Vikings @ Saints: Wild Card Weekend

Vic Mackey

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Better than this week.

Brees was strangely ineffective today -- not his usual self.  Some credit should obviously go to Zimmer and the Minnesota defense, but Brees just didn't seem himself as well.

Agree.  I really didn’t think this came would be close.  

4 minutes ago, Pasken said:

As my late Dad (fuck cancer!) used to say... when you are part of the numerator you don't give a shit how big the denominator is. And no, I'm not a Saints fan.  The tweet entirely misses the point, being that there are many of the OT games where the loser of the coin toss doesn't even get a shot.  It doesn't matter how often it happens.  The point is that it happens.  And it's dumb.

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Yep. Drew played his worst game of the season by far, missed a fg, poor clock mgmt, couldn’t run the ball. Didn’t deserve it at all. 

All true, though that missed FG should have never happened.  What Zimmer was thinking kicking deep to a fucking Pro Bowl returner with 23 seconds left in the half is beyond me.  

9 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

As my late Dad (fuck cancer!) used to say... when you are part of the numerator you don't give a shit how big the denominator is. And no, I'm not a Saints fan.  The tweet entirely misses the point, being that there are many of the OT games where the loser of the coin toss doesn't even get a shot.  It doesn't matter how often it happens.  The point is that it happens.  And it's dumb.

Maybe play some defense?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Name 1 fucking billion $ industry that is controlled by part time old men that on avg too old to keep up. 

Name 1 fucking billion $ industry that isn't controlled by part time old men that on avg too old to keep up.

Brees played like ass in part due to great defense, but he missed some easy shit too.  Dipshit playcalling too.

As a Longhorn, Saints, and Cowboys fan, fuck ou, fuck atlanta, fuck jerry jones.  tl, dr; fuck football.

29 minutes ago, Hate said:

I’m glad they are gone too, but even the Patriot fans aren’t as whiny as Saints fans. So far I am 3-0 on teams I’ve wanted to win.

I know who ya meant.

I think I'm the only non-Patriots fan who doesn't just fucking hate them.  LOL.

I never thought of the Saints fan as that whiny, unless one considers how last year ended, and they were justified AF on that gripe.

Minnesota fan has had their hearts straight ripped out of their chests on multiple occasions.  

5 minutes ago, CDAK said:

If you called OPI on the jump ball to Rudolph, you’d have to call OPI on a ridiculously high percentage of plays. 

Defender also held him before to try and keep his hands down. It went both ways. Rudolph was trying to free himself of that.

• Like 1

Just now, Iceman said:

I know who ya meant.

I think I'm the only non-Patriots fan who doesn't just fucking hate them.  LOL.

I never thought of the Saints fan as that whiny, unless one considers how last year ended, and they were justified AF on that gripe.

Minnesota fan has had their hearts straight ripped out of their chests on multiple occasions.  

I don't hate the Pats at all. I enjoyed them putting on a clinic in the playoffs in their dynasty. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That would have been a charmin soft PI call. Any objective person with a brain should agree.

If you want to win at home, don't get taken to OT and don't give up a 40 yard bomb to the goal line. 

Especially by the NFC's version of the Buffalo Bills quarterbacked by Kirk Cousins.  That is obscenely close to losing a playoff game at home to a team quarterbacked by Tim Tebow.

56 minutes ago, Hate said:

I’m glad they are gone too, but even the Patriot fans aren’t as whiny as Saints fans. So far I am 3-0 on teams I’ve wanted to win.

Eh, I'm not so sure about that. There is a difference though.  The Patriots fan whininess comes from a sense of entitlement.  The Saints fan whininess comes from having your heart torn out of your chest and the last image you see is the person who pulled it out taking a bite out of it.

By the way, the pass was a touch underthrown.  If the defender turns his head around to look for the ball he would have had an opportunity to either intercept it or knock it away push off or no push off.

10 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I wonder how much money I would have made if I had layed a $100 down in Vegas last August that within 24 hours of each other teams quarterbacked by Ryan Tannehill and Kirk Cousins would knock teams quarterbacked by Tom Brady and Drew Brees out of the playoffs?

I'd think at least 1,000 to 1. 

1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

How was that not a push off?

It was, but it was the kind of push off that gets called in Pop Warner leagues, not in OT of the playoffs in the NFL.  Rudolph would have had to shove the Saints DB into a concession stand in the third deck of the Superdome to reach that level.

The Refs didn’t make Brees hurry up a bomb into double coverage to Ginn with 2:30 left in the second quarter that never should have been thrown. The Refs didn’t make Brees try to make a play on that fumble instead of eating the ball and taking the sack. The Refs didn’t force Brees to stare down Michael Thomas in double coverage for 3 quarters before starting to spreading the ball around.  The Refs didn’t force Payton to abandon the run. 

Im a known Chap Homer and huge Saints fan,  but this is entirely on New Orleans.  

Edited by Bateshorn

16 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

that wasn't OPI at all. his arms were being grabbed by the defender before he even put his hand on him to "push off"

WTF are you saying. Did Rudolph gain a measurable advantage doing the push off? Even a damn brain dead idiot can see the defenders momentum gets completely stopped by the push. 

• Like 1

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

A brain dead idiot can see 26 has both hands on Rudolph before there was a push off. 

So every pass play in the history of the game is now PI now?  Cmon man I hope you have at least played some football and can recognize shit. 

Just now, Shaddie said:

So every pass play in the history of the game is now PI now?  Cmon man I hope you have at least played some football and can recognize shit. 

Just like theres a fucking holding call on every play in nfl history. Are you a saints fan? if this was between Seattle/Philly would you be saying the refs cant put their mark on their game like this?

a 1 armed push off with his fucking wrist should never justify a fucking OPI in the playoff OT. dont be a bitch. 2 arms full extension shove? sure.

• Like 3