Mike McCarthy is a fat fucking retard

blacklab

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

I would have to think that all 32 NFL teams at this point have a game theory assistant position who basically studies nothing but that shit above (punting and forfeiting 10% win probability) and has access to the head coach on gamedays, right? Right?

No because 24 or so of the NFL franchises are run by moronic meat heads that luck into success against other moronic meat heads another four are run by moronic meat heads with good instincts and the remainder have intelligent people in control.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

meanwhile, this guy gets ready for the second round as de facto GM as well as chief bumbler of all things clock management related

spacer.png

spacer.png

BoB isn't terrible. He's a bumbling idiot at times like you say, but in general he's consistent and gets effort out of his players. Plus he has a budding superstar under center to make up for some of the bullshit. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

As a Texans fan, whenever I think of Bill O'Brien's future and potentially replacing him I think of Mike McCarthy. I'm not sure McCarthy was ever a good coach. At times he's probably been an above average coach. But he managed to coach for a franchise with a phenomenal winning culture and lucked into having one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time under center. I guess that was enough to stumblefuck into winning a superbowl. If BoB wins in Houston it will be 98% because of Deshaun. McCarthy winning in GB was at least 90% Rodgers.

I'm not saying Deshaun is that good. He probably isn't. And Cowboys fans are welcome to flame me when I say that I'm pretty convinced at this point that Dak isn't that good. This Cowboys team most likely needs a little bit more at the HC spot. Garrett to Fat Mike seems lateral. The elephant in the room is obviously still Jerry. The HC might not matter until Jerruh is six feet under. 

I'd like to see the Cowboys be good. I'm largely indifferent about their success but I don't hate on them like so many do. Living in Texas, especially Dallas, it's fun when they're good and potential contenders. Unfortunately with Fat Mike I sense more 9-7, ho hum first/second round exits. 

Those of you that stick with the Cowboys through thick and thin are better men than I am. 

When people say the Packers winning the Super Bowl was 90% Rodgers, how come he never made it back even one time? You can't have it both ways. Can't trash a coach for riding the coat tails of his QB and then tell me this QB is one of the best of all time. So why does Rodgers have the same SB appearances as Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Matt Hasselbeck, Cam Newton and the list goes on. Hell, Eli Manning has been and won twice.

Why is McCarthy trashed but Sean Payton praised to the high heavens? Both are exactly the same coaches. Down to the questionable playcalling and clock management issues.

And this is coming from someone who thinks this hire is very meh. But McCarthy was also able to resurrect Favre's career. He was absolute garbage and dead in the water before McCarthy got there. He threw 29 picks in 2005 or 2006. Something Winston gets trashed for. And he parlayed that resurrection into going to the Vikings and taking them one play away from the Super Bowl.

Also, people need to tap the brakes heavily on Rodgers and how much of a god he is. Same for Brees.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

When people say the Packers winning the Super Bowl was 90% Rodgers, how come he never made it back even one time? You can't have it both ways. Can't trash a coach for riding the coat tails of his QB and then tell me this QB is one of the best of all time. So why does Rodgers have the same SB appearances as Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Matt Hasselbeck, Cam Newton and the list goes on. Hell, Eli Manning has been and won twice.

Why is McCarthy trashed but Sean Payton praised to the high heavens? Both are exactly the same coaches. Down to the questionable playcalling and clock management issues.

And this is coming from someone who thinks this hire is very meh. But McCarthy was also able to resurrect Favre's career. He was absolute garbage and dead in the water before McCarthy got there. He threw 29 picks in 2005 or 2006. Something Winston gets trashed for. And he parlayed that resurrection into going to the Vikings and taking them one play away from the Super Bowl.

Also, people need to tap the brakes heavily on Rodgers and how much of a god he is. Same for Brees.

People who praise Sean Payton don't know what they are talking about. He and McCarthy have both underachieved in the same way, despite talented teams led by firsts ballot HOF quarterbacks.

Rodgers led them to a Superbowl but never returned because McCarthy ran the exact same shit over and over without change,  just like Garrett. Of course they always had the Cowboys' number because they were even more predictable.

Edited by DougO

1 hour ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

No because 24 or so of the NFL franchises are run by moronic meat heads that luck into success against other moronic meat heads another four are run by moronic meat heads with good instincts and the remainder have intelligent people in control.

You are of course correct. American sports are not created to care about winning, they are businesses first and foremost. 

55 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Thread title is blasphemous. Bret Bielema is the official fat fucking retard around here.

One could argue that the thread title actually solidifies Bielema as the official fat fucking retard. The position of official fat fucking retard is defined by the existence of additional, less qualified fat fucking retards. 

• Like 4

I wonder what the analytics were telling Doug Peterson on Sunday when he went for it twice on 4th down without making it when 2 FG's would have brought the Eagles to within one score at the end of the game.  I'm not a huge fan of the hire, but next year we will have someone else on the sideline other than Jason Garrett.  For the first time in a long time, there is some hope in Dallas.  Am I confident that MM can get it done?  No, but that's more a reflection of how I think the team is going to be constructed more than anything else.  The OL is getting older and has been a bit overrated, the defense has not been all that good, and we are going to be up against the cap after the new contracts for Cooper and Dak.  There are some glaring holes that need to be filled and there will be limited resources with which to fill them.  But at least I won't see the Ginger clapping on the sidelines next year.  That's worth something.

• Like 1

You're forgetting that Urban seemed to be openly campaigning for the job just a few weeks ago.

Fuck Urban Meyer. I’m glad he won’t be in Arlington coaching the Cowboys. He’s a couple of losses away from a “health” situation anyway. I’d rather he be in the sidelines in case UT loses 3 games again runs next year.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, DougO said:

People who praise Sean Payton don't know what they are talking about. He and McCarthy have both underachieved in the same way, despite talented teams led by firsts ballot HOF quarterbacks.

Rodgers led them to a Superbowl but never returned because McCarthy ran the exact same shit over and over without change,  just like Garrett. Of course they always had the Cowboys' number because they were even more predictable.

Underachieved how? How many coaches go to multiple Super Bowls? Yall act like that sort of thing is common. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Because it's the Cowboys and this is Surly.  We'd have gotten a similar thread from someone if the Cowboys had somehow hired Sean Payton.  Only with more Jerrah bashing (if that's even possible) because the Cowboys would have had to use a couple first round picks to get it done.

If Jon Gruden can get a HC job why shouldn't Fat Mike?

Logic! 

Little known fact: Jerruh bought Al Davis' cremated remains and they're stored in a small crypt under the star at the 50 yard line. Before a home game Jerruh has one of his minions go remove a small amount of the ashes and then they prepare a tonic for JJ. 

13 hours ago, Zavala said:

no good coaches want to work for Jones - they don't really have much to choose from unless they are actually going to back away from micromanaging everything about the team.

12 hours ago, C-Man said:

This is overblown bullshit IMO.

4 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

I disagree. 

What do you have to support your position? I have the fact that Dallas just hired an unemployed, retread, fat, fucking retard. 

The Cowboys just hired the best coach available with NFL head coaching experience.  If "no good coaches want to work for Jones" how does that happen?

Easy to sit back and bash this hire, but who else were they supposed to get but couldn't?  Who are all these better options that the Cowboys just couldn't get because nobody decent wants to work for Jerry?