Mike McCarthy is a fat fucking retard

blacklab

Jerry Jones being alive guarantees no cowboys playoff success. 

I'll defer to Sturm on this issue as if there's another person alive who has watched every minute of McCarthy's run in GB and analyzed virtually every second of it on tape I don't about them. He said McCarthy got stale in GB because he refused to adapt to analytics and clashed with Rodgers a ton. McCarthy throws the ball like crazy and pass to run ratio will be very heavy pass most likely. Is a solid coach who resurrected Favre's career after Favre's 29 interception season of 2005. 

McCarthy has been going on and on about how he's re-evaluated himself and now wants to embrace analytics and set up a whole 14 person analytics team to report to him. Is it real or is it lip service because he got a bad reputation as a football dinosaur and desperately needed to rehab his image for another job? We'll find out. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Jerry Jones being alive guarantees no cowboys playoff success. 

I'll defer to Sturm on this issue as if there's another person alive who has watched every minute of McCarthy's run in GB and analyzed virtually every second of it on tape I don't about them. He said McCarthy got stale in GB because he refused to adapt to analytics and clashed with Rodgers a ton. McCarthy throws the ball like crazy and pass to run ratio will be very heavy pass most likely. Is a solid coach who resurrected Favre's career after Favre's 29 interception season of 2005. 

McCarthy has been going on and on about how he's re-evaluated himself and now wants to embrace analytics and set up a whole 14 person analytics team to report to him. Is it real or is it lip service because he got a bad reputation as a football dinosaur and desperately needed to rehab his image for another job? We'll find out. 

56 year olds with 12+ seasons of NFL head coaching experience totally reinvent themselves all the time so this should go great!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, blacklab said:

There's another board that I frequent that is centered around gambling and is also full of pretty smart people.

What's the gambling site? Been looking for a good forum since the one I used to frequent went to shit. 

None of this is or should be a surprise. We have Jed Clampett and his crew crowded around the cement pond making the decisions. Stop being a fan. I’m really serious. Just stop. Once you do that, it’s liberating as hell. Jerry can no longer hurt you or make you feel bad. Eff the hillbillies. I just laugh now at their ineptitude.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

None of this is or should be a surprise. We have Jed Clampett and his crew crowded around the cement pond making the decisions. Stop being a fan. I’m really serious. Just stop. Once you do that, it’s liberating as hell. Jerry can no longer hurt you or make you feel bad. Eff the hillbillies. I just laugh now at their ineptitude.

This is fucking hilarious until you realize Jed was actually very competent, and if you imagine an episode where Jed ends up owning America's Team you know the episode ends with them winning the Super Bowl while Jerrah looks on.

• Like 1

Week 10, 2018 GB @ SEA. GB is 4-4-1 and McCarthy is firmly on the hot seat, coaching for his job.

4:20 and 1 TO remaining in the 4th, GB trailed 24-27. Following an incomplete pass on 3rd and 2 he decides to punt from his own 33.

By deciding to punt he is requiring his defense to get a stop to have a chance to win the game. They never got the ball back.

Had he decided to go for it and failed, a defensive stop would have still given his team a chance to win with a TD on the final possession. The punt cost GB 9.8% win probability (31% vs 21%). Following the loss he claimed he was "playing the numbers."

7 minutes ago, Deej said:

How does anyone even care, at this point? 

An apt question. I used to hate the Cowboys, but these days, I don't even see the point. It's like kicking a dwarf -- maybe there's still some small comedic value in laughing at the Cowboys, but it's hardly something to be commended.

• Like 1

Just now, Huckleberry said:

I would have to think that all 32 NFL teams at this point have a game theory assistant position who basically studies nothing but that shit above (punting and forfeiting 10% win probability) and has access to the head coach on gamedays, right? Right?

Most of them do but the coach may not listen.

Ron Rivera went from near the bottom on going for it on fourth to "Riverboat Ron" after the Panthers hired a game theory guy.

As an Eagles fan, I hoped Garrett would hold on a couple more decades, even though he somehow got them beating us head-to-head more often than not in recent years. Have to think McCarthy will improve things for Dallas at least in the near term.

But it's long been an organization populated by a handful of massive egos and superstars, always in the headlines, sometimes for swimming with models in Mexico, sometimes for beating the shit out of women or dealing/using drugs. And the stars who stay clean are given such hero worship that it's hard to imagine the Cowboys locker room ever really feeling like a unified team.

As a Texans fan, whenever I think of Bill O'Brien's future and potentially replacing him I think of Mike McCarthy. I'm not sure McCarthy was ever a good coach. At times he's probably been an above average coach. But he managed to coach for a franchise with a phenomenal winning culture and lucked into having one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time under center. I guess that was enough to stumblefuck into winning a superbowl. If BoB wins in Houston it will be 98% because of Deshaun. McCarthy winning in GB was at least 90% Rodgers.

I'm not saying Deshaun is that good. He probably isn't. And Cowboys fans are welcome to flame me when I say that I'm pretty convinced at this point that Dak isn't that good. This Cowboys team most likely needs a little bit more at the HC spot. Garrett to Fat Mike seems lateral. The elephant in the room is obviously still Jerry. The HC might not matter until Jerruh is six feet under. 

I'd like to see the Cowboys be good. I'm largely indifferent about their success but I don't hate on them like so many do. Living in Texas, especially Dallas, it's fun when they're good and potential contenders. Unfortunately with Fat Mike I sense more 9-7, ho hum first/second round exits. 

Those of you that stick with the Cowboys through thick and thin are better men than I am. 

• Like 2

The way I look at it, he's fat, Bill Parcells is fat, John Madden is fat, Andy Reid... I think theres a good chance MM can win because he's fat. But, and this is a big but, he now coaches the Cowboys, so he won't win. Fuck you Jerry

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

A few of you seem to be ok with the Mike McCarthy hiring. You are wrong. 
Might as well put a 100 pound fat suit on Garrett and ran him out there, because that's what were getting.
A coach that doesn't use the tools that he has, makes horrible in game decisions, and doesn't know the rules of the NFL.

Mike McCarthy is a fat fucking retard.

There's another board that I frequent that is centered around gambling and is also full of pretty smart people. Lots of people on the board gamble for a living. Some on sports, some on poker, some on other things. To differentiate Mike from the other coaches named Mike in the NFL they called him "Fat Mike". There is a thread on the forum that discusses stupid decisions from coaches. The thread title is occasionally changed to whichever coach has done something stupid lately, but Fat Mike has been in the title for most of the last few years. Lets look back at some of the highlights.

In 2013 the nfl rule was if you throw the challenge flag on a play that is automatically reviewed such as a turnover or penalty then the play won't be reviewed and it's a 15 yard penalty. Less than two weeks after Jim Schwartz does this Fat Mike throws his challenge flag on a James Jones catch that got called a fumble. Our good friend Jordy Nelson picks up the flag and hands it back to Fat Mike before the refs see it

giphy.gif

Managed to lose to Seattle in the playoffs through multiple stupid choices

http://sportswire.usatoday.com/2015/01/18/mike-mccarthy-at-fault-for-green-bay-packers-historic-collapse/

How does Aaron Rodgers feel about the play calling in that game? 

https://www.seahawks.com/video/aaron-rodgers-we-can-t-blame-anyone-but-ourselves-107181
skip to 1:33

Doesn't understand Causation and Correlation

When asked why he kept running the ball with no success even though he had Aaron Rodgers:
"one statistic I had... 20 (rushing) attempts... 20 attempts is what I felt would be an important statistic for us in the 2nd HALF"

So the dumb fat fuck thought since his running back got 20 carries in a lot of wins, if he got him 20 carries it leads to wins, not that he usually gets 20 carries in wins due to running a lot when up.

What do packer fans think?
https://totalpackers.com/2017/02/mike-mccarthys-five-worst-coaching-traits/

Fuck Jerry Jones, this hire pretty much guarantees a few more years of no playoff success

This is all fake news. 

McCarthy is the best coach in NFL history. He's won 8 Superbowls!

People are saying that every team in the league wanted to hire McCarthy. He could have had any job, any job, and it is a blessing from God that he chose Dallas.

9 minutes ago, Dewey said:

The way I look at it, he's fat, Bill Parcells is fat, John Madden is fat, Andy Reid... I think theres a good chance MM can win because he's fat. But, and this is a big but, he now coaches the Cowboys, so he won't win. Fuck you Jerry

They all do provide a decided bariatric advantage.