Vikings @ Saints: Wild Card Weekend

Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, goatsaag said:

Clock management here was so bad. Vikings playing super soft on the outside and the Saints keep throwing 5-7 yard routes over the middle instead of just taking the same yardage with an easy out of bounds. Then with 33 seconds left, just call the timeout. Instead they waste 12 seconds to snap and lose another 10 to the penalty.

On the first down play, the receiver stayed in bounds to make an extra three yards.

1 minute ago, goatsaag said:

Clock management here was so bad. Vikings playing super soft on the outside and the Saints keep throwing 5-7 yard routes over the middle instead of just taking the same yardage with an easy out of bounds. Then with 33 seconds left, just call the timeout. Instead they waste 12 seconds to snap and lose another 10 to the penalty.

Vikings fucked this game to hell once going up 10. They played conservative and not to lose.

And yes, their defense was soft as shit on that last game tying drive. I don't get it at all. All they needed was a FG. They allowed the Saints to get chunks after chunks with ease.

Just now, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Would love to see them go to College rules for OT

Good god no. College OT isn't even real football. Starting at the 25? You can have defensive games like LSU/aggy last year go into 7 OTs or whatever. It turns into fucking arena league football. NFL's is perfect. Maybe you can guarantee both teams the ball but that's the only tweak I'd make. 

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Good god no. College OT isn't even real football. Starting at the 25? You can have defensive games like LSU/aggy last year go into 7 OTs or whatever. It turns into fucking arena league football. NFL's is perfect. Maybe you can guarantee both teams the ball but that's the only tweak I'd make. 

This. The fact that both leagues have a insanely stupid OT style has always driven me crazy.

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

NFL OT sucks. There has to be some happy medium between college rules & the NFL rules for overtime.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Imagine a 65-57 Superbowl. It would be amazing

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

NFL OT sucks. There has to be some happy medium between college rules & the NFL rules for overtime.

If they kicked off and made them go the length of the field, but go by college rules, I think that would be best case scenario. But college OT is stupid. It’s exciting, but stupid. They shouldn’t be starting in FG range, but the idea of someone scoring a TD on the opening possession of OT to end it is stupid too.