Lead singers manning the drum kit

jimmyjazz

On 1/4/2020 at 10:31 PM, Beau Vine said:

I saw Cowboy Mouth in concert at a Seattle music festival in about 1992.  We literally only saw them because it started raining really hard and they were playing inside at the time.  Still one of the best concerts I've ever seen.  Fred just completely controlled the crowd. 

Saw Cowboy Mouth at Liberty Lunch back in the day.  Fred was all over the place climbing the girders over the stage. Such a great live band.  took my son a few years ago to see them at 310 ACL.  sparse crowd but everyone that was there was totally into every song.

Told my son, that's how you do it.  regardless of crowd size, you bring it.  he just nodded.

On 7/5/2022 at 9:48 AM, Tylerocks said:

I don't think you can heave a thread about lead singers as drummers without mention of Levon Helm.  Apologies if he was mentioned up thread, I skimmed....

On 7/5/2022 at 3:15 PM, deadshank said:

You beat me to it.

You both beat me to it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Saw Cowboy Mouth at Liberty Lunch back in the day.  Fred was all over the place climbing the girders over the stage. Such a great live band.  took my son a few years ago to see them at 310 ACL.  sparse crowd but everyone that was there was totally into every song.
Told my son, that's how you do it.  regardless of crowd size, you bring it.  he just nodded.

Haven’t seen them since their heyday in the early oughts but glad to know they still bring it.