San Antonio citizenry fireworks show. SA residents laugh at city wide ban.

midtown

5 hours ago, midtown said:

Saw that while watching the big fireworks display at the Tower of the Americas right outside our room window at the Grand Hyatt.

Caught a lot of it just panning the horizon with my iPad back & forth. It looked like shiny glitter everywhere in the distance..

One of my guys in the sheet metal shop decided it would be a great idea come NYE to get piss drunk and launch a small fireworks cannon off of his crotch and into the air.  He miscalculate by not turning the muzzle up and had it pointed down and at his junk.

He quickly found out why the good Lord gave you two giblets.  He now has 1 & 1/8 nuts.  Believe it or not he is back at work today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deadshank said:

One of my guys in the sheet metal shop decided it would be a great idea come NYE to get piss drunk and launch a small fireworks cannon off of his crotch and into the air.  He miscalculate by not turning the muzzle up and had it pointed down and at his junk.

He quickly found out why the good Lord gave you two giblets.  He now has 1 & 1/8 nuts.  Believe it or not he is back at work today.

It sounds like it would have been better for humanity if he had lost both of them.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 11 months later...
I live around the 290/183/35 area and it was a combat zone for a solid two hours. Just non stop and pretty sure I could make out gunfire mixed in.
An apt complex in the Mueller area caught fire from it.

Coronado Hills or St John’s? Those are my old neighborhoods.

Oahu is bananas on New Year's. People per family spend more on fireworks than Christmas. This is an 11 minute video but trust me it goes on for hours. We couldn't see 10 feet beyond the lanai for all of the smoke.

Yeah but how many stabbings were there on Waikiki last night?

That crap makes me ragey. Idiots in my neighborhood doing the same thing. No use calling them out on it or calling the police. Both are completely pointless. 
At this point realtors might as well start notifying people moving from out of town that new years and 4th of July are a free for all. Make it legal and add a massive tax that goes to the the fire department. At least we aren't firing guns.

8 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Coronado Hills or St John’s? Those are my old neighborhoods.

I remember when Coronado Hills was first developed around 1970 or so.. Nash Phillips Copus was the main builder. We toured the Parade of Homes there and I may still have some of the floor plan flyers we picked up.

Reagan High School was still fairly new, as was Webb Jr. High across I-35. The area was dubbed the “Golden Triangle”  (bordered by 290/183/Cameron Road). I worked at Webb for 3 years in the early 1970s. We lived in the Santa Maria apartments at North Lamar & 183, then moved up to Windsor Hills off East Rundberg in 1971 (built the 5th house in that neighborhood).

Edited by Armybrat

11 hours ago, texhorn said:

Yeah but how many stabbings were there on Waikiki last night?

Are you not familiar with the Kaimuki Stabber?  

If my kids aren't being kept awake by it, I'm not gonna be a curmudgeon as we say goodbye to the shittastic 2020.  But last night (night of January 1 into 2)...somebody West of me was raging again with the fireworks until well past midnight, several hours of really loud stuff.  Obviously they overbought for NYE and then overserved themselves on NYD, it got pretty damn annoying by the end of the night.  Thankfully, it's a full weekend still.  The most surprising thing though is Nextdoor hasn't lit up with complaints.  Maybe not being a nosey shithead is on more people's resolution list?  God Bless San Antonio---the city I once called home for 10 months and God Bless 2021