Cabrito Asado a la Parrilla

Spaulding Smails

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Looks great. You talk about carving out the tomahawks. I assume that you broke out the shoulders and hams same thing at that you break down a deer and then butchered the rib cage section. Something like that? 

Yeah.  Pretty much.  Same as a deer.  Only difference being it was broken down after it was cooked.  I worked on the shoulders and hams and kind of broke those down further into bite sized chunks.  My buddy carved up the ribs.  I didn't get a pic of the tray with the shoulder meat, but it looked a little like pulled pork.  

My old man brought back one of these asado "crosses" from his time in Argentina:

Gaucho-asado2-1024x683.jpg

I've had it in my garage for years, never used it.  I really don't have a spot in the yard where I could use it.  BUT...we're building a stone fire pit in the back yard soon.  Maybe I should make sure that it has a place where I could mount it.  Man, I love cabrito asado.

Good work, man.  Much rep to you.

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

My old man brought back one of these asado "crosses" from his time in Argentina:

Gaucho-asado2-1024x683.jpg

I've had it in my garage for years, never used it.  I really don't have a spot in the yard where I could use it.  BUT...we're building a stone fire pit in the back yard soon.  Maybe I should make sure that it has a place where I could mount it.  Man, I love cabrito asado.

Good work, man.  Much rep to you.

We damn near went this route.  My parrillero buddy had one already built with legs and whatnot.  When the guest list grew (except for @deadshank whose invite got lost in the mail, evidently) and we added the second cabrito and the chickens, I went with the parrilla style.  Just means I need to find another reason to try this alternative method.

Please do give it a spin once that fire pit is ready and report back on your pending cabrito iron cross success.