Rats/Mice No Play the Game

Dbeasy

10 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

Hopefully it was with fiber cement or metal.

I can haz pic for purposes of shitting on your post?

I don't understand your question? It was wood and something else that was chewed through and replaced with hardie board then some sort of siding

• 3 weeks later...

Rat bastards # 5 & 6, both caught within the same 12 hour time span.

Resetting to the exact same spot.

This has been my more lucrative capturing location as the pantry was a frequent destination for the little shits. Having these sticky setups directly @ the bottom of the door seems to be the right trick.

My mom had all sorts of nibbled food items in here - packets of oatmeal, box of minute rice, bags of flour & sugar, dog & cat food, etc. & all had been chewed into. It was like a Hantavirus restaurant.

I cleaned every shelf & the floor with both a Clorox & an ammonia wipe but apparently that wasn't enough to throw them off the trail.

Here it is @ noon as I post this; will be back in 5 hours & see if someone else came out during the day.01a466ba0809b172cfe7380d9d0783ba.jpg42c0003d94ffa2be0beb1174c163d9c2.jpgf3ace557565b1bf9b42f558371b41ac9.jpg0ade9fcadcd280e12478934680ee0796.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ROFL BOX said:

26 Feb 20206291242b2ada1c44338eda1566d363b4.jpg

This set of stickies was all across the doorway, so I guess it had wiggled to this location while trying to get free.

Fuck 'em.

My only regerts is I couldn't un-stick it & feed one to a hungry snek.

You need to set up bait stations outside.

If you catch 1 there are 5.  So your mom has an infestation going on.

Rat bastards # 5 & 6, both caught within the same 12 hour time span.

Resetting to the exact same spot.

This has been my more lucrative capturing location as the pantry was a frequent destination for the little shits. Having these sticky setups directly @ the bottom of the door seems to be the right trick.

My mom had all sorts of nibbled food items in here - packets of oatmeal, box of minute rice, bags of flour & sugar, dog & cat food, etc. & all had been chewed into. It was like a Hantavirus restaurant.

I cleaned every shelf & the floor with both a Clorox & an ammonia wipe but apparently that wasn't enough to throw them off the trail.

Here it is @ noon as I post this; will be back in 5 hours & see if someone else came out during the day.01a466ba0809b172cfe7380d9d0783ba.jpg42c0003d94ffa2be0beb1174c163d9c2.jpgf3ace557565b1bf9b42f558371b41ac9.jpg0ade9fcadcd280e12478934680ee0796.jpg

Can’t tell from your post, but don’t use Clorox and ammonia wipes together or while the surface is still wet from the first wipe. Hopefully everyone knows about not mixing clorox and ammonia.
  • Like 1

Can’t tell from your post, but don’t use Clorox and ammonia wipes together or while the surface is still wet from the first wipe. Hopefully everyone knows about not mixing clorox and ammonia.
This was not within even 20 minutes of each application, no.

As to the "set traps outside", we're on acreage - it is not my desire to trap thousands of acres of meeses.

Will report back tomorrow as to whether we nabbed more or not.

I saw a youtube video of a guy who swears by mixing a 1:1 ratio of plaster of paris and flour together and setting it out.  He said a couple of days after doing this the rats quit eating the stuff and he hasn't seen signs of any more.  Has anyone done this?  Results?  I live in a wooded area and get them in the attic, too.  I have sealed holes in the fascia where they ate through but they still get in.  I need something with less work than a baited trap.

our last home neighbored a large field.  once we caught sight of a mouse and the wife absolutely freaked out.  we set all sorts of traps everywhere, but it turns out, the single entry point was under the sink. 

plugged a motion-sensing IP cam underneath there and it was satisfying to get an alert on my phone with a vid clip of the little fuckers crawling out, taking the cheese bait, and having their necks snapped.

we had to put multiple traps underneath there.  after about 5 days and a body count of maybe 15 ?  we never found another. 

we never plugged the route - they were simply eradicated

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Been awhile... no signs of droppings & nothing eaten that I could find. I wonder where #9 had been living.

All traps but 1 had been left in place (that single got stuck to the Doberman's foot & it was under a cabinet kick plate edge).

Didn't replace it after that sticky situation.

This fucker was still breathing when we found it. No ragrets as I dropped it into the garbage outside.

9375d89cf9f098aa737f6a10cd766b0e.jpg

https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5ed972217aadd/20200602_211710.mp4

Can we talk about bats in here? I have one flying around my place and got it locked in the spare bedroom. Not sure what to do next. They say on the WWW to open a window and it will fly out but I would prefer to know if it's gone. Dead or otherwise. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Can we talk about bats in here? I have one flying around my place and got it locked in the spare bedroom. Not sure what to do next. They say on the WWW to open a window and it will fly out but I would prefer to know if it's gone. Dead or otherwise. 
I'm thinking these the folks you need to ask:

http://www.batcon.org/

• 2 weeks later...
the Youtube guy is Shawn Woods, a really creepy looking guy, but has practical videos. He says everything is the "best ever trap" so be careful.  The best is the bucket and trap plank where they drown.
Here is a clever one from 500 years ago

That dude's mice are a lot stupider than mine.
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Our neighbors are building a house on a vacant acre lot next to me and all of a sudden we have crazy mouse problems. I’ve easily killed 15 with snap traps in the last 8 weeks and my wife just found shit in the pantry again.  

Came here and HOLY SHIT I NEED A MINK. That little thing is a complete terror.  Checking Craigslist now and ordering that nutter’s 148 page minkery book.  

On 6/7/2020 at 12:27 PM, BBQ2Bayou said:

Is there a tennis player in the household?

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

Is there a tennis player in the household?

I borrowed a racquetball racquet from a buddy who gets bats and told me those work better with the shorter handle. I was all ready, then I found it under my backpack by the front door. I had locked it in a back bedroom, I thought, so maybe this is a different one. Haven't seen another one though. 

IMG-20200612-150646.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Doing some cleanup on my "hay shed" (which hadn't had any alfalfa or horse quality in it for prob. 3½ years now) & this roll of sheet goods was in the front corner with an upside down "3-in-1 poly-boot" on top.

Moved without of the way & found skeletal remains.

I also had a couple of bird's nests in there as well, one on top of a push broom that was standing bristles up against the interior wall.001b11d5d4a09e681ebef1c638fb0f4c.jpga3674d333012a435b210982a8b4e2a3a.jpg27a7f0855b885397549fbbd903fc17e2.jpg1786c9c98ae81bda010e7c8a59f584f6.jpg5a357875f3b07e80532f3a9e37ff4597.jpg

8 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

@gsoda3, sticky traps.  Get the sticky traps & place along the wall.  Best results ever.  & To dispose of, use a grocery bag as a sorta glove, then grab & throw in the garbage.

yeah i've been using stick traps and shooting them in the head when they get stuck.  the one i can't get is either used to the scent and has kept skirting around them or he's smarter than the average mouse (he's been avoiding them for a month).  

i set up a bucket drop trap last night but haven't checked it yet.  might get one one of those electric zappers.  

I don't bother completing the kill immediately; when wrapped up in the clear film bags (i.e. from produce) & tied down, then tossed into a hot garbage can, I tell myself their suffocation essentially is a reasonably fast death without any pain.