Matt Rhule to the Panthers

texifornia

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

You're either purposefully obtuse or an imbecile. Don't care which. You can't refute anything of merit, so you harp on the weak schedule point and attempt to maintain that no singular thing the guy did this year was impressive, so therefore, and without having the balls to say it explicitly, you're offering up that he's an overrated coach who really isn't very good. Beating the fuck out of Texas was impressive, irrespective of your claims to the contrary. Running the schedule over, even with some help against Tech, until playing OU was impressive. You can subjectively whine otherwise, so you will.

The body of work cannot be argued as being unimpressive, so you'll passive aggressively sidle up and attempt to pull at a seam somewhere. Then if he fails at Carolina and is ousted, you get to claim that you had it the whole way. That's your MO and it's both boring and tedious.

Beating the fuck out of Texas is impressive?  We were 7-5.  Now if you’re reason for propping him up is to pile on about Herman sucking, great we get it.  You hate Herman.  Let’s not act like beating the likes of tech and KSU gets you ribbons.  

• Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, Shaggybevo said:

Rhule just signed new contract in Sept 2019.  Takes him through 2028.  Buyout is rumored to be massive - something like top 5 buyout in the country.   If true, Baylor just made a lot of money.

Baylor doesn't have to publicize their contracts so who knows.  The massive rumored buyout was probably for other college programs with likely caveats built in for NFL.  Again who knows, it's the NFL and plenty of teams were after him so they obviously weren't worried about buyouts.

7 minutes ago, Shaggybevo said:

Rhule just signed new contract in Sept 2019.  Takes him through 2028.  Buyout is rumored to be massive - something like top 5 buyout in the country.   If true, Baylor just made a lot of money.

The number I’ve seen is $10 million, which is large considering most college coaches don’t have an NFL buyout number (though it is becoming more popular), but not that much in the grand scheme of things. 

5 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Odds are one of...

Joey McGuire (favorite, imo)

Blake Anderson

Billy Napier

Some rumblings that Gundy was a candidate in 2016, but I'm sure that was just for raise purposes and will be again if his name comes up again.

Yeah. McGuire seems like the favorite. They’ve had him in the building for a while, so they’d know if he’s a good candidate or not. He did great things at Cedar Hill, but success as a HS HC is way different than college. I’d be curious to see how that one worked for them. Barring some splash hire/money-whip, Napier is they guy I’d rather not see end up at Fuck Baylor. 

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Charlotte is a much better place to live than anywhere within 30 miles of The Meadowlands or whatever they call that superfund site/mob cemetery these days.

Counterpoint: Montclair, Maplewood and Summit are some of the nicest places to live in the whole country.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

DELICIOUS

Also I've never seen a bunch of Texans call a guy a Yankee and a carpetbagger before, especially when his next job is ACTUALLY IN THE SOUTH

ENsPAwLX0AE4Nqk?format=png&name=360x360

Reveal hidden contents

ENsPCIgXsAAjiqX?format=png&name=360x360ENsPDNsXUAURKra?format=png&name=360x360ENsPEJLXkAACL9T?format=jpg&name=360x360

I had a Baylor friend, who’s otherwise a smart guy,  tell me a couple weeks ago there’s no way he’s leaving because he signed a new extension and he said he was staying at Baylor. I couldn’t help but laugh.

It’s truly hilarious to see how angry Baylor fans are that a guy who was always been angling for an NFL job and dislikes recruiting has now moved on to the NFL. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

4 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Odds are one of...

Joey McGuire (favorite, imo)

Blake Anderson

Billy Napier

Some rumblings that Gundy was a candidate in 2016, but I'm sure that was just for raise purposes and will be again if his name comes up again.

Of all those, isn’t the McGuire be the most likely to fail?

Seen posts that have:

Sonny Dykes (SMU) - Maybe

Josh Heupel (UCF) - Maybe

Jeff Nixon (Baylor OC) - Would take the job, may not get offered

Fuente (Va Tech) - Ha!

Fickell (Cincy) -Ha! Again.

Harsin (Boise) - Unlikely

Allen (Indiana) - Wut?

47 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

It's certainly not a thought without merit. His dad worked for the Second Mile, and I'd have to think that others who also did certainly knew something was up. It's not impossible to believe Matt didn't know anything, but it's damned difficult.

42 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Good luck to Rhule - outstanding coach, even better person.

Hmm. I'm leaning a little more slugga than I am Pryor.

Oh, and the news that Rhule is leaving Waco?

spacer.png

• Like 3

Just now, closetohumping said:

Beating the fuck out of Texas is impressive?  We were 7-5.  Now if you’re reason for propping him up is to pile on about Herman sucking, great we get it.  You hate Herman.  Let’s not act like beating the likes of tech and KSU gets you ribbons.  

closetohumping will continue to avoid the actual meat of the subject matter after attempting to take a position that has the potential to make him look like a fucking idiot. He'll then deflect and redirect in the discussion when called on it because he's dickless and can't handle being asked to actually own his position. The ol'red herring special. No one said shit about Tom Herman, much like you haven't said shit to defend your premise that Rhule is an overrated coach that won't win at Carolina.

7 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Oh for fucks sake.  It's Baylor.  Fucking Baylor.  Coming off what decades ago, would have been the death penalty.  A few seasons removed from barely winning ONE FUCKING GAME.  I don't give two shits if you think this season didn't warrant the attention if garnered.  This turnaround was impressive, and worthy Rhule's stock increase.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Of all those, isn’t the McGuire be the most likely to fail?

Seen posts that have:

Sonny Dykes (SMU) - Maybe

Josh Heupel (UCF) - Maybe

Jeff Nixon (Baylor OC) - Would take the job, may not get offered

Fuente (Va Tech) - Ha!

Fickell (Cincy) -Ha! Again.

Harsin (Boise) - Unlikely

Allen (Indiana) - Wut?

Probably, but it seems like every current player has tweeted that they want McGuire to have the job. I really think it depends on who Rhule wants to take to Carolina. If he's leaving behind a lot of the defensive coaches then it would make McGuire's job easier and he has a great relationship with HS coaches across the state. It won't be Nixon as he isn't well liked by BU fans. 

Edited by SimonBolivar

29 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It wasn't just some BOMC thing, it was literally the whole media - he did more exciting things at UH than Rhule did at Temple (an admittedly much harder job).

Anyway,

You are correct. LSU fans were pretty upset when we landed him, as I recall. But our odious combo of $9.95's, local paper and UT PR machine sure seem to create a lot of false expectations.  

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

Oh for fucks sake.  It's Baylor.  Fucking Baylor.  Coming off what decades ago, would have been the death penalty.  A few seasons removed from barely winning ONE FUCKING GAME.  I don't give two shits if you think this season didn't warrant the attention if garnered.  This turnaround was impressive, and worthy Rhule's stock increase.  

It still should be the goddamned death penalty for what happened there. That institute enabled unprecedented and unacceptable things to occur.

SMU paid some kids to play a game.  Baylor trapezed them into the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE TO PLAY PROFESSIONAL FUCKING FOOTBALL.

There is no comparison here. SMU got the death penalty and was allowed to return to major college football. Baylor should be banished form all major college sports forever.

3 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

You are correct. LSU fans were pretty upset when we landed him, as I recall. But our odious combo of $9.95's, local paper and UT PR machine sure seem to create a lot of false expectations.  

Oh, I wouldn't say the expectations were false. I think it's more of a case that the foundations in which the expectations were established was false.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

why does a college coach on a 10 year contract take an NFL job where they cut your throat very quickly?  The annual money is about the same too, right?

About the same? Uh, no. Carolina probably more than doubled his salary.

That's over $8.5 mil/year plus incentives.

21 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I think it would be silly to critique Rhule’s track-record of turning around college programs. It’s a different question though of how important that really is in judging whether or not he’ll be successful in the NFL. 

If he doesn't succeed in the NFL, he'll have his pick of CFB jobs to return to.

• Like 1