OU Recruiting 2021: David Boren's Fondle Force

texifornia

29 minutes ago, quigley said:

one of the new guys Woodi Washington

I think he can cover well enough for sure, I would be more worried about him in run support and holding up against a physical beating vs. ISU, KSU, and Texas (teams with the bigger WRs and a lot of RPO and screens). To me the other factor here is that you can't roll with Washington and Fields on the same side too often, or you end up getting hit over the top. I think if you see Washington that you need to see Harrington with him, so that he can play aggressive underneath. Fields really does seem like a guy better suited to NB and being closer to the LOS than trying to play CF. 

2 hours ago, quigley said:

He's obviously a great prospect at a position where HS production translates to college production. Anyone that says otherwise is being ridiculous.

Part of this is likely sour grapes from knowing that several top 2020 class RB (including Robinson) looked at OU, but the Sooners stuck by McClellan and got burned.

I like him a lot, but to say he's already better than Benson, Charles, or Foreman shows the utter stupidity of that site.

Edited by HtownHorn

Siap...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29554605/oklahoma-lincoln-riley-agree-new-six-year-contract-sooners-prep-2020-season

Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley has agreed to a new six-year contract with the school through the 2025 season, a source told ESPN.  The new agreement adds two years to Riley's contract, which still must be approved by Oklahoma's board of regents, which meets this week. The Athletic first reported the new agreement for Riley.

Oklahoma increased Riley's salary to $6 million annually in January 2019. His previous agreement included $700,000 bonuses for each year he remains at OU, as well as annual salary increases of $150,000. His 2019 salary of $6,384,462 ranked ninth among FBS coaches, according to USA Today's database.

Edited by LTtxfan

John Mackovic would be proud of Riley for this one ::

*** Source tells me freshman Michael Henderson has moved to RB. As a matter of fact, source says that many think he is a great athlete that will get a look at several spots before his time in Norman is done. One referenced him to a faster Dimitri Flowers.

This guy is an actual answer to the lack of physicality on defense. He's an incredible athlete and while I'm sure he'd succeed at RB or HB, there is no world in which he should be doing anything at OU other than playing LB. 

McGowan, Pledger, Major, Brooks, Stevenson - the RB room looks really deep and Major is a big powerful runner and a RS FR. I just don't get it. 

9 minutes ago, golfclap said:

This guy is an actual answer to the lack of physicality on defense. He's an incredible athlete and while I'm sure he'd succeed at RB or HB, there is no world in which he should be doing anything at OU other than playing LB. 

McGowan, Pledger, Major, Brooks, Stevenson - the RB room looks really deep and Major is a big powerful runner and a RS FR. I just don't get it. 

Wait til they get Bowman as a WR (I'm kidding. Kind of.)

40 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I thought we wanted him as a H-back/TE right?

Drumm on Wheaton

*** Five-star RB Camar Wheaton is a hot-topic on our board and for good reason. There isn’t a lot of things being said about the star RB and that is because Wheaton is so quiet.

So, where do things stand with Wheaton right now? Again, much like Scooby Williams, it all depends on who you speak with these days.

Texas seems very confident and is pushing what RB coach Stan Drayton can do for him having coached some elite backs at Ohio State. They have also had some solid conversations with him in recent weeks.

With OU, the Sooners RB Demarco Murray doesn’t have the elite development list that Drayton does, but he can tell a kid he knows what it takes to be a CFB All-American and become an NFL leading rusher and MVP. So, there are two sides to the story, according to a source I spoke with over the last few days.

Also, if you talk with sources near OU you get a feeling that the Sooners are quite confident in where they stand with Wheaton, as well. One source, that I talked with, told me, “He’s quiet with a lot of people, but not with DeMarco,” source said. “They have a great relationship.”

Wheaton also last saw OU and Texas before the dead period started back in March. There is a few sources that also tell me Wheaton has plans to be in Norman for the Sooner Summit in August, but I have yet to confirm that with people around Wheaton.

So, with Texas feeling confident, am I close to making the Horns my crystal ball pick? No. At least not yet, and that is because something tells me this thing will continue to go back and forth. Add the fact sources around Norman are just as confident, and it is making this one really hard to gauge. That is actually good news for OU.

Lastly, if that visit happens, and Wheaton meets up with a few Sooners commits and top targets, it will be hard to deny OU with him, in my opinion.

So, even with Texas making a solid run — and they are doing just that— things seem to be setting up nicely for OU to do something similar soon enough. This one will be fun to watch as a decision draws near as the two rivals of OU and Texas seem to be going head-to-head for the elite RB

• Hook 'Em 1

I always like Wylie, he was never given a real chance here, because Fat Dogg was always looking over his shoulder. That said, Grinch's defense will continue to be exposed against Power Spread teams. Hopefully our OL has learned what a simple stunt is by now.

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I mean, Bennie Wylie being at OU is fucking great but uh... 

i dont think so cady heron GIF

I know ... 

pynk vagina panta GIF by Janelle Monáe

You coward. Don't worry, I'll act as the keebler elf in your motherfucking brain and answer for you. 

Everyone here knows that you would marry Blake Brockermeyer, because at the end of the day he's at least technically a UT alum. Although, personally hes shown zero loyalty and a willingness to be a whinny fucking handful bitch of a wife so I'm not sure you wouldn't be making a huge mistake because he might be way harder to handle than you assumed, despite the fact he's a huge pussy. He'd probably cuck you all over town. 

We all know you'd kill Stan Drayton in cold blood before we even finished the actual proposition. Like an uncontrollable tourettes fueled twitch.  You'd have shot him in the head before someone finished saying "Fuck, Marry, Kill."

Which leaves ole' Benny Wiley as your delicious, sweet chocolate paramour. I don't think anyone would be surprised to learn that you would oil him up, perhaps dress him in pink spandex, and then probably force him to wear a Stan Dayton mask as you exercised all of your furious demons on his toned physique. And then probably kill him.

/fin

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3