Rose Bowl: Wisconsin Oregon

tbone_

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

No ESPN App for the Rose Bowl post game....great setting, good game..wields way too much power. Everybody needs to tell them to fuck off.  

He says with no sense of irony. Now bitch about B12 teams fleeing for other conferences. If you can tear yourself away from LHN long enough. 

• Fuck You 4

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

He says with no sense of irony. Now bitch about B12 teams fleeing for other conferences. If you can tear yourself away from LHN long enough. 

Sure, it's exactly the same, all of CFB moving around one game and two, well really one massively egocentric conference.  By the way...nice game last Saturday night.

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Sure, it's exactly the same, all of CFB moving around one game and two, well really one massively egocentric conference.  By the way...nice game last Saturday night.

ESPN's intro for the game was really funny. All about how the whole Midwest loves and looks forward to the Rose Bowl. I guess the Pac can go fuck itself.

35 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Peddle your bullshit elsewhere. Whiny schools left because they couldn’t win. Don’t be a bitch. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

You're right, it's not the same thing. I have no idea what you're talking about when you say "all of CFB moving around one game." They're not part of the playoff this year so they're not a marquee game. The Rose Bowl earned its prestige and they've been making increased concessions ever since the BCS. You probably enjoyed that when Texas got in to play Michigan. 

Sick burn, btw. Congratulations on your Alamo Bowl win over...Utah, was it? Boy, you sure showed me. 

• Fuck You 4

11 minutes ago, Hozz said:

This was a great game.  It had a bit of everything and it was close throughout.  My favorite bowl game of the season this year, aside from our win.

Personally thought Ohio State - Clemson was a lot better. It felt like it had much more of an violent edge to it, and the style of football was more entertaining.

Honestly, it hasn't been a vintage bowl season except for a select few of them (hello Indiana barfing up the Gator Bowl). You expect more madness.

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Personally thought Ohio State - Clemson was a lot better. It felt like it had much more of an violent edge to it, and the style of football was more entertaining.

Honestly, it hasn't been a vintage bowl season except for a select few of them (hello Indiana barfing up the Gator Bowl). You expect more madness.

Rose Bowl, Minnesota/Auburn & OSU/Clemson have been my top games entertainment wise. 

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That was a great game as well.  The best semi final CFP game yet probably?  Most of the others have been blowouts.

I thought the Rose Bowl just had a bit of everything that makes college football the best sport.  Some interesting story lines, the setting/history and the game itself had a lot of fun shit you don't see all that often like a kickoff return TD and the muffed snap from the punter that got returned for a TD.