Matt Rhule to the Panthers

texifornia

On 1/8/2020 at 8:14 AM, Spider2YBanana said:

Even with Rhule's success, how the fuck are they still unable to recruit? You would think an 11-2 record would have at least some really good talent lined up, yet I saw their commits and they're 'meh'. I know it's Baylor, but still.

Maybe the Texas baptist community has a strong influence on a lot of the players and their families..... kinda like Notre Dame was for the Catholics in most of the 20th century.  Makes it a desirable destination for the religious-minded.

Maybe the Texas baptist community has a strong influence on a lot of the players and their families..... kinda like Notre Dame was for the Catholics in most of the 20th century.  Makes it a desirable destination for the religious-minded.

They are also attractive to the rapist community. I believe they have scholarships for children of serial rapists.

On 1/7/2020 at 11:25 AM, MM42 said:

Rhule won at Temple.  The freaking Temple Owls.  That is way more difficult than winning at Baylor, which wasn't easy considering the disaster he inherited.  Baylor may have been smoke & mirrors, but Rhule was the guy creating the smoke and moving around the mirrors.  Multiple NFL teams weren't chasing him for no reason.

Catching lightning in a bottle at a smaller school isn't that hard I would say. I can sit here and rattle off probably a dozen guys who did great things at some tiny fcs school over 2-3 years and parleyed that into a job at a much bigger program then proceeded to either fail miserably with better recruits and a much bigger fb budget or just be mediocre before eventually getting canned. 

On 1/9/2020 at 8:31 AM, Armybrat said:

Religious?  We still talkin bout baylor?  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

• 1 month later...

Video: “Unmasked” featuring Matt Rhule, Joe Brady and Phil Snow during their first days as Panthers

By Doug Samuels -      February 20, 2020

A while back, the Carolina Panthers teased a new video series called Unmasked that aimed at taking fans behind the scenes at Carolina as Matt Rhule took over as head coach.  The Panthers have now released the first episode of that series, showing media reports leading up to Rhule’s hire as news broke, Rhule’s arrival at the Panthers facility, him walking around the facility with his family, and meeting players and employees along the way while also providing some insight into his decision making process and philosophy.

Rhule’s first day in the building was one filled with excitement and buzz, but was also a bit bittersweet as team leader Luke Kuechly announced his retirement at age 28. The video also highlights that decision as word began to circulate first via a random person on Twitter before Luke came in and filmed something official in front of the cameras. The interaction captured between Rhule and Kuechly after that announcement is a really nice touch 

Toward the end of the video, offensive coordinator Joe Brady and defensive coordinator Phil Snow get shadowed for a bit as they tour the facility for the first time and do some media appearances and customary day one photo shoots.

“I wanted to go with two really aggressive coordinators – one young and one a little older, but they have the same mindset,” Rhule shared about his coordinators.

Catch the full first clip (above). Looking forward to seeing where else Carolina takes this series.

https://footballscoop.com/news/video-unmasked-featuring-matt-rhule-joe-brady-and-phil-snow-during-their-first-days-as-panthers/

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...