Matt Rhule to the Panthers

texifornia

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

So right now, is the Carolina job a better job than the "NY Football Giants"?

Surprised Rhule didn't meet with NY...

Agree, but thinking about it with the salary cap there aren't any advantages for a large market in the NFL.  Maybe attracting free agents, but again with the salary cap building through free agency is a recipe for disaster.  

9 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

honestly based on all I've seen and heard about the guy, the only thing  didn't like about him was that he was Baylor's coach and making them better. so i wish him well. and fuck baylor

If I remember correctly, he was an apologist for Joe Paterno and the entire Penn State complex during the Sandusky scandal. I'm sure it was a rock and a hard place thing for a lot of those guys, honestly. You've got personal devotions and loyalties and then you've got institutionalized child rape and cover-up that come out of nowhere and you're asked immediately what you believe and why you believe it. In hindsight, the first few months of that shit must have been brutal for everyone, but I'm sorry, if you're going to defend Paterno, you either have to walk it back later or you're in cahoots. I don't know, maybe he wasn't one of those guys, but I certainly thought he was.

I'll say this, I thought he would bust badly at Baylor. He didn't. He turned out to be a legitimately terrific coach who developed players within his program. I hope he finds success in the NFL and never returns to any school that Texas is playing. 

Now, what random coach does Baylor hire out of nowhere who then suddenly works miracles for that shithole? I'd like to see them go another run like they did with Chuck Reedy/Dave Roberts/Kevin Steele/Guy Morriss. Give me some more of that sweet action.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

So right now, is the Carolina job a better job than the "NY Football Giants"?

Surprised Rhule didn't meet with NY...

Giants are 31st in wins over the last 5 years. Only Cleveland is worse. They are a fucking mess. Carolina is at least competent. Plus, any time you don't have to deal with the NYC media is a good thing. Carolina will be laid back for him like Baylor and Temple were.

2 minutes ago, NowThis said:

why does a college coach on a 10 year contract take an NFL job where they cut your throat very quickly?  The annual money is about the same too, right?

I suppose getting to deal with adults and one owner, and not having to kiss the ass of teenagers and boosters has a lot to do with it.

Edited by Royalfan5
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Giants are 31st in wins over the last 5 years. Only Cleveland is worse. They are a fucking mess. Carolina is at least competent. Plus, any time you don't have to deal with the NYC media is a good thing. Carolina will be laid back for him like Baylor and Temple were.

I'd much rather Carolina's roster than the Giants.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

I’m not sure he’s the messiah everyone thinks he is

Huge part of Baylor turnaround was hiring some high profile Texas hs coaches into his staff. If he’s smart, he’ll make similar moves with the panthers but with nfl coaches