CPA rec?

57 minutes ago, mchookem said:

have had luck with attorney and real estate referrals in this community 🙂... anybody recommend a CPA? not business, personal life changes this year. reply or DM...thanks!

Been using Teegardin & Assoc in Austin off 360 for about ten years for biz and personal, and been very happy with their work. Earlier this year they were purchased by another company, BKD, so they're now part of a larger network, but not huge. Worker bees and managing partners have stayed the same and I haven't seen any difference in service or fees.

• Like 1

Rudy Colmenero, CPA in Austin www.vk-c.com 

He's also a tax attorney, a Longhorn, very philanthropic, and I've trusted his advice on many levels for 25 years.  

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 7:09 PM, pearlandhorn said:

What’s the question? I’m a Cpa but I hate tax.

I have a question. My small business CPA quoted me $5k to do an S Corp election for my company (1 owner, 10 employees, roughly $1mm in annual revenue). Am I getting ripped off a lot or a little?

4 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

I have a question. My small business CPA quoted me $5k to do an S Corp election for my company (1 owner, 10 employees, roughly $1mm in annual revenue). Am I getting ripped off a lot or a little?

You’re getting ripped off a lot if he is just filing the 2553 for you. If there is consulting involved on making the decision, corporate document preparation, etc. it gets you closer but you’re still getting ripped off. The form is simple and can be filed from most legitimate tax programs.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brew said:

You’re getting ripped off a lot if he is just filing the 2553 for you. If there is consulting involved on making the decision, corporate document preparation, etc. it gets you closer but you’re still getting ripped off. The form is simple and can be filed from most legitimate tax programs.

Thanks. That's what I figured.