Hats off to everyone that

GreenspointTexas

Multiple Utah fans told the OP how polite and enthusiastic the Texas fans were. They said it was the best game day experience they ever witnessed.

My friend, whose daughter was planning on attending Utah next fall, was so impressed by the Horn fans that he forced her to apply to UT- Austin on the drive back to their hotel. She was also accepted by Penn and Yale, but not Princeton and is on a wait list at Stanford and Harvard. So her chances of actually getting accepted by UT are pretty low. But the Longhorn supporters were such awesome, wonderful people, that were are praying that it is God’s will that she ends up at the “Fifty Acres”
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Showed up to the Alamo Bowl last night

and fuck all of you 5 million people that live less than an hour from the Alamodome but were too cheap to buy a $15 ticket. Buncha broke dicks on here

least attended Texas bowl game ive been to. Maybe 60% full. Also, Utah travels like dogshit. They maybe had 7-8k fans at the game

Sorry man.  Big fan of the program here but I'm up for a promotion to Assistant Vice President this month at my bank and I'm not about to screw that up for one bowl game.  But glad to see we won and that branch banking is on an uptick.  High five!  Also, we didn't miss the game because of family, ski trips, or any other vacation excuse.  I live just 75 minutes north of the Alamodome and could have easily attended the game but I chose not to just to spite you.  

Edited by Lobo

19 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

"I'm a better fan than you" threads are the fucking worst. Greenpoint starting said thread is a perfect storm of suck.

I was sitting behind @GreenspointTexas during the game. The Utah fans around me kept commenting on how impressed they were that he stood and yelled the whole game.

I knew It was him because late in the first quarter Utah got their second consecutive first down and he threw up his hands and yelled “BALLGAME”

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

TBH, football is just a better viewing experience when you’re watching at home on your couch. Especially a game like that. I know that isn’t just my opinion. Not sure if it’s the minority opinion, but unless I’m going to Texas/OU, or the big 12 championship, or the college football playoff, I’d much rather just watch at home where I can pause the game, run to my own clean bathroom, walk to the fridge and grab a beer that I’ve already paid for, and fast forward straight through the commercial break.

• Like 1

I was there and the 60K fans, which of course was 90% Horns fans, were loud when we needed to be. Great atmosphere!

In a domed environment, I guarantee that was the loudest environment Utah played in this year.

Yes, NYE and downtown SA with other festivities going on, I was pleased with the 60K. Other non-NY6 bowls would’ve loved that attendance.

Hook’em Horns!

• Like 1

My son and I have been to the last nine Alamo Bowls, since we live in the SA area, and we enjoy the experience. Most of those games have been exciting, like the TCU comeback vs Oregon- with a 3rd string QB.

Last night (IMO) was the loudest atmosphere/environment since UT came from behind to beat Oregon State. Since the partnership of PAC and B12, the matchups have been pretty good and draw well.

For a lot of native Texans, most people downplay what SA actually brings as a destination city to the rest of the nation. The stadium isn’t the best, but the location being “walking distance” to a majority of the downtown hotels and riverwalk is hard to beat.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

My son and I have been to the last nine Alamo Bowls, since we live in the SA area, and we enjoy the experience. Most of those games have been exciting, like the TCU comeback vs Oregon- with a 3rd string QB.

Last night (IMO) was the loudest atmosphere/environment since UT came from behind to beat Oregon State. Since the partnership of PAC and B12, the matchups have been pretty good and draw well.

For a lot of native Texans, most people downplay what SA actually brings as a destination city to the rest of the nation. The stadium isn’t the best, but the location being “walking distance” to a majority of the downtown hotels and riverwalk is hard to beat.

The Alamodome probably needs to be replaced if S.A. is serious about taking the next step in their sports offerings.   If I were betting on it, sometime in this new decade an opportunity will come up for S.A. to get an NFL or MLB franchise.    They need to be ready for it.   I hope if an Alamodome replacement is somewhere in the same area or at least in the vicinity of downtown so it can leverage what you noted  

Was at the game last night with my family.  No way it was 60% full, it was much more than that.  Crowd was loud but not the typical Texas crowd that goes to games at DKR.  Many people, at least in my shitty section, didn't stand or know the words for the Eyes, didn't know Texas Fight, and didn't look like they'd ever set foot on the 40 acres.  But they were there and making noise.  

The Alamodome is a fucking joke.  After going to the Superdome in January and Jerry World in December last year, I was shocked at how low-class the Alamodome was.  Restrooms, concessions, the overall dingy atmosphere in the concourse, absolutely pathetic.  Like comparing the Four Seasons to a Motel 6.

9 minutes ago, Zone Read said:

Was at the game last night with my family.  No way it was 60% full, it was much more than that.  Crowd was loud but not the typical Texas crowd that goes to games at DKR.  Many people, at least in my shitty section, didn't stand or know the words for the Eyes, didn't know Texas Fight, and didn't look like they'd ever set foot on the 40 acres.  But they were there and making noise.  

The Alamodome is a fucking joke.  After going to the Superdome in January and Jerry World in December last year, I was shocked at how low-class the Alamodome was.  Restrooms, concessions, the overall dingy atmosphere in the concourse, absolutely pathetic.  Like comparing the Four Seasons to a Motel 6.

The thing was built some 30-odd years ago on a hope and a prayer to attract an NFL team and doesn’t get much use, so I’m not sure what you’d expect. They’re not going to pour substantial money into trying to pretend it’s JerryMundo.

7 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Was going to neg you for hating one of the 4 unique cities in the US, but since you rooted your ass off....

6 hours ago, BradInATX said:

What are your other two, besides New Orleans?

College Station fits that description as well.

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

The thing was built some 30-odd years ago on a hope and a prayer to attract an NFL team and doesn’t get much use, so I’m not sure what you’d expect. They’re not going to pour substantial money into trying to pretend it’s JerryMundo.

You are correct, I've lived here in San Antonio since 1987 and know some of the history behind it.   They didn't pour substantial money into it originally, it was built on the cheap and it showed from day 1.  Another one of former Mayor Henry Cisneros' pet projects that wasted millions of dollars and failed miserably.

• Like 1

Sorry man.  Big fan of the program here but I'm up for a promotion to Assistant Vice President this month at my bank and I'm not about to screw that up for one bowl game.  But glad to see we won and that branch banking is on an uptick.  High five!  Also, we didn't miss the game because of family, ski trips, or any other vacation excuse.  I live just 75 minutes north of the Alamodome and could have easily attended the game but I chose not to just to spite you.  

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

The Spurs played in the Alamodome for many years and had that stupid massive curtain. 

And it’s still used to host the Final Four which I believe will be held there again sometime in the next few years.  

But yea it was built right before all the owners in the NFL and MLB required bling  with their largely taxpayer funded stadiums and it was built in hopes of attracting an NFL team in a different era.   Now if someone was dead serious about relocating an NFL team to SA, they’d have to do what the Raiders and Vegas did and build the stadium to their specs.   That goes for an MLB franchise.as well.     

Greenspoint loves to make threads like this to embellish and exaggerate to try and make Longhorns look bad. Wonder why? I was there and had a great time. If I didn't live in SA, no I wouldn't have been there and I would have missed out.

Ballgame

I’m stealing that photo to give to our outgoing manager as a final fuck you to him.

given that we handily beat a top 15 team, do end up ranked around 24/25?  And where do we start 2020?  Basically, will LSU be on CBS at night ? because I’m excited for that game again.  

19 hours ago, Zone Read said:

The Superdome is a shithole too, it’s only because it’s full of hammered drunks making noise that you overlook it...

18 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

The Superdome is a shithole too, it’s only because it’s full of hammered drunks making noise that you overlook it...

Not at all. It's one of the few unique stadiums left in the country, and one of the few that actually has character and soul. The sightlines are great, it's generally easy and well run, and the food and drink are solid. Top 5 in the country, if not top 1.

You can have your glass and stainless focus-grouped KB-Homes built atrocities. Give me Lambeau, the Superdome, and Fenway all day.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yea...few Katrina refugees left their souls there

And when it re-opened, an entire region cried, cheered, and experienced a mass-catharsis that is unlike anything ever experienced by anyone who wasn't there in September of 2006.

Soul.

If you know, you know. If you don't, well, Jerry's got some $12 beers for you I guess.

Edited by BradInATX

the very rare and esoteric combo of side-boob with under-boob whilst dating a guy wearing a visor at a domed stadium.  

If you don't think we're living in a simulation, you're clinging to a religion of lies.  

20 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

The Alamodome probably needs to be replaced if S.A. is serious about taking the next step in their sports offerings.   If I were betting on it, sometime in this new decade an opportunity will come up for S.A. to get an NFL or MLB franchise.    They need to be ready for it.   I hope if an Alamodome replacement is somewhere in the same area or at least in the vicinity of downtown so it can leverage what you noted  

Used to be so much fun hanging out at the riverwalk before walking to a Spurs game. The at&t center location sucks. 

• Like 2

the location sucks but it is a good venue for hoops.  Why would San Antonio wanna replace the Alamodome though?  They're not going to attract an NFL or MLS team and that's the only type team that would use it.  Meantime, it's useful for UIL and UTSA, where teams are just happy to be there.  It was a grift from day one and will continue to be.  Maybe you could put an XFL team in there to take the stink off.

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

the very rare and esoteric combo of side-boob with under-boob whilst dating a guy wearing a visor at a domed stadium.  

If you don't think we're living in a simulation, you're clinging to a religion of lies.  

The fuck you say? 

VJKOJDAXUEI6TOHGKZYZBQX5BA.jpg