Albuquerque recs?

Saint Austin

3 hours ago, HouTex said:

Mary & Tito’s, Sadie’s and El Pinto. Pretty classic New Mexican Mex. The green chile enchiladas at Sadie’s can be extremely spicy-hot. Some Texas people don’t like it though. For upscale dining go to Santa Fe.

This right here.  If you're in a hurry, get a green chile burrito from any Blake's for breakfast.   

• 2 years later...

Had Sadie's last night and it was fucking great. Red chile sauce on 2 brisket enchiladas with their unique beans and papas.  Great meal.

Then played for an hour at Sandia and won $120 on craps.

Today- breakfast at Weck's.  Cannot recommend highly enough.my plate was papas on bottom of plate, with country gravy, sausage and bacon( chunks) topped with scrambled eggs and bowl of red chile sauce.  My gawd, it was glorious.

Then went to Old Town and toured some galleries and trinket shops. Beautiful pottery and jewelry, but OMFG some of the pricing...

Went to Casa Rondena Winery, which was badass and I don't even drink wine( had a Marble Cholo stout,) but it was very beautiful and scenic.

Went to La Cumbre Breweries and had a Dopplebock and Siberian Silk Porter.  Damn, they were so good.

Going to Restoration Pizza tonight with hopefully leftovers for the game in the morning.

Have never been to Albuquerque before, save for a pitstop or 8 on SWA.  It has been a fun trip.

• 1 year later...

Our family is meeting in Santa Fe for Christmas this year so my wife and I are flying into Albuquerque early one morning. Has anybody used the RailRunner transit system to get back and forth between the cities? We don't plan to do much away from the city center at either place and there will be a couple of rental cars from other family members if we do. My only concern is dragging our luggage around after we leave the airport until we can board the train to Santa Fe. Does anybody know if they have lockers at the depots? I could probably hire a bum to watch them.

7 hours ago, Shoxthemonkey said:

Our family is meeting in Santa Fe for Christmas this year so my wife and I are flying into Albuquerque early one morning. Has anybody used the RailRunner transit system to get back and forth between the cities? We don't plan to do much away from the city center at either place and there will be a couple of rental cars from other family members if we do. My only concern is dragging our luggage around after we leave the airport until we can board the train to Santa Fe. Does anybody know if they have lockers at the depots? I could probably hire a bum to watch them.

I know Santa Fe's rail depot doesn't have lockers for luggage. I don't know about abq but I kinda doubt it given the crime and vandalism problems downtown. RailRunner itself is fine -- the ride is scenic and uneventful once you get out of ABQ city limits -- however lots of stops including even the express, and they're not exactly frequent. There's a few hotels near ABQ's rail depot (which is near the convention center) you might try calling and asking them if they offer a rate for storage for non-guests. If you're staying at an ABQ or SF hotel it's possible one of their partner hotels are near the ABQ rail depot and it's possible that may make them more amenable to a day check for your luggage.

Seems like getting a car rental would be a big time saver and be a lot more convenient. Since you're flying in early you could put that rental to immediate good use and get breakfast at Vic's Daily Café.

• Like 1