Joe Judge Next Head Coach for "NY Football Giants"

LTtxfan

It blows my mind that a coach with zero head coaching or coordinating experience gets hired as a head coach for an NFL team.  KK in AZ and this guy must be the two least qualified hires in a long time.  They may turn out to be superb hires.... But they definitely aren't hiring the best. 

12 minutes ago, alincoln said:

I believe there are only 3 black HCs in the NFL (Tomlin, Lynn and Flores).  That said, none of them had prior full time HC experience (Lynn was briefly the interim in Buffalo) and Tomlin had the most coordinating experience at 1 year.

Eric Bienemy is really the only person I could think of off the top of my head that should have gotten a look and he didn't even call plays this year. Marvin Lewis is a slightly above average coach that stayed in his last role way too long because he delivered results slightly above the mean of one of the worst franchises in NFL history. I would have been equally pissed to see Lewis hired at Dallas as McCarthy. 

3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Eric Bienemy is really the only person I could think of off the top of my head that should have gotten a look and he didn't even call plays this year. Marvin Lewis is a slightly above average coach that stayed in his last role way too long because he delivered results slightly above the mean of one of the worst franchises in NFL history. I would have been equally pissed to see Lewis hired at Dallas as McCarthy. 

So another Sherm Lewis?

7 hours ago, deech said:

It blows my mind that a coach with zero head coaching or coordinating experience gets hired as a head coach for an NFL team.  KK in AZ and this guy must be the two least qualified hires in a long time.  They may turn out to be superb hires.... But they definitely aren't hiring the best. 

i guess jeff fisher was busy ?

15 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Play calling is completely irrelevant. How many big time play callers for the Patriots have failed miserably as head coaches? Dick LeBeau is one of the best defensive coordinators of all-time, but his tenure as a HC was laughable. Mike Nolan is a bad ass DC, but he lost more than twice the amount of games he won as a HC. Matt Lafleur who engineered the 25th ranked offense in the NFL in the 2018 season led the Packers to 13-3 in his first season.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Marvin Lewis is Jason Garrett without the red hair.

• 10 months later...