his family are working on a potential return visit to Baton Rouge. Sources I talk to say it's to compare the surrounding areas, but if the visit happens it will the third visit Leigh and his family have taken to LSU. That's troubling if you're the Sooners.

Still, there are some that feel like, in the end, the relationships with the Sooners class, Williams family, and OU parents that Leigh's mother has communicated a lot with over the last few months, will be very hard to overcome now.

We shall see...

My Guess/Take on Leigh: It really seems like the Sooners jumped ahead after the Sooner Summit. Especially if you believe a few sources I have been speaking to and heard the talk from a few others that are knowledgable about Leigh's recruitment.

The visit to OU was a hit, with Leigh's mother telling me, "This place far surpassed what I thought it would be," The five-star OL mom added. "I can't imagine a visit going any better than what this one has, and just getting to be with the families was so great. It was the only place we hadn't seen that Tristan really liked. It didn't disappoint at all and really gave us more than enough to think about going forward."

Leigh himself called the trip to Norman/OKC "the best time I have had in 2020" and added, "Just chilling with the recruits, I got a really good feel for Oklahoma and the university. It also shows the leader that Caleb is, you know. He took adversity and created it into something special. I have enjoyed every second. We really made the most off not being to see the coaches or facilities. I can now piece things together with the virtual visit... Just a great experience."

I realize that the potential visit to LSU is looming. That visit could be the deciding factor in all of this with Leigh. Yes, he and his mom want officials to open up, but that doesn't seem to be likely in the near future. So, if Leigh does make it to LSU again, it will make them very hard to beat. Even with all the relationships and other stuff the Sooners have going for them. Like the amazing way that Tristan's little brother, Aidan Leigh, was offered. That and other things the Sooners have done, has helped put them at or near the top of Leigh's recruitment with LSU.

(For those that don't know, 2023 OL, Aidan Leigh, was offered by Lincoln Riley at the Summit, during a Zoom call at their hotel. With the room full of Sooners' commits and targets, Riley called Leigh's mother and little brother to the front of the room where the whole staff offered the younger Leigh in front of everyone. Leigh's mom said the room erupted and that it was "the coolest way Aidan will ever be offered. Just hard to beat that," Leigh's mother said.)

That said, the LSU visit hasn't happened yet. So if you're asking my take, as of today (September 2nd), I would go out on a limb and pick the Sooners. However, if you ask me in a month or after the potential visit to Baton Rouge, I am sure "my take" will be back to Geaux Tiger then. At the very least, I will be less confident (though I am already at a 55/45 OU confidence, so it can't get much less). That's just how Leigh's recruitment has gone... back and forth between LSU, OU, and Clemson in the eyes of experts.

Now it seems like it's just an OU/LSU battle that should be fun for the two fan bases to follow from here on out.

Bryce Foster: Oklahoma has been the perceived favorite for quite some time with elite Top 247 offensive lineman. Texas A&M, Oregon, Texas, and LSU are the other programs that have staked a claim in The Mountain's recruitment.

That said, most feel like the Sooners, Aggies, and Ducks are the three programs with the best chances to land the five-star offensive lineman. Texas A&M is likely the biggest hurdle for the Sooners with his parents and brother being not only Gig'Em alums but also very big fans. Foster's brother, Braden Meador, played for the Aggies and his mother is a very popular Aggie message board poster, I am told.

Oregon also has some family ties with Foster's grandmother graduating from Oregon. So, the Sooners once again have their hands full with one of the nation's top offensive lineman. Bill Bedenbaugh has done a great job recruiting The Mountain and has even become a favorite with Foster's family. Add that Sooners head coach Lincoln Riley has made the elite OL a major priority and things seem to look really good for OU with Foster. The Sooners hold five of the seven crystal ball picks, with Texas A&M having the other two on 247Sports.

My Guess/Take on Foster: I have had my crystal ball to the Sooners since May of 2019. It was then that Foster told me, in an interview, that the Sooners were the only school that he was 100% sure that he wanted to take an official visit to at that time. That led me to believe Bill Bedenbaugh and Lincoln Riley had really tipped the scales in the Sooners' favor with Foster.

Having said that, I also almost flipped it to A&M a few times in the past when my gut told me that his family being Aggie alums would be near impossible to beat. However, I held off changing my crystal ball with things continually looking favorable for the Sooners with Foster. Oklahoma even added another crystal ball, recently, from one of the more respected 247Sports experts in Billy Embody.

A downside to his recruitment, if you're Oklahoma, is the fact Foster didn't make it to the Sooner Summit. The upside is the fact the Sooners were one of his last campus visits, before the Covid-19 shutdown, and that should help the Sooners a lot. The one thing that could jump up and bite the Sooners is the fact he doesn't want to decide until his birthday on December 18th. That is during the three day grace period for early NSD, too, so it will put Foster in the limelight as one of the last remaining big targets that have yet to announce their commitments.

Still, the Sooners five-star QB commit, Caleb Williams, and a host of other Sooners' commits have become quite close with Foster. He has visited the Sooners, unofficially, four or five times and Williams is working on making it down to Houston to watch Foster play in person, I am told. All of that is a big advantage for Oklahoma and why I have stuck with my crystal ball.

Lastly, Bill Bedenbaugh has produced a ton of NFL guys and that is something Foster harps on, along with track and field and his Olympic aspirations. Even then, the Sooners track coaches have done a great job recruiting the elite shot put thrower, as they have worked together with the Oklahoma football staff in recruiting Foster.

So, until something changes, I will stick with the Sooners as my pick. A&M and Oregon will be hard to hold off -- especially the Aggies. But, until we get a sense they have made a huge run, it seems like Bill Bedenbaugh and the Sooners are ahead of the pack to land Foster.

**** The Sooners went 3 for 3 today with my picks, but don't expect that to continue. Part II on Thursday will be talking about five-star WR Emeka Egbuka and the latest on him, five-star RB Camar Wheaton, and four-star OL Savion Byrd.

4 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Does Drumm have a required word count for these updates? Each one I read is bloated as hell and takes 2000 words to really only give two or three noteworthy insights. 

You found 2-3? 

The thing that kills me about Drumm is his fandom puts him on the emotional rollercoaster that is recruiting. Instead of strategically parsing information to his lemmings, he brings them right along. Exhibit a:

That said, the LSU visit hasn't happened yet. So if you're asking my take, as of today (September 2nd), I would go out on a limb and pick the Sooners. However, if you ask me in a month or after the potential visit to Baton Rouge, I am sure "my take" will be back to Geaux Tiger then.

So your pick is LSU, Brandon. 

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

You found 2-3? 

The thing that kills me about Drumm is his fandom puts him on the emotional rollercoaster that is recruiting. Instead of strategically parsing information to his lemmings, he brings them right along. Exhibit a:

So your pick is LSU, Brandon. 

Truth, but it can be weirdly entertaining. Roach's update would be "I'm waiting to see how he feels after the LSU visit before I put in my CB", then he'd turn back to tweeting about the Stars pregame show.

21 minutes ago, Empire said:

We don’t have much to fear out of a team that goes 8-5 every year 

I know you guys don't seem to see it and I know you are a shitty ass troll but if you are brave and strong and willing to wait to tap that meth vein for a few minutes answer me this one simple question. 

Why is is that with the massive talent disparity between OU and the rest of the BigXII (and we will leave the Texas out of the discussion for the sake of rivalry) -- why is that Riley and Grinch and their combined mega-mindness played in 6 one score games in conference in 2019? 

Note this trend in one score games for OU in the BigXII for OU. 

2016: 1

2017: 3

2018: 4

2019: 6 

FWIW - all 4 years the game with the Texas team that you do not fear? 1 score games. All of them. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Maybe due to the fact that turnovers were historically poor for the OU defense. Or maybe, Hurts had fumble-itis on the offensive side (it happens). Just imagine if OU D got any turnovers then those games would start turning into romps especially with teams like Kstate and Texas, teams that aren’t great throwing the ball. Also, explain how Ehlinger may go down as the losingest (is that a word) FB in UT history. Good teams win close games, Texas hasn’t shown the penchant to do it. Also, Texas has more meth users and mobile homes than Oklahoma. 

• Fuck You 28

17 minutes ago, Mr_Robot_ulism said:

Maybe due to the fact that turnovers were historically poor for the OU defense. Or maybe, Hurts had fumble-itis on the offensive side (it happens). Just imagine if OU D got any turnovers then those games would start turning into romps especially with teams like Kstate and Texas, teams that aren’t great throwing the ball. Also, explain how Ehlinger may go down as the losingest (is that a word) FB in UT history. Good teams win close games, Texas hasn’t shown the penchant to do it. Also, Texas has more meth users and mobile homes than Oklahoma. 

What the fuck are you talking about, retard? Do some more meth.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mr_Robot_ulism said:

TIL that Sam Ehlinger is a Fullback. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mr_Robot_ulism said:

So you're saying if you were better you would have won by more points? What a fucking concept. It's like, exactly what the post you were responding to was pointing out. Words are hard for the uneducated.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1