Vikings @ Saints: Wild Card Weekend

Vic Mackey

39 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

You really thought the blindside block call on the 40-50 yard return was good?  The guy looked right at him before turning his shoulder. That’s what got me pissed at MNLonghorn for cheering a totally shit call. 

If you’re talking about the block on the 15 yard punt return that happened in the 3rd quarter, I didn’t really have a problem with it. If anything, it was just stupid and unnecessary. I think you’re making that play a much bigger deal than really was.

You know what was worse. Brees throwing a ball into triple coverage, it getting intercepted, and the saints d letting the Vikings go straight down the field on the ensuing drive to score the go ahead td right before halftime. And THEN on top of that, automatic Lutz misses the 43 yard fg right as time expires going into halftime. That series of events was basically the game. You could make a strong case that it was decided in that two minutes right before half. But the saints did a lot of shit in the 2nd half to blow the game, and the Vikings tried to give it away, so you can’t even say that. Again, point is, this game wasn’t decided because of the refs. Was it a questionable no call, sure. If they called it, it would’ve been hard to argue. But it’s literally one call (or if you want to include the block in the back on the 15 yard punt return, it was two calls). Refs fuck up all the time. Neither situation was so egregious that it takes away from how poorly the saints played today against an inferior opponent.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

If you’re talking about the block on the 15 yard punt return that happened in the 3rd quarter, I didn’t really have a problem with it. If anything, it was just stupid and unnecessary. I think you’re making that play a much bigger deal than really was.

You know what was worse. Brees throwing a ball into triple coverage, it gettint intercepted, and the saints d letting the Vikings go straight down the field on the ensuing drive to score the go ahead td right before halftime. And THEN on top of that, automatic Lutz misses the 43 yard fg right as time expires going into halftime. That series of events was basically the game. You could make a strong case that it was decided in that two minutes right before half. But the saints did a lot of shit in the 2nd half to blow the game, and the Vikings tried to give it away, so you can’t even say that. Again, point is, this game wasn’t decided because of the refs. Was it a questionable no call, sure. If they called it, it would’ve been hard to argue. But it’s literally one call (or if you want to include the block in the back on the 15 yard punt return, it was two calls). Refs fuck up all the time. Neither situation was so egregious that it takes away from how poorly the saints played today against an inferior opponent.

Ok. 35 yds https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespun.com/nfl/saints-vikings-blindside-block-jt-gray-controversial-call-playoffs-drew-brees/amp%3ffbclid=IwAR23ApjyWZODQikx46MKrwFqcxyg1gK4pgv0as9SvT83SDz4y-X2zE25MNM

But shit, what’s 35 yds among friends in a close game. 

Can someone explain what “blind” means. NFL has me confused on definition. 🤔

Edited by Shaddie

49 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

You really thought the blindside block call on the 40-50 yard return was good?  The guy looked right at him before turning his shoulder. That’s what got me pissed at MNLonghorn for cheering a totally shit call. 

I had no idea you could crack a guy like that before the returner even has the ball. when hes returning it? sure. 

If we're going off of shitty missed no calls, lets make up a short list for MN

The phantom holding call against Thielen that negated a 1st down run(his hands were in the fucking air)

the missed false start by MIN that led to a fumble on the opening drive that gave NO free points. play should've never happened

Rudolph was also DPI'd with in the second half on crucial 3rd down.  

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I had no idea you could crack a guy like that before the returner even has the ball. when hes returning it? sure. 

If we're going off of shitty missed no calls, lets make up a short list for MN

The phantom holding call against Thielen that negated a 1st down run(his hands were in the fucking air)

the missed false start by MIN that led to a fumble on the opening drive that gave NO free points. play should've never happened

Rudolph was also DPI'd with in the second half on crucial 3rd down.  

Godamn you are a bitch. Just admit MN got the calls at crucial times and NO didn’t. I have already said I am not a fan of NO. 
Dez had a catch and I am still pissed about that. 
just fucking admit you were lucky. 

11 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Godamn you are a bitch. Just admit MN got the calls at crucial times and NO didn’t. I have already said I am not a fan of NO. 

Dalvin cook had more yards in the first half than any rb had against the saints all season for an entire game (if I’m not mistaken). The Vikings got some calls today. That is not why the saints lost. Lol wtf are we even talking about. Taysom hill is probably the only saints player that played as good or better than he was expected to play all game. Stop making the calls a bigger deal than they actually were. Especially the last play. There was hand fighting on both sides. Even Sean Payton made it seem like it wasn’t that big a deal because he knew why they lost that game.

signed,

a dude who lost money on this game because he expected the saints to play like they’ve played all year.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

And regardless of how you feel about the game, I’m sorry, but this is pretty fucking cool. Cousins has gotten a lot of shit, and most of it has been deserved for most of his career. But he stepped the fuck up, outplayed the hall of fame qb on the other side of the field, and made huge plays in the biggest game of his life. I’m happy for him. He’s kinda corny, but he seems like a good dude.

Showing your true colors? Here i thought we were having a cordial conversation about something we didn't see exactly eye to eye. Then you call me a bitch for no reason.

I said 5 times now he pushed off. I also thought there was a ton of hand fighting by the much smaller defender that couldn't cover Rudolph 1 on 1. If it was called OPI...i probably would be depressed but definitely wouldve seen why they did it. Maybe week 2 in a game between jets/dolphins they change it and nobody cares. Wild card weekend with everybody watching...i tend to believe its best they let the players play. Its what we all pine for.

1 hour ago, Shaddie said:

Ok. 35 yds https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespun.com/nfl/saints-vikings-blindside-block-jt-gray-controversial-call-playoffs-drew-brees/amp%3ffbclid=IwAR23ApjyWZODQikx46MKrwFqcxyg1gK4pgv0as9SvT83SDz4y-X2zE25MNM

But shit, what’s 35 yds among friends in a close game. 

Can someone explain what “blind” means. NFL has me confused on definition. 🤔

Don't know if that was truly a blindside block, although the NFL rules (Rule 12, section 2, article 9) make clear that blindside can include approaching from the side.  However, the Saints player does lead with the crown of his helmet and initiates contact with the opponent (Kris Boyd, in this instance), which would be a personal foul under Rule 12, section 2, article 8(g).  So I don't think it's a great idea to argue that this was a call that screwed the Saints.  

Edited by Carl Spackler

33 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Don't know if that was truly a blindside block, although the NFL rules (Rule 12, section 2, article 9) make clear that blindside can include approaching from the side.  However, the Saints player does lead with the crown of his helmet and initiates contact with the opponent (Kris Boyd, in this instance), which would be a personal foul under Rule 12, section 2, article 8(g).  So I don't think it's a great idea to argue that this was a call that screwed the Saints.  

That was more of what I was getting at when I said it was stupid and unnecessary. The nfl is trying to eliminate shit like that, and it just didn’t need to happen. Whether you want to call it a blind side block, or unnecessary roughness, something probably should’ve been called. Basically, it’s a non starter. Not to mention it happened with 8 minutes in the fucking 3rd quarter.