No WAY is that the Same Actor/Actress

EvilCaseMcCoy

18 hours ago, Incredulity said:

watched this on a plane.  bugged me the whole time as there was something so familiar about him that I just couldn't place.

I watched it the other night and it took me about half the movie to figure out who he was.  I initially thought it was Jackie Chan, but was confused that he looked younger than he is, and his voice sounded so different.  

• 3 weeks later...

Barry Keoghan
Weird kid in Banshees movie nominated for Oscar

683e6a353fb24ef7d90536aef3d3a991.jpg

Also kid on the boat in Dunkirk (he was in his mid 20’s here)
e964176ca7e22abddc9a510d4136b710.jpg

Its not like its a dramatic physical transformation but I think he looks different depending on the angles.

I also didnt notice him in Chernobyl.

But he’ll be in some big movies coming up - Masters of the Air and Saltburn

• 1 month later...

I just connected the dots on this one.  Nate from The Office

Turned into an energy vampire.

Not hard to spot looking at them, but The Office character ran during the lean years and wasn't really featured, but I recently binged WWDS and saw an old episode of the Office on TV and hit me that Nate is Colin Robinson.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/8/2023 at 2:30 PM, idigTexas said:

More of a "wow, he turned into a good actor" than a "no way is that the same person"

image.png.0bf423f0ab840e9202482bd81845f048.pngimage.png.c23649cf95f4b3ee0fcbe804d980038c.png

He was always a great actor.

Here's a quick article about his hiatus and return:

https://people.com/movies/why-indiana-jones-and-goonies-kid-star-ke-huy-quan-quit-acting-for-20-years-inside-his-return/

My favorite bit...

Quan is still close friends with several members of the Goonies cast like Sean Astin and Corey Feldman, but primarily Jeff Cohen, who fans know as "Chunk." Cohen is now a successful entertainment lawyer who represents Quan, and was of course involved in his contract for Everything Everywhere All at Once.

"We'll be friends for life. He's my Goonies brother," says the actor. "In fact, my [Everything Everywhere] producer told me a really funny story the other day. He said never in his life did he think that he would have to talk to Chunk to get Data to be in his movie. I thought that was hilarious."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Not hard to spot looking at them, but The Office character ran during the lean years and wasn't really featured, but I recently binged WWDS and saw an old episode of the Office on TV and hit me that Nate is Colin Robinson.

Early on, he used to prank morning shows as a yo-yo expert.

• Like 1

Quan is still close friends with several members of the Goonies cast like Sean Astin and Corey Feldman, but primarily Jeff Cohen, who fans know as "Chunk." Cohen is now a successful entertainment lawyer who represents Quan, and was of course involved in his contract for Everything Everywhere All at Once.

"We'll be friends for life. He's my Goonies brother," says the actor. "In fact, my [Everything Everywhere] producer told me a really funny story the other day. He said never in his life did he think that he would have to talk to Chunk to get Data to be in his movie. I thought that was hilarious."

image.png.9bbdb5b0574e6dd6dccb31562e19ac14.png

3 hours ago, TexasHooch said:

He was always a great actor.

Here's a quick article about his hiatus and return:

https://people.com/movies/why-indiana-jones-and-goonies-kid-star-ke-huy-quan-quit-acting-for-20-years-inside-his-return/

My favorite bit...

Nice article, but I can't agree that he was always a great actor.  I personally found his childhood performances to be over-the-top to the point of being grating.    

On 10/19/2023 at 1:29 PM, Gene Parmesan said:

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray
  • Hook 'Em 1

And the cool but philandering dad in Freaks and Greeks. Neal biking alone until he found the house where the garage door beeper worked. Powerful moment and close to home. After my brother told me that a kid was bragging at school about our separated dad going to the movies with his mom.  I ran down to his apartment to confront him and he drove by with the lady and her two boys in the car.  He stopped and whatever he said was unheard as the two boys made faces in the car.   Parenting was over then and from then on it was assess and verify.  The two future stepbrothers in separate occurrences ended up murdered and in federal pen. My dad and his new wife stayed married for 43 years till death did them part. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I know it's not completely in line with the spirit of the thread, but I came across on the other day that floored me. I was looking up stuff on Twin Peaks, fondly remembering the madly attractive women. Particularly Laura Flynn Boyle.

Then I looked up pics.

2003:

lara-flynn-boyle-kb-inline-210611-3.thumb.jpg.6f7545c6f400bd627b5a911335925d99.jpg

2017:

lara-flynn-boyle-kb-inline-210611.thumb.jpg.00971386244d0d7d2958d1c341f55bd7.jpg

• 1 month later...