Next time, Jack...

TrashMaster G

When I was twelve, I helped my daddy build a bomb shelter in our basement because some fool parked a dozen warheads 90 miles off the coast of Florida.  Well, this thing would park a couple of hundred warheads off the coasts of Washington and New York, Jack.  And nobody would know anything about it until it was all over.  

...are expendable.  

Somethin' like that...

that guy totally redeems himself later in the movie though.  

Another great scene that I thought was bullshit as a kid until I get older and somebody in that community told me basically, "Yeah, those guys come on our boats all the time and fuck shit up..."

"You heard that torpedo hit the hull of that ship.  And we.......were never here.  Contact Dallas, give 'em the Go."  

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Another great scene that I thought was bullshit as a kid until I get older and somebody in that community told me basically, "Yeah, those guys come on our boats all the time and fuck shit up..."

We had "Marine Biologists" come on board a couple times when we were working far North along the Russian border.  The CIC was less secure than their "labratory". I never saw the inside of it or knew anyone that did. Then we had a group of divers come onboard to repair a "phone cable". We spent 6 weeks above the Arctic Circle on that one. Rumor was they were working on the sub detection network.

You shoulda been with us five, six months ago! Whoa, talk about puke! We ran into a hailstorm over the Sea of Japan! Everyone was retchin' his guts out! The pilot shot his lunch all over the windshield, and I barfed on the radio - knocked it out completely! It wasn't that lightweight stuff, either; it was that chunky, industrial-weight puke!

• Like 1

You make your point as delicately as ever, Mr. Pelt.

Right now Captain Tupolev is removing the safety features on all his weapons.  He won't make the same mistake twice.

You arrogant ass!  You've killed us!

Andrei, you've lost another submarine?

You heard it hit the hull, and I...was never here.

In one of those security briefings early on, they said they had a man on the inside who said the Navy boss flipped out when he got the letter from Rameous. I always figured it was that guy's man servant (who fixed him the tea.) Could that be the case?

such a great scene.  ANd I love that Ed Rooney got to get on the boat with Jones.  

As I said above, I thought that was the most unrealistic part of the movie, that two guys could just waltz in and fuck up the Hunt.  But my uncle who serves on both subs and destroyers said that shit happened all the time.  And I really love that they were both in full officer dress, including Jones in Flag Officer after the scene earlier where the guy is complaining that Alec Baldwin shouldn't be in the uniform.  

17 hours ago, Lobo said:

such a great scene.  ANd I love that Ed Rooney got to get on the boat with Jones.  

As I said above, I thought that was the most unrealistic part of the movie, that two guys could just waltz in and fuck up the Hunt.  But my uncle who serves on both subs and destroyers said that shit happened all the time.  And I really love that they were both in full officer dress, including Jones in Flag Officer after the scene earlier where the guy is complaining that Alec Baldwin shouldn't be in the uniform.  

Yeah, well that guy was a whiny fuck who got dealt with...