SURLY ROAD TRIP 2020: Baton Rouge - Texas at LSU, Sept. 12

LonghornSean

3 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

negatory...that would be Auburn.

I saw that game and Auburn was not one play away from winning. Score does not indicate closeness. We fucked up that 3rd down and 20, or we probably win. Anyways, Im not gonna debate this further, its just to say, you didnt kick our ass, it was a very good game. 

I saw that game and Auburn was not one play away from winning. Score does not indicate closeness. We fucked up that 3rd down and 20, or we probably win. Anyways, Im not gonna debate this further, its just to say, you didnt kick our ass, it was a very good game. 

you weren’t one play away either.

you never had the ball in the second half with a chance to take the lead.

it was indeed a great game.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

you weren’t one play away either.

you never had the ball in the second half with a chance to take the lead.

it was indeed a great game.

If Ingraham doesn’t drop that pass in the end zone, it would have been OT at worst.  So yes one play, crawdad.

4 hours ago, TornACL said:

Wasn't that in the first quarter?? 

Come the fuck on, man. 

Also, it's Ingram. 

It’s still a touchdown regardless of quarter.  We wouldn’t have been playing catch the rest of the game had we scored there.

In any event, they kicked our asses?  Come the fuck on, man.

5 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Definitely. Really regretting going for the cheaper, but non-refundable, hotel reservation. I have flights booked too, but those shouldn't be too hard to reapply elsewhere.

In all fairness who would have thought something as crazy as this Coronavirus happening to shut society down for a while?

2 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

what if this game is played on Sept. 12 . . .  in front of an empty stadium?  ultimate nut-kick.

Can we still tailgate or is 100,000 people outside the stadium the same as 100,000 people inside of it?  I mean, we could stand 6' apart from one another, I'm sure they have that kinda room.  

On 4/3/2020 at 10:19 AM, Jive Turkey said:

what if this game is played on Sept. 12 . . .  in front of an empty stadium?  ultimate nut-kick.

I'm more curious what the insurance and legal ramifications are of sending a bunch of kids and employees to Louisiana during the tail end (hopefully) of a global pandemic.

On 3/30/2020 at 9:52 AM, Saint Austin said:

Anybody else worried about this game maybe not happening as scheduled?

I would be shocked if it did at this point. I really don't see how a crowd of over 100k is okay five months from now.

There has been some reporting that ADs/conferences are thinking of moving the season back to the spring. I am kind of hoping we live in that timeline It could be nice for that to be a night game in January or February and not have swamp ass the whole trip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/31/2020 at 4:07 PM, Enchubben said:

Has there been any news on whether this was cancelled entirely, or if they are trying to reschedule? Asking for a friend that hastily bought tickets in March.

On 7/31/2020 at 6:23 PM, LonghornSean said:

Yeah this sucks. Who knows when/if this get rescheduled. Had been looking forward to this one for years.

Get ready for Fayettenam next year?

I'd be shocked if they didn't reschedule. It's not unheard of - remember the Arkansas game next year was supposed to be played like 10 years ago - and I very much doubt LSU is leaving the $$$ from a home game with Texas on the table. It may just end up in 2035 or whenever both schools have openings. 

Also with all the P5s playing conference only at this point it would be pretty easy for all of them to agree to push all nonconference games back a year.