2020 Texas Offseason Thread: Herman's Hail Mary

texifornia

Before the Power 5 conferences conduct their virtual Media Days in late July, 247Sports gathered experts across its vast network and conducted polls within each Power 5 conference to get a better idea of how the season might transpire.

This week we unveil the predictions of dozens of nearly five dozen beat writers across the country. Each day this week is devoted to a different Power 5 conference. Think of it as a preseason tailgate before the conferences gather coaches, players and writers for interviews and the release of their annual preseason polls. This is your first taste of football. This is 247Sports Media Days.

1. Oklahoma, 86 points (7 first-place votes)
2. Oklahoma State, 77
3. Iowa State, 70 (1)
4. Texas, 69 (1)
5. TCU, 51
6. Kansas State, 39
7. Baylor, 38
T-8. Texas Tech, 28
T-8. West Virginia, 28
10. Kansas, 9

The Longhorns were buoyed by one first-place vote but it wasn’t enough to overtake the Cyclones for third place in the conference. The panel projects the Longhorns to finish fourth in the conference, which would assuredly be a disappointing season for Texas fans expecting a run to the New Year’s Six and a double-digit win season. Texas made six (!) changes on its staff in the offseason, and with unprecedented times proving difficult for teams to prepare and grow familiar with new coaches, this might hinder the Longhorns developing into a contender. Mike Yurcich certainly seems like an upgrade at offensive coordinator, but how will Texas’ defense handle Chris Ash’s change to a 4-3 base defense in the pass-heavy Big 12?

https://247sports.com/college/texas/LongFormArticle/247Sports-Media-Days-Big-12-preseason-poll-predicted-order-of-finish-conference-champion-player-of-year-coach-of-year-148927165/#148927165_4

16 hours ago, Snacks said:
16 hours ago, Tex Long said:
So thousands can safely march through the streets day after day after day, but can't wander safely through the State Fair Grounds without killing their Grandmas?

I was going to reply with a bad joke.

But I beat you to it?

Seriously, every motherfucker who was out marching, gathering, or whatever... everyone who was carrying a phone (leastways, one that didn't flip open) left a record of their whereabouts. It is dead simple to take that data and find most of us/them and see whether the "positive tests" are dramatically higher or not. I suspect not, but YMMV.

If not, then it makes zero sense to lock down everybody or cancel every some forms of public behavior simply because some olds die. As a certified old, I have a far greater stake in prevention of spreading this shit, but I believe that forcing you to alter your life because you might infect me is not a Good Thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eggo said:

The whining in this country over the cancelations of trivial recreations like the State Fair of Texas is astounding. How many people have to die for you to take it seriously? 

You're whining about whining. Go whine elsewhere. Or don't.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, victory88 said:

Hmmm... I have a solid guess on who “hornfromdallas” is.  If my guess is right, I hope you stick around and share the ins and outs of recruiting.  

did chow finally migrate over from the old site?

we will never really know until he starts sharing info from his 7-eleven sources...

Edited by NoName

4 hours ago, Eggo said:

The whining in this country over the cancelations of trivial recreations like the State Fair of Texas is astounding. How many people have to die for you to take it seriously? 

I think for most people its who dies, not how many.

Edited by JMFP
Left out a word
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Eggo said:

You should go lecture there 100+ student athletes at Stanford that found out their programs were cancelled today about whining and trivial recreation activities. 

2 hours ago, JMFP said:

I think for most people its who dies, not how many.

Ummm... who dies? Errbody.

How many 'zat? Errbody.

The only useful question is where and when - but where generally don't mean sheeeit.

Edited by Tex Long
Clarification
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 6:10 PM, Tex Long said:

So thousands can safely march through the streets day after day after day, but can't wander safely through the State Fair Grounds without killing their Grandmas?

I blame the State Fair, the City of Dallas and the Department of Protestor Regulations 

4 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

I blame the State Fair, the City of Dallas and the Department of Protestor Regulations 

Well, fuck The City of Dallas, and the State Fair. And fuck the Ministry of Redundancy Bureau and all its Departments.

CDC, Zoom call Castiglione and let's flip a coin - Heads play the game in Austin, tails play it in Norman. 

19 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Well, fuck The City of Dallas, and the State Fair. And fuck the Ministry of Redundancy Bureau and all its Departments.

CDC, Zoom call Castiglione and let's flip a coin - Heads play the game in Austin, tails play it in Norman. 

Just do Austin / Norman this year and next until the city of Dallas grows a pair.  

Report: Big 12 schools agree to bench visiting bands, spirit squads over coronavirus fears

Texas, Oklahoma still likely to bring bands, spirit squads to Red River matchup, a neutral-site game

Posted July 7th, 2020 

https://www.hookem.com/2020/07/07/report-big-12-schools-agree-bench-visiting-bands-spirit-squads-coronavirus-fears/

On 7/8/2020 at 10:22 AM, Eggo said:

not sure if you're a bigger pussy or idiot