2020 ATP/WTA thread

ss13

Well, they've gotten in the scheduled matches. 

Stan Wawrinka vs Andy Murray isn't quite the matchup that Tennis Channel was hoping for, but it is currently in progress.

Put-int-seva is currently in action as it "Cori" (Coco) Gauff and Yastremska among the ladies. (Yastremska appears to be the runt of her family... though I now see that this was back in 2016. She might not have been 5'9" yet, but she probably was... Mamacita.)

Venus played...

And the Hamburg Open finished up with my preferred outcome.

It's all wrapping up to be the kind of Late September/Early October outdoor European tennis that we're used to.

Edited by Napoleon

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2020 at 10:40 AM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Nice little week. 

Saw the end of her match vs Brady and she was just better. In addition to the huge bones & rack, she's a bit of a huge head case who can destroy the ball when her head is on straight.

On 10/25/2020 at 3:12 PM, satyanash said:

*I believe that kaiser is the word that you're looking for.

I’m thinking Novak didn’t exactly give his best effort today. 

Novak Djokovic lost for only the third time this year after a listless effort in the Erste Bank Open quarterfinals and walked away happy on Friday.

The top-ranked Djokovic lost his first meeting with 42nd-ranked Lorenzo Sonego of Italy 6-2, 6-1.

Djokovic lacked power in his groundstrokes and produced a string of mistakes. He fell behind 4-0 and won just five points on Sonego's serve in the opening set.

In the second, Djokovic missed all six break points before conceding his service game for a fifth time when Sonego closed out the win with a passing shot.

Despite falling to a lucky loser for the first time, Djokovic was remarkably content.

"I came here with the intention to try to earn more points and secure the No. 1 in the end of the year. I have done that, so I move on,'' he said.

"I am happy, I am pleased, I am healthy, and hopefully I can have a strong finish [at the ATP Finals] in London.

"I have done what I needed to do and why I came here. I am completely fine with today's result.''

Djokovic is expected to head off Rafael Nadal and be the year-end No. 1 again, but he could have clinched it by winning the Vienna indoor hard-court final on Sunday.

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/30224593/novak-djokovic-falls-lucky-loser-lorenzo-sonego-erste-bank-open-quarterfinals