Vikings @ Saints: Wild Card Weekend

Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, Shaddie said:

Go ask any ref any level from HS up and the question is did somebody GAIN advantage by move?  

i honestly think Rudolph catches it with or with out a push off. 26 didnt turn his head at all, he had no idea where or if the ball was coming. His only defense was swatting rudolphs body with his arms.

He was left on an island with a guy much bigger, and taller than he was...whos been a career long RZ threat.

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Just like theres a fucking holding call on every play in nfl history. Are you a saints fan? if this was between Seattle/Philly would you be saying the refs cant put their mark on their game like this?

a 1 armed push off with his fucking wrist should never justify a fucking OPI in the playoff OT. dont be a bitch. 2 arms full extension shove? sure.

I am not a saints fan. I am sick of terrible refs and people who won’t admit their team advanced cause of a bad call. I will be 1st to admit Cowboys advanced against you do to Drew’s push. 

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

i honestly think Rudolph catches it with or with out a push off. 26 didnt turn his head at all, he had no idea where or if the ball was coming. His only defense was swatting rudolphs body with his arms.

He was left on an island with a guy much bigger, and taller than he was...whos been a career long RZ threat.

He probably would have caught it. We will never know. 

Holy fuck balls. Two things:

1.  The Vikings won a game they seemed destined to give away as is their destiny, and
  2.  If you're calling Rudolph's hand fighting move in the endzone offensive PI then Michael Irvin would retroactively have 19 total receptions in his career

Saints fans are entering tinfoil hat zone at this point. Brees had a rough day. Hill was your offense. Thomas and Harris were stymied. Man up & play the game.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Just like theres a fucking holding call on every play in nfl history. Are you a saints fan? if this was between Seattle/Philly would you be saying the refs cant put their mark on their game like this?

a 1 armed push off with his fucking wrist should never justify a fucking OPI in the playoff OT. dont be a bitch. 2 arms full extension shove? sure.

So 1 arm is not same as 2. Did he GAIN advantage? Answer me that. Did defenders momentum get stopped?  

Also you might want to watch db’s at practice. They “practice” to jump when receivers hands go up. They aren’t just hoping to get lucky. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

So 1 arm is not same as 2. Did he GAIN advantage? Answer me that. Did defenders momentum get stopped?  

Also you might want to watch db’s at practice. They “practice” to jump when receivers hands go up. They aren’t just hoping to get lucky. 

Michael Thomas just set the NFL season record for receptions this year. Go back, review, & tell me how many of those receptions you wish to overturn due to contact he initiate that was equivalent to Rudolph's. Fifty? Sixty? More?

Saints' fans are becoming the biggest bitches in the NFL. And that's saying something. 

• Like 3

A quote from an article Washington Post. 

Didn’t want link full article. 

“ovember in which Houston wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins was all but tackled in the end zone by the Ravens’ Marlon Humphrey, with no flag and no replay reversal. That play led to the NFL’s private acknowledgment that the system wasn’t working.”

10 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Last years PI was blatant. We've seen jump ball push offs for years and hardly any of them are called.

He gained advantage. We both agreed we dont know if he even needed to. I see lots of groping by the defender on Rudolph which you apparently dont see either. I'll sit here and say thats DPI just as much as that was OPI then. its a fuckin mans game. like the guys said..get taller and stronger defenders on our tallest  and biggest receiver. especially at 3rd and goal at the 5 on an obvious passing down. 

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

josh mccown just eluded a sack but the seahawk defender touched his helmet with his hand as he ducked. should be a contact to qb's head 15 yard personal foul 

Did McCown try to grab his hand? You are just being dumb now. 

Just now, Shaddie said:

I thought the defender grabbed both of his hands and stopped him from reaching up. THAT would have been DPI

did you watch the video I posted on page 9? lol. theres definite defender initiated contact as the 2 enter the EZ. how many of these slap fights actually ever get called PI on either side? we have this under a microscope because of the stage that its on.  

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

did you watch the video I posted on page 9? lol. theres definite defender initiated contact as the 2 enter the EZ. how many of these slap fights actually ever get called PI on either side? we have this under a microscope because of the stage that its on.  

Really?  Did defender gain advantage? Did receiver gain advantage? I am not for more rules. I am for getting it right. 1st game of year or last. 

You will see almost all NFL player/analyst say that was OPI. But I guess you know more than they do. 

Edited by Shaddie

6 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Really?  Did defender gain advantage? Did receiver gain advantage? I am not for more rules. I am for getting it right. 1st game of year or last. 

You will see almost all NFL player/analyst say that was OPI. But I guess you know more than they do. 

Ok. I dont, nor do I claim to. My belief is that of the NFL's. there wasn't enough "advantage gained" or whatever to warrant a flag. the Saints defender initiated hand contact FIRST, so Im in the belief Rudolph has the right to fight back. if its a single for arm "shove" so be it. So be it. you, I, NFL player/analyst have seen it all of the time go uncalled. Do you think there isn't pushing and shoving on hail marys?

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Ok. I dont, nor do I claim to. My belief is that of the NFL's. there wasn't enough "advantage gained" or whatever to warrant a flag. the Saints defender initiated hand contact FIRST, so Im in the belief Rudolph has the right to fight back. if its a single for arm "shove" so be it. So be it. you, I, NFL player/analyst have seen it all of the time go uncalled. Do you think there isn't pushing and shoving on hail marys?

You’re completely right. I give up. 

1 minute ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Saints fans are shocked--SHOCKED--that they couldn't run the ball, throw the ball or defend the run & pass at home as 7.5 point favorites.

Must be the refs/ :roll eyes:

Nah. Most of us accept that we no showed and played our second worst game of the year at the wrong time. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Michael Thomas just set the NFL season record for receptions this year. Go back, review, & tell me how many of those receptions you wish to overturn due to contact he initiate that was equivalent to Rudolph's. Fifty? Sixty? More?

Saints' fans are becoming the biggest bitches in the NFL. And that's saying something. 

Becoming?

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Defender also held him before to try and keep his hands down. It went both ways. Rudolph was trying to free himself of that.

Exactly this.

A few months back, me and a bunch of buddies signed onto a guy's weekend in Wisconsin for next weekend in honor of one buddy having his first kid.  Said buddy is a 9ers fan, I'm a Vike.  I will be day drunk in Wisconsin wearing purple next weekend.  God have mercy...

• Like 2

Saints fans are shocked--SHOCKED--that they couldn't run the ball, throw the ball or defend the run & pass at home as 7.5 point favorites.
Must be the refs/ :roll eyes:
Same as last year. They big down and settle for FGs early. Blow a 13pt lead. Offense goes into a shell. Defense allows the Rams to drive down and tie it. Brees throws a pick in OT. They ignore all of that and cling to one single no call from the refs. Fuck them

Do you mean Dallas?  Or New England?

I mean New Orleans and it’s not even close. They created a rule they don’t even use just to appease the whiny franchise and fan base. Fuck them. I’m glad they are out and will always be glad when they are out.

4 minutes ago, Hate said:

I mean New Orleans and it’s not even close. They created a rule they don’t even use just to appease the whiny franchise and fan base. Fuck them. I’m glad they are out and will always be glad when they are out.

Yeah no one comes close to being as whiny as New Orleans fans. Honestly, how whiny are Pats fans even? They have been to half of the Super Bowls in the last 18 years. Won 6. They win so much, they don't have time to be whiny. Boston fans aren't really whiny, just annoying. Dallas fans can be annoying, too.

But no fanbase is as whiny as the Saints. And their players and coach as well. They ignore everything on the field that went on and just fixate on one single no call and whine and bitch for months. Fuck em.

6 minutes ago, Hate said:

The problem is refs are getting worse and 15-30 cameras a game show us how bad they really are. And gooddell and owners are too greedy to fix the fucking issue. 

2 hours ago, Shaddie said:

WTF are you saying. Did Rudolph gain a measurable advantage doing the push off? Even a damn brain dead idiot can see the defenders momentum gets completely stopped by the push. 

There was clear defensive pass interference BEFORE Rudolf pushed off. The DB was overmatched in size and he knew it and was desperately trying to do anything he could to stop the completion. It was a good no-call

3 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

The problem is refs are getting worse and 15-30 cameras a game show us how bad they really are. And gooddell and owners are too greedy to fix the fucking issue. 

I agree with the comment regarding 15-30 high def cameras, but the reality is that football is a contact sport and guys lock up all the time. If refs called every PI or every hold that occurred on the field the game would be unwatchable. That leads to a series of judgement calls by refs on athletes that are moving fast as fuck. Refs arent getting worse, they are now getting reviewed in super slo-mo with high def cameras from 5 different angles. Fans see what they want to see (look at this thread as an example). 

2 hours ago, Horn80 said:

Two years in a row for Saints getting fucked.  Brutal.

Yeah it really sucks that Drew Brees fucked them two years in a row. You’d think a hall of fame qb would be able to outplay Kirk Cousins and Jared Goff when it matters most, but he just didn’t. Two years in a row, man.

Theres a saying in MMA. Leave no doubt, and finish your opponent. Don’t leave it to the judges or you might not like the outcome. The saints were better than the Vikings all season and they played them at home in front of a crazy crowd. How about make the plays that you need to make and be the better team at home. They weren’t. The Vikings were better today and deserved to win. No doubt. And last year the saints flat out choked after that infamous PI. He’ll, they even got the ball to start OT.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Yeah no one comes close to being as whiny as New Orleans fans. Honestly, how whiny are Pats fans even? They have been to half of the Super Bowls in the last 18 years. Won 6. They win so much, they don't have time to be whiny. Boston fans aren't really whiny, just annoying. Dallas fans can be annoying, too.
But no fanbase is as whiny as the Saints. And their players and coach as well. They ignore everything on the field that went on and just fixate on one single no call and whine and bitch for months. Fuck em.
Plus they head hunt other qbs and try to injure them intentionally so it increases their chances at winning.

They also employed shitbag Greg Williams. It doesnt get any lower than that

14 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I agree with the comment regarding 15-30 high def cameras, but the reality is that football is a contact sport and guys lock up all the time. If refs called every PI or every hold that occurred on the field the game would be unwatchable. That leads to a series of judgement calls by refs on athletes that are moving fast as fuck. 

Yes they are. Reason is there is 0 training for these dumb fucks during the year. I think they go to some “classes” for a couple of weeks before the season and have almost 0 accountability for when they fuck up. Sign me for a part time job I can make 75-100k a year. This is owners fault. But now these dumb asses are scared to make a call. Remember a few years ago when they went on strike?  They won. Now they just don’t give a fuck except for saving the check. 

Yes they are. Reason is there is 0 training for these dumb fucks during the year. I think they go to some “classes” for a couple of weeks before the season and have almost 0 accountability for when they fuck up. Sign me for a part time job I can make 75-100k a year. This is owners fault. But now these dumb asses are scared to make a call. Remember a few years ago when they went on strike?  They won. Now they just don’t give a fuck except for saving the check. 
I remember hearing on tv during a game about a month into the season what the challenged PI overturn rate was. It was low..like 1 out of every 10 challenged PIs were overturned. The refs arent going to be wrong, thats for sure.

Itd be interesting to see what this PI looks like side by side vs OPIs called and not called throughout this year

39 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Yeah it really sucks that Drew Brees fucked them two years in a row. You’d think a hall of fame qb would be able to outplay Kirk Cousins and Jared Goff when it matters most, but he just didn’t. Two years in a row, man.

Theres a saying in MMA. Leave no doubt, and finish your opponent. Don’t leave it to the judges or you might not like the outcome. The saints were better than the Vikings all season and they played them at home in front of a crazy crowd. How about make the plays that you need to make and be the better team at home. They weren’t. The Vikings were better today and deserved to win. No doubt. And last year the saints flat out choked after that infamous PI. He’ll, they even got the ball to start OT.

Well I guess Minnesota should have done better so game wasn’t in question. 

Stupid fucking argument is stupid fucking argument. 

12 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Well I guess Minnesota should have done better so game wasn’t in question. 

Stupid fucking argument is stupid fucking argument. 

I mean the saints are clearly the better team. They were better all season and they had a home playoff game. If the saints played anywhere close to how they’ve played all year, they would’ve won this game lol. Ask drew Brees why the saints lost. I bet you his answer isn’t “the refs fucked us”. More along the lines of “we played like shit today, and by we, I mean me.” The saints left so many plays on the field, and fucked up so many times in critical situations. Hell, the Vikings tried as hard as they could to give away the game after they’d played better than the saints all game. But there are about 8 or 9 reasons you could point to as the reason they lost that game before a Kyle Rudolph “push off” that maybe gets called 20% of the time. The number one reason the saints lost was Kirk cousins outplayed drew Brees. That’s an irrefutable fact that saints fans have a hard time accepting, because the exact same thing happened last year with Jared Goff vs Drew Brees

Edited by youdunnf'dup

10 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Guess you missed the 40 yards field position taken away by another bad call. No reasonable person is saying they lost because of the refs. Saying MN won cause of bad calls. 

Show me 1 td or 40 yds of field position MN lost cause of bad calls. 

What play are we talking about? I watched that entire game from an unbiased perspective (i even hey the saints to cover the spread) and i have no idea what play you’re talking about. 

My point is, the saints were the hot NFC team going into the playoffs and the Vikings were reeling a little bit. This really shouldn’t have been a close game. Not at home against cousins, with the way the Vikings d has been playing lately. But the saints just played like shit.

You could tell early on. Wow, this isn’t playing like I thought it would at all. The saints offense looks like shit and the Vikings d isn’t exactly good. This is surprising.

That has nothing to do with the refs. That’s just not showing up ready to play an inferior opponent in the biggest game of the season. That’s not on the refs. That’s on the saints. Deep down, those players know it wasn’t a few bad calls that lost them the game. They know they got outplayed from start to finish. Blaming the refs is a weak cop out. Just like it was last year 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

What play are we talking about? I watched that entire game from an unbiased perspective (i even hey the saints to cover the spread) and i have no idea what play you’re talking about. 

My point is, the saints were the hot NFC team going into the playoffs and the Vikings were reeling a little bit. This really shouldn’t have been a close game. Not at home against cousins, with the way the Vikings d has been playing lately. But the saints just played like shit.

You could tell early on. Wow, this isn’t playing like I thought it would at all. The saints offense looks like shit and the Vikings d isn’t exactly good. This is surprising.

That has nothing to do with the refs. That’s just not showing up ready to play an inferior opponent in the biggest game of the season. That’s not on the refs. That’s on the saints. Deep down, those players know it wasn’t a few bad calls that lost them the game. They know they got outplayed from start to finish. 

You really thought the blindside block call on the 40-50 yard return was good?  The guy looked right at him before turning his shoulder. That’s what got me pissed at MNLonghorn for cheering a totally shit call. 

52 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

you want that part time job? Start spending your free time reffing junior high, then high school, and if you're good enough, junior college/small school college, then major college and then if you're one of the best the NFL. Now remember this is your free time because you're also feeding your family full time. Bet you're not interested anymore. 

Just now, hookem48 said:

you want that part time job? Start spending your free time reffing junior high, then high school, and if you're good enough, junior college/small school college, then major college and then if you're one of the best the NFL. Now remember this is your free time because you're also feeding your family full time. Bet you're not interested anymore. 

What?  Yeah I want that job for their pay. I am not talking about lower ranks. I am talking about crappy NFL guy’s getting paid good money for a part time job that the NFL should make a full time and have accountability. 

Serious question cause you are obviously a ref?  Do you think full time would make you a better ref?