2020 Texas Offseason Thread: Herman's Hail Mary

texifornia

12 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

There is a reason Brady is now an OC in the NFL - he overcame all of that and turned Joe Burrow into the greatest QB in college football.  We ate a shit ton of crow  

But, it’s cool, you’ve got his playbook, don’t need him - right?. The octogenarian was the one really calling the plays anyways, right? Or is it Scott Linehan now?  Either way I’m sure they’re  bringing a fresh perspective - it’s not like they don’t already have a track record. 

Kyrie doesn’t think coaches matter and that because LSU made it to the playoffs once they’ll never lose again because they don’t rebuild they RELOAD 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/6/2020 at 11:32 AM, Burt Macklin said:

aggy ahead of us at 13 is absurd. I really wish we got to play aggy this year. We would fucking murder them. 

I think we'd beat LSU too, if we played them early in the year while they try to adjust to new schemes and almost all new starters. I'd probably bump OU up to 4, and Minnesota should be higher too. Fleck's got that program rolling. UNC's gonna be good this year. Their 2nd year QB is a stud.  Utah will probably fall out of the top 25. They lost a lot of their best players from last year, and they don't usually reload immediately.  

You lost me at “bump OU to 4”.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Daniel Young is weighing his options on playing this season or sitting out. 

Not a bad idea getting his degree and playing one final year somewhere else. Can't help but think what would've happened had he stayed playing LB (like he did in HS) instead of RB. At the very least, he probably would've been a stop gap measure for the position post Gary Johnson and Malik.

aggy ahead of us at 13 is absurd. I really wish we got to play aggy this year. We would fucking murder them. 
I think we'd beat LSU too, if we played them early in the year while they try to adjust to new schemes and almost all new starters. I'd probably bump OU up to 4, and Minnesota should be higher too. Fleck's got that program rolling. UNC's gonna be good this year. Their 2nd year QB is a stud.  Utah will probably fall out of the top 25. They lost a lot of their best players from last year, and they don't usually reload immediately.  
Uhhh... what new schemes is LSU adjusting to... Unless you mean LSU not knowing the new Texas schemes that we've just started practicing this week.

30 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Uhhh... what new schemes is LSU adjusting to... Unless you mean LSU not knowing the new Texas schemes that we've just started practicing this week.

Are you one of those ‘Brady playbook’ truthers?  A member of the Cajun brotherhood who believes the octogenarian was really the genius and play-caller behind that high octane LSU offense. A true believer who thinks that because they have Brady’s playbook they don’t need Brady anymore. 

52 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Uhhh....they literally changed both their coordinators. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/6/2020 at 6:41 PM, Kyrie Eleison said:

2019....”all new offense and cant adjust”

Most people would have needed a few games to install a new offense...LSU clearly is not one of those people. I hoped that maybe we might get lucky and get you during some growing pains. I was wrong. But it wasn't a completely insane take or anything and more of a hope than a prediction.

The problem with beating LSU is that their players are a little bit better than ours so we need some things to go our way. Last year, they didn't. If we ever play LSU again hopefully we will have better luck.

Edited by Valmy77

Are you one of those ‘Brady playbook’ truthers?  A member of the Cajun brotherhood who believes the octogenarian was really the genius and play-caller behind that high octane LSU offense. A true believer who thinks that because they have Brady’s playbook they don’t need Brady anymore. 

it’s a concept, not a scheme or playbook.

Slinger knows what he’s doing. Lineman has added wrinkles. we’ll be perfectly fine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theathletic.co.uk/1968756/2020/08/03/lsu-football-biggest-question-2020-offense-ensminger-brennan/%3famp