Non-Texas recruiting: 2021

Elmer_Fudd

8 hours ago, Fud said:

For 2021 QB recruiting, it seems like Vandagriff to Georgia, Caleb Williams to LSU, and Gunner Stockton to South Carolina (if Bobo stays employed)

Stockton is a ‘22, and I wonder how interested he’ll be in Clemson once they offer. Also, I think it’s interesting that Clemson has yet to offer any ‘22 players. I think I remember you or @Doc Sam Beckett talking about their policy to not offer sophomores or something like that.

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Why would fuente leave vt for Baylor?  What’s the upside?

Upside? It can only get better for him.. He has sucked at VT, and is on the hot seat. Now he gets a new contract, in a better state.. Hope he continues to suck for the next 5 years if he goes to Waco 

36 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Upside? It can only get better for him.. He has sucked at VT, and is on the hot seat. Now he gets a new contract, in a better state.. Hope he continues to suck for the next 5 years if he goes to Waco 

I will argue that he hasn't sucked at VTech, by VTech standards. We wouldn't be happy with his performance if that were happening here, much like we aren't happy with Herman's. That said, the guy walked into a depleted roster situation at VTech and played in the conference title game in year 1. That was impressive. The roster and culture collapse accompanying weak to terrible performances in 2018 and 2019 certainly weren't inspiring. Still, he definitely didn't kill it the way I thought he would in Blacksburg.

Beamer's last 4 seasons:

2012: 7-6

2013: 8-5

2014: 7-6

2015: 7-6

Fuente's first 4 seasons:

2016: 10-4

2017: 9-4

2018: 6-7

2019: 8-5

Fuente has also lost 3 straight bowl games. So, not great, but not "suck" in the overall sense.

On 1/14/2020 at 4:38 PM, texifornia said:

That makes our lives a bit easier

Here's hoping LSU gets back to three yards and a cloud of dust next year. Not likely, but I can dream. Maybe they'll just hire a really bad spread OC this time. Fingers crossed they find a way to get Drew Mehringer. If not, I'm sure Andy Ludwig, Chip Long, or Sonny Cumbie, could do with a change of scenery.

• Haha 1

Just now, Katfid54 said:

Aranda

Forgot about him. I really don’t get the impression that he’d be a very good HC. Then again, McGuire would be a pretty big reach. Both of those options seem to have high flame out potential. 

If Baylor really did try for Napier and Fuente, I’m surprised they missed on both since they’ve shown a willingness to pay their HC top 5 money in all of CFB. 

55 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Forgot about him. I really don’t get the impression that he’d be a very good HC. Then again, McGuire would be a pretty big reach. Both of those options seem to have high flame out potential. 

If Baylor really did try for Napier and Fuente, I’m surprised they missed on both since they’ve shown a willingness to pay their HC top 5 money in all of CFB. 

Uncle Drayton has stepped in to dictate specific terms around who the school would like to retain on the staff because the boosters like them. 

At least, that is my fantasy based on his prior antics.