Matt Rhule to the Panthers

texifornia

37 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Don't lump all Baylor fans in together.  I for one cancelled my season tickets and stopped financially supporting Baylor.  Glad we have a woman president, a new AD, and (had) a coach that did quite a bit to change the culture around football.  Baylor and scandal is nothing new, hell, in the 19th century there was even a gunfight in downtown Waco due Baylor and sexual shenanigans.  https://www.wacotrib.com/blogs/our_man_downtown/waco-special-shoot-a-journalist-get-a-plaque/article_11fce03e-15ca-525a-b227-9054ec7cdcb8.html

That said, most Baylor fans are completely insane.  When Briles was routinely pummeling teams that had historically dominated us, I was pretty vocal about the fact that this was an outlier, this wasn't our norm, and that we should be happy with an average of 7-5 or 8-4.  My exact words were "this is too good to be true, it won't last, the other shoe is about to drop."  I was told to shut the hell up, that we've finally reached our god-given place at the top of college football, and to quit pissing in everyone's cereal.

You're a fucking unicorn, bro.  Congrats.

41 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

So, as usual, no one knew a fucking thing about his buyout. "Top 5 buyout in CFB" my fucking ass. 

Maybe the top 5 buyout was for going to another school in the conference. But as you noted we don't know anything about the contract so it could have been a partial truth but not applicable to an NFL job, no?

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Good lord they turn on people fast, and after all he did for them.

Hide contents

ENtRX0HXYAECqi6?format=jpg&name=360x360ENtRYNSWwAA1F5U?format=png&name=360x360ENtRY5YWoAMB1qu?format=png&name=360x360ENtRZe3XkAErvGJ?format=jpg&name=360x360

Oh boo fucking hoo. College football is as big business as NFL. They just hide behind these schools to act like it's school first and football second. Coaches are going to leave. Even if they tell you they are not. They are on winter break and many are probably out of town and back to their hometowns. Was he supposed to call every single player individually? A huge group text? It's not like he did it after signing day and left many players hanging.

I did like that one reply saying "players that made you NFL eligible". Lmao. These players were the leftover scraps of high school. They didn't make them. He made them better than what they were. Rhule made Baylor more relevant than they could ever dream after what happened years ago. They also need to realize Baylor is not a destination spot. Any coach with bigger aspirations is not going to stay there long term. They are a stepping stone school.  And always will be. No matter the success they experienced this decade. Deal with it. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

fucking lulz, baylor fans bitching about class, character and sleaziness. the fucking irony.

Especially when the players are handling it like adults. Their tweets about it have all been positive. Hell Rhule even went on local radio today and he didn't have to do that at all. What does the HC of the Carolina Panthers care about ESPN Central Texas? We have some fans that are weird and think that if you say "God told me" that means you are here for life or something. He's been straight up all along that he would listen to the NFL. Not one time did he mention that we would be at BU forever to anyone.Even to a recruit where he could say "I'm committed" or whatever he said he would listen to an NFL offer, so it's bizarre to see some of the reactions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

So, as usual, no one knew a fucking thing about his buyout. "Top 5 buyout in CFB" my fucking ass. 

I had heard sometime back that Rhule likely had a different clause for the NFL.  Seems likely to me as his sights were set there & he kept interviewing there.

But don’t dare mention those interviews, because negative recruiting.

tldr;  fuck Baylor with spiked condoms

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

2 different buyouts.   Buyout for another team hiring your coach, and a buyout for the school firing a coach.  

Dumbo’s buyout for another school is 0.  

dumbo’s contract for getting fired by aggy is his full contract value.  

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

2 different buyouts.   Buyout for another team hiring your coach, and a buyout for the school firing a coach.  

Dumbo’s buyout for another school is 0.  

dumbo’s contract for getting fired by aggy is his full contract value.  

I was referencing the buyout to go elsewhere. It's a related post to an argument from earlier in the week on the Black Monday 2020 thread in which a poster, and I can't remember who, argued that the buyout was a top 5 buyout in CFB. My response was something akin to "who the fuck would know that? and how do you know that there aren't exclusions for the NFL?". Something like that. Basically, Baylor is a private school so the scuttlebutt around the boards and the Internet saying there's no way someone could afford his buyout was uninformed, typical silliness, probably propagated by wishful Baylor fans. Anyway, fun day on this thread with that included.