2020 Texas Offseason Thread: Herman's Hail Mary

texifornia

Just now, Houston20 said:

hot take: Ingram will be running 3rd on the depth chart come season's end

Which is nuts when you think about it. I know this board gives him a hard time, but he's a really good back and to have him third (if that indeed happens) is a testament to the stable we've built. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, futureman said:

true, but funny considering we were down to zero healthy scholarship running backs only last season until rojo switched. 

And should we suffer a rash of injuries, heaven forbid, we also have Jordan Whittington as insurance. We're in great shape at running back for the 2020 season.

On 6/12/2020 at 5:29 PM, Goodman said:

My point is that young men/women do not understand that everything said, especially on social media could minimize opportunities. Opportunities most young(for the mob, I mean all races) men/women believe is a right and not earned. The "lol" was cute.

Just look at the guy that was starring on The Flash, his social media posts from almost a decade ago, got him fired.

Running back roster from 2016 (scholarship only):

Tristan Houston
Kyle Porter
D'Onta Foreman
Chris Warren
Kirk Johnson
Roderick Bernard

Running back roster for 2020 (scholarship only):

Jordan Whittington
Roshon Johnson
Keaontay Ingram
Daniel Young
Bijon Robinson
Kelvontay Dixon (ATH - but throwing him in here)
Derrian Brown (working his way back)

I'd say we have an upgrade.

Edited by pearlandhorn
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Tristan Houston
Kyle Porter
D'Onta Foreman
Chris Warren
Kirk Johnson
Roderick Bernard

Jordan Whittington
Roshon Johnson
Keaontay Ingram
Daniel Young
Bijon Robinson

Crazy to say about a position group with a Doak Walker winner but looks like an upgrade to me as well. Lots of JAGs in that '16 room after you get past Foreman.

I had completely forgotten about Dixon, the assumption is that he ends up in the slot right? Really happy he ended up in the class, he is really good. With the way WR recruiting is going right now he is even more important. 

3 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

Tristan Houston
Kyle Porter
D'Onta Foreman
Chris Warren
Kirk Johnson
Roderick Bernard

Jordan Whittington
Roshon Johnson
Keaontay Ingram
Daniel Young
Bijon Robinson

Brown will probably never play football again, and Whittington was moved to the slot. Dixon is also likely a WR. So the RB depth chart is really:

Ingram, Johnson

Robinson

Young

Which is why the coaching staff wanted 2 last year, and want 2 this year. Considering there is a chance that only Johnson and Robinson are the only true RBs on the team after the season is over. 

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

SIAP, but 247 says Kennedy Lewis has rejoined the team.

Here's the 247 article...

"Texas WR Kennedy Lewis returning to program for summer workouts"

By  JEFF HOWE 3 hours ago

A largely inexperienced Texas wide receiver group needs all of the talented bodies it can get in order to surround quarterback Sam Ehlinger with as many capable weapons as possible in his final season in the program. The Longhorns are back on campus and began going through voluntary workouts Monday on (the first day the Big 12 Conference allowed such activities to begin) and while Kennedy Lewis isn’t with the group right now, he’ll soon rejoin his teammates as a full-fledged member of the program.

A source confirmed to Horns247 that Lewis, a redshirt freshman, is back with the Longhorns after serving a suspension during the fall semester. Lewis is listed on the school’s official online roster after being removed for the spring and the source said Lewis was expected to arrive in town by Monday to go through the on-boarding process before beginning voluntary on-campus workouts on June 22.

Horns247’s Chip Brown reported in the March 5 edition of The Eyes of Texas that Lewis was suspended “not only from the football team but from school.”

“Lewis is back home in the Dallas area (Melissa, Texas) taking junior college courses, one source said,” Brown wrote. “But Lewis is expected back at Texas for summer school, the source said.”

The 6-foot-3-inch, 200-pound Lewis played in two games as a true freshman, preserving a season of eligibility. Lewis had a 37-yard reception in the team’s Sept. 14 win over Rice at NRG Stadium.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Football-WR-Kennedy-Lewis-returning-for-summer-workouts-suspended-spring-semester-148207211/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

Yeah...that's 805 if that's only a 45 pound bar.  Based on the way the bar bends, I'd say it's 45 pounds.  Jesus.

585 by my count but still a hell of a lot of weight! He’s going to be a monster this year!