Pass Interference Reviews

BurntOrange&White

Just now, Bevo VIII said:

Let’s discuss this new rule and how bullshit the reviews have been.

The biggest one I saw all year personally was Hopkins in the Texans vs Ravens.

What’s the point of the challenge if they stick to call on the field?

Because Roger Goddell?  

I’m pretty sure this is the refs and the ref’s union making a statement. If they let’s these call be overturned then eventually all calls will be fair game and then they won’t have a job.

There is no putting the rabbit back in the hat however, not with all the HD camera angles we have every game. Every call is under review whether in the actual ply of the game or not. The refs would be better of making piece with this, acknowledging bad calls, rewarding accuracy do whatever it takes to have calls be as accurate as possible. But, alas, they won’t.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fico said:

I’m pretty sure this is the refs and the ref’s union making a statement. If they let’s these call be overturned then eventually all calls will be fair game and then they won’t have a job.

There is no putting the rabbit back in the hat however, not with all the HD camera angles we have every game. Every call is under review whether in the actual ply of the game or not. The refs would be better of making piece with this, acknowledging bad calls, rewarding accuracy do whatever it takes to have calls be as accurate as possible. But, alas, they won’t.

Or take all the refs off the field and have them sit on front of a monitor.  

• Like 1

I can't vouch for the journalistic integrity of Pro Sport Sextra, but they seem right on about this:

https://prosportsextra.com/pat-mcafee-is-absolutely-correct-alberto-riveron-the-guy-who-wont-go-against-refs-original-calls-on-the-field-should-be-suspended-alberto-riveron-is-an-ass-clown-he-should-be-suspended-fo/

vid clips at link

Spoiler

Pat McAfee Is Absolutely Correct! Alberto Riveron (THE GUY WHO WON’T GO AGAINST REF’S ORIGINAL CALL’S ON THE FIELD) Should Be Suspended: “Alberto Riveron Is An Ass Clown. He Should Be Suspended For The Remainder Of The Season Just Like Vontaze Burfict” @PatMcAfeeShow

ByTrevStone

Posted on October 2, 2019

Alberto Riveron is the “head of officiating” and quite frankly no one likes him. He’s someone who shouldn’t be deciding anything. He’s an old style referee, he won’t adapt to the new rules. He won’t use the new technology and it’s absolutely ridiculous. 

He get’s paid millions to watch every single football game and when a coach challenges a flag he has the main say. Yup, he’s the guy who everyone is complaining about because he refuses to go against referees.

And it makes absolutely no sense, who cares… We all know humans make mistakes… We have the technology to make the game better for everyone! 

On Pat McAfee’s show, Pat absolutely roasted and destroyed Riveron:  

I’d guess 10 times McAfee said that Riveron should be suspended just like Vontaze Burfict was. The NFL has an opportunity to fix what’s wrong with the league, yet they continue to fail us all.

I love this! It’s absolutely true. Fix this league Goodell!

Bring in someone young, bring in younger referees also because these old guys can’t make it up and down the field and can’t open there eyes. 

Hell can I get a #McAfeeForHeadOfOfficiating?