2020 ATP/WTA thread

ss13

On 7/9/2020 at 10:21 PM, ss13 said:

Don't believe so, have at it. 

I was staying at some kinda trendy hotel in west Houston back in 2004/5ish.  I was having breakfast the next morning and a guy walks in and I thought, "Damn, that really looks like Goran Ivanesovic."  But I thought nothing of it.  Then this balt headed dude walks in who looks like Murphy Jensen.  Now I'm like "WTF is going on.  That's gotta be Murphy Jensen."  

Upon further reviw, the Delta Seniors tour was in town.  Had I stuck around I might have seen Courier or Johnny Mac.  

• Like 1

Giorgi vs Mertens on Tennis Channel and I am fully on board the Giorgi train. She beats the living shit out of the 🎾 but as a result, makes a ton of unforced errors. 

Arguably the tightest stomach on the tour. 

She looks like she is boiling over with teen angst. Also there have been about a million deuces and it is only the 7th game. (5th Deuce in this game alone)

Bony a fan of Tsitsipas. 

I think that he’s just such an awkward human being that he seems like a poorly programmed Android and that bugs. 

EDIT: He also appears to be part hippopotamus. I suspect this because he frequently tilts his head back so that it is the highes point of his head so that he can breathe. 

Edited by Napoleon

4 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

She’s struggling against Rus right now. Not a good sign for big mama

If the field agrees to make her run side-to-side Andy then sprinkle in drop shots, she won’t make it to the final, much less win it. 

But if each girl tries to conserve her own energy by going for winners and keeping points short, then Serena has a chance... especially if she gets night matches.