NHL Thread

Bartles

On 4/17/2018 at 7:56 AM, TheFlagship said:

I’ll admit I’m only a casual NHL observer, but why in the hell did EDM trade Taylor Hall? I watched that game last night and he was unreal. 

Im bandwagoning the devils a bit since they have two dudes from Plano. 

My memory might be a bit foggy but I think Edmonton had loaded up on forwards with all the high draft picks they had after being terrible for about ten years.  They had tons of forwards in their system but not much in the way of defensemen.  I can't remember who Hall was traded for but I'm pretty what they saw as a defenseman with a high ceiling was the focal point of what they got in return.

BTW why in the hell is there a hockey double header on The Golf Channel tonight?  I get USA not wanting to fuck with Raw or Smackdown but what programming is so precious to them on Wednesday night that they can't put these games over there.

4 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

My memory might be a bit foggy but I think Edmonton had loaded up on forwards with all the high draft picks they had after being terrible for about ten years.  They had tons of forwards in their system but not much in the way of defensemen.  I can't remember who Hall was traded for but I'm pretty what they saw as a defenseman with a high ceiling was the focal point of what they got in return.

BTW why in the hell is there a hockey double header on The Golf Channel tonight?  I get USA not wanting to fuck with Raw or Smackdown but what programming is so precious to them on Wednesday night that they can't put these games over there.

Adam Larsson

13 hours ago, heso said:

Looks like you might get to spend that second round money. 

As a caps season ticket holder for the past 10 years, every year is the same cycle of gut-punches. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town if there's a game 7.

• Haha 1

Toronto looks to be taking their series to game 7.

After going 0-2, I was sure the Caps were done a series earlier than usual.  If they can hold a 2 goal lead for another 9 minutes, they'll face the Penguins without having to play a game 7/

14 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

The Caps haven’t beaten the Pens in the playoffs in like 25 years, so maybe they’re due?

24 years. Pens are 9-1 all time in playoff series. 8 of those 10 series went at least 6 games 

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

My favorite has always been the scarf wearing Penguin. It's always funny when animal mascots wear clothes of some sort.

The Penguin on ice skates with a hockey stick did it for me as a kid. That's why as a native Houstonian, I was excited when the Penguins won the Stanley Cup in 1991. I mean as a 7 year old, what is cooler than a Penguin skating around with a hockey stick?

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

My favorite has always been the scarf wearing Penguin. It's always funny when animal mascots wear clothes of some sort.

but the gloves seem normal, right... on a bird, no less.

3 hours ago, steelcityblue said:

Caps Pens should get interesting without Malkin tonight

No Carl Hagelin either. 

Will be interesting to see which goalie shows up for both teams. Both are capable of stealing games and giving them away.