Titans @ Patriots: Wild Card Weekend

Vic Mackey

Lol, Belechick post game presser...

A journalist asked if he had a message for Patriots fans that’s stuck with the team through thick and thin...  Belechick rightly says (paraphrase), “I don’t think it’s been too thin around here.”  Sports cliche for the win!

14 minutes ago, YChang said:

Lol, Belechick post game presser...

A journalist asked if he had a message for Patriots fans that’s stuck with the team through thick and thin...  Belechick rightly says (paraphrase), “I don’t think it’s been too thin around here.”  Sports cliche for the win!

F--- Bill and his pompous, shitty press conferences that he is too good for. I pay about $7 bucks a month on my cable bill just for ESPN, which directly feeds these ridiculous TV contacts and enables the Pats to pay him $12M a year. Knock my cable bill down to where Bill is 'only' making $1M a year and then he won't have to do these shitty pressers - do you think he would take that deal?

Seems like it wasn't that many weeks ago when all the sports talking heads were yapping about this year's team being the best Patriots team ever assembled.

I didn’t hear any of that. Many sportscasters were alarmed about their offense all season despite their record.

Seems like it wasn't that many weeks ago when all the sports talking heads were yapping about this year's team being the best Patriots team ever assembled.
Exactly who was saying that? All I heard was how flawed this team was compared to the past. Now early in the year you heard people saying how historically good this defense was but changed in a hurry when they started to play good teams.

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
53 minutes ago, DougO said:

Exactly who was saying that? All I heard was how flawed this team was compared to the past. Now early in the year you heard people saying how historically good this defense was but changed in a hurry when they started to play good teams.

It was repeated on NFL shows on ESPN and NFL Network, particular due to their defense.

13 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, DougO said:

Like the Dolphins?

Edited by Mdhorn

1 minute ago, Dewey said:

Clock management was masterful and it clearly pissed the hoodie off, which is great. Maybe they should have kept AB, lol

I didn't think anything could make this sweeter. The clock management leading up to the punt was great, Tom's pick to seal it put it over the top, but an AB clap back would be the tits.

3 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I didn't think anything could make this sweeter. The clock management leading up to the punt was great, Tom's pick to seal it put it over the top, but an AB clap back would be the tits.

I watched that and still a little confused.  During the extended time of taking off the clock the patriots were offsides.  Was that Belicheck's way of trying to get in the way of Tenn.'s plan of taking time off?  Did the offsides have any impact in taking time off the clock? 

8 hours ago, DougO said:

The defense was doing unholy things to the league with regard to turnovers and points allowed.  Seriously.

Then injuries on both sides of the ball happened.  They still don't have shit around Brady as a true weapon on offense. Edelman is a legit slot receiver, after that it's has-beens and wannabes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Iceman said:

The defense was doing unholy things to the league with regard to turnovers and points allowed.  Seriously.

Then injuries on both sides of the ball happened.  They still don't have shit around Brady as a true weapon on offense. Edelman is a legit slot receiver, after that it's has-beens and wannabes.

Their first half schedule was as soft as could be, facing some of the very worst quarterbacks in the league back to back to back. The defense was never quite as good as advertised, even before injuries.

And yeah, even when people were touting the Pats as the best in the league, it was still clear as day that their offense wouldn't be good enough. Their season essentially ended when they were forced to release AB.

I'm not dying on a hill of defending the Patriots.  I was just saying their defense was indeed doing some prolific shit.

AB wasn't the answer.  In that lockerroom, it is extremely difficult imagining him being successful.  The real riddle, is if the Patriots are so good at doing their homework, how desperate were they to have both Josh Gordon and AB in the same season?

• Like 1

Tom Brady still doesn't have shit at WR, after Edelman.  Sanu's had 5 TDs in a season twice and he had 66 & 67 catches the past 2 seasons in Atlanta with Julio and Ridley taking all of the defense's attention. they drafted the guy out of ASU who showed glimpes of ability, but there were more than a handful of times when Brady would lose his shit because harry didn't know WTF he was doing.  Dorsett is inconsistent AF.

The pats got overconfident in their ability to make anyone fit in their system.  Brady is basically in QB hell, which many people are just fine with, LOL.  This fan likes watching him try to overcome it, but a little humble pie is good to be served, as well.

7 hours ago, DougO said:

It was repeated on NFL shows on ESPN and NFL Network, particular due to their defense.

Yes, their defense was being rightfully praised while everyone was asking if Brady was too over the hill for another playoff run, with the low passing yards and scores. They were winning because of their defense. Their D gave up 14 last night (although they did allow 180 rushing yards by turd dread).

1 hour ago, Dewey said:

Clock management was masterful and it clearly pissed the hoodie off, which is great. Maybe they should have kept AB, lol

yep, shoulda kept AB, despite being a headcase. He delivers on the field, speed burner, can't be stopped. Still though, no one is beating Baltimore in the AFC.

Hope they give Brady a 2 yr contract, how could they not? I mean, is there a viable starter out there?

20 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I'm not dying on a hill of defending the Patriots.  I was just saying their defense was indeed doing some prolific shit.

AB wasn't the answer.  In that lockerroom, it is extremely difficult imagining him being successful.  The real riddle, is if the Patriots are so good at doing their homework, how desperate were they to have both Josh Gordon and AB in the same season?

AB would have been fine in their locker room had those allegations not surfaced. For a year. Then they would have let him walk when it was time for him to get paid. But his completely psychotic message to his accuser while in a Patriot uniform left them no choice. Shit, they still probably would have taken him back if/when the legal/league office stuff cleared, but he went nuclear on his way out and called out Kraft on his massage parlor handjobs.

Gordon, on the other hand, they gave 100 chances to and had to know that it was going to end exactly how it did. To start the season with him as their only thing resembling a competent weapon beyond 5 yards--and a junk heap at tight end--is criminal mismanagement.

Going to be a glorious off-season for Boston sports radio. Brady as a free agent is going to lead to breathtaking calls and the hottest of takes.

The defense looked good early against shit competition. They were adequate to good against any team a bit better than shit. The offense sucked starting in OTAs when Brady didn't attend to start getting to know his new receivers. WHile he did the same last season, he still had another security blanket in Gronk. Then when Andrews and Wynn went down early, I knew they were gonna struggle. Wynn came back, but wasn't enough to make up for losing Andrews-- OL struggled all year.