Sarah Huckabee Sanders is terrible at this job

retread

22 minutes ago, Chrispy_ said:

The point is that the entire press laughed hysterically at her lazy eye and now are in full blown hyperventilation over her tweet. Give me a break with this nonsense. 

It's ok to be shitty to people, because other times, other people have been shitty to people. 

This is one hell of a moral code to live by. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Imagine going to these lengths to defend people like Trump and Huckabeef. 

I don't have to imagine.  It's happening right in front of us.  I hope more people start letting loose on the Rs.  This shit cannot keep going on.  They need to be put in their place.  The Rs are like the little kid here.

9VBP.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Chrispy_ said:

Oh bullshit, there’s a reason she could barely choke out the joke. 

So the fuck what?  Even if it was a terrible joke and the comedian is an awful human being, that still wouldn't excuse SHS, and fuck you for defending her.   

I have an uncle, around the same age as Biden, who recently died, but worked his entire life to speak without a stutter.  And in the 50s, before people really understood that this was a disability, he was thought to be retarded because he stuttered, and was constantly told how stupid he was.  And then lived with that his entire life.  But I guess I'm an emotional, snowflake libtard for thinking that mocking someone for a stutter is inexcusable. 

2 minutes ago, Chrispy_ said:

Well, I told myself I knew better than to keep getting into discussions in this place. So the jokes on me, really.

Oh look, another Trumpster victim taking no responsibility for his stupidity.  Who would of thunk it? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chrispy_ said:

The comment is irrelevant to me. The selective outrage is what bothers me. 

you are the one making up lies to support your selective outrage regarding shs. that's on you, you disingenuous fuck. i note you haven't responded to the litany of posters calling your bullshit out other than a weak ass "there's a reason she could barely choke out the joke."

maybe you are born with it. maybe it's lies. it's probably lies.

Thankfully there is a foreign controlled news network that tosses her a financial bone.  With Sean Spicer making his payday on dancing with the stars, the Fox gig is pretty sweet.  Mainly it's a safe fact free place where Huckabee can muse.

I'm not big on attacking her because of her looks.  i think there is plenty to attack from a factual and honesty standpoint. But it was a teeny tiny bit hard not to replace muse with moos... so I too am flawed, but i make fun of and offend everyone, 

27 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Yeah because all women call it Eyes Make- up and Teethbrush you dumb fuck

How did you get off my ignore list.

That was the probably Chrispy. This is Chrispy_. A month from now you'll be wondering how you're seeing Chrispy____'s posts.

22 minutes ago, Chrispy_ said:

The comment is irrelevant to me. The selective outrage is what bothers me. 

That's your problem. Quit worrying about the reactions and pay some attention to the actions.

The ham fisted belly-aching about reactions is just noise.  

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Another example of why conservatives aren't funny. They're just petty and mean. 

Well said. They're generally humorless and absolutely irony-deaf. Strange that they lack even a wicked sense of humor. Their sanctimoniousness, I suppose, could be the root cause. Believing everything you do is right and that every sensible person agrees with you breeds hubris which is on daily display.

It's strange that such pieces of shit never doubt themselves. Her objection to being called a liar screams about her (and her kind's) absolute negligence when it comes to self-reflection.

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

That's your problem. Quit worrying about the reactions and pay some attention to the actions.

The ham fisted belly-aching about reactions is just noise.  

Hell, maybe you’re right. 

Ok, enough procrastination. If I don’t put my kid’s  supermarket play center together today, I won’t like my wife’s reaction. 

• Fuck You 7

1 minute ago, VRHorn said:

Sure, I was just heading off the liberal cabal bleating. 

that's another thing that bothers me. conservative posters are more than welcome to post around here. the problem is that defending the actions of current republicans requires either a complete break from reality or blatant lying and misrepresentation.

he's indefensible, and we saw that at the highest levels of our leadership in the house, and yesterday with mitch mcconnell in the senate. they can't defend trump, so they attack democrats or process. that's because there is no defense for trump. none. so you have to lie or distort, and this board is too intelligent for idiots who resort to that. so instead of owning their lies and misrepresentations, they claim that this board, which hosts noted conservatives @ChiTownDoc, @Ghost of LL, @Brisketexan, and numerous others who despise the administration and the current state of the republican party, is subject to the "liberal cabal."

it's cowardice. it really is.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

that's another thing that bothers me. conservative posters are more than welcome to post around here. the problem is that defending the actions of current republicans requires either a complete break from reality or blatant lying and misrepresentation.

he's indefensible, and we saw that at the highest levels of our leadership in the house, and yesterday with mitch mcconnell in the senate. they can't defend trump, so they attack democrats or process. that's because there is no defense for trump. none. so you have to lie or distort, and this board is too intelligent for idiots who resort to that. so instead of owning their lies and misrepresentations, they claim that this board, which hosts noted conservatives @ChiTownDoc, @Ghost of LL, @Brisketexan, and numerous others who despise the administration and the current state of the republican party, is subject to the "liberal cabal."

Nah, it's really just simple hypocrisy.

6 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

It's an easy way to avoid all critical thought. It's a tactic as old as time. Declare those with a different opinion as an enemy, slap a label on them, and then simply use that label as a shield whenever your beliefs are challenged. 

You're just a lib. You're just a neocon. 

People should welcome challenges to their beliefs. Hell, we should all consistently challenge our own beliefs. To do otherwise is to let your brain rot. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

So the fuck what?  Even if it was a terrible joke and the comedian is an awful human being, that still wouldn't excuse SHS, and fuck you for defending her.   

I have an uncle, around the same age as Biden, who recently died, but worked his entire life to speak without a stutter.  And in the 50s, before people really understood that this was a disability, he was thought to be retarded because he stuttered, and was constantly told how stupid he was.  And then lived with that his entire life.  But I guess I'm an emotional, snowflake libtard for thinking that mocking someone for a stutter is inexcusable. 

I will also chime in. Seeing a love one struggle with stuttering is heartbreaking, especially a child. Someone who is bright and has so much to offer, but unable to communicate effectively - it's just crushing.

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I for one am glad the national focus has shifted from Presidential impeachment to a failed White House Press Secretary.  It's almost as if it were planned.

Failed? NO,  She was sooooo good, we have discovered she is irreplaceable. When was the last press briefing with the WH Press Secretary?

** i looked it up. There hasn't been a daily press briefing at the White House since March 11, 2019

Edited by yoladu

If someone can point out one of the past but recent Press Secretaries making public statements against someone with a disability I think everyone here will condemn it. I'm sure some have said something they regret but it's hard to believe that they would laugh at a disability that is very painful for people especially children.

We've also had some very brave public figures speak up about their struggles with stuttering and how they inspire young sufferers from it.  Look at George Springer of the Astros that openly talks about his stuttering.  Then you have Huckabee that comes along and tries to shame people with the condition.

36 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Damn it.  Being called a conservative is bad enough.  Now I’m a ‘noted’ conservative.  FML

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Chrispy_ said:

She said eye, not eyes. It was worded that way for a reason. 

It's called proper grammar.  Would it be proper grammar if she had said eyes?

"But she burns facts and then she uses that ash to create a perfect smokey eye"

29 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Damn it.  Being called a conservative is bad enough.  Now I’m a ‘noted’ conservative.  FML

Well, to be fair, I think several of us aren't just ex-GOP, we're ex-"conservatives" - at least with respect to policy positions that have traditionally been aligned with generally conservative thinking.

For example, in my younger days, I believed in things like supply-side economics, lowering taxes was a sure-fire shot of stimulus, etc.  I believed in the private-free market for healthcare.  Shit, at one time, I actually said "I guess anyone can join in a civil union, but you can't call it marriage!"  Don't know what the fuck that was all about.  Goddamit, I even bought into neoconservative ideas like "we can export democracy to autocratic states -- we may just need to use a firm military hand to do it."  But over time, I've seen those beliefs 1) put into practice, with vigor, and 2) fail like a motherfucker.  Or, just be flat-out wrong and indefensible (why the fuck did I think the gov't should have any role in calling your government union anything in particular?)

I have always been reasonably centrist.  But I've been around long enough to see what works, and what fails.  That doesn't mean that I don't think several "leftist" ideas are proven failures -- there are plenty.  What it does mean is that most of the core conservative ideas I grew up with have proven to be shit.  And what's worse, when you peel those away (even ideas I still support, like free trade, which the GOP has shit all over now)....you're left with just ethnonationalism and fear-based politics (terrorists and immigrants are coming to kill us all!)  It's a wretched, intellectually and morally bankrupt political wing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, to be fair, I think several of us aren't just ex-GOP, we're ex-"conservatives" - at least with respect to policy positions that have traditionally been aligned with generally conservative thinking.

For example, in my younger days, I believed in things like supply-side economics, lowering taxes was a sure-fire shot of stimulus, etc.  I believed in the private-free market for healthcare.  Shit, at one time, I actually said "I guess anyone can join in a civil union, but you can't call it marriage!"  Don't know what the fuck that was all about.  Goddamit, I even bought into neoconservative ideas like "we can export democracy to autocratic states -- we may just need to use a firm military hand to do it."  But over time, I've seen those beliefs 1) put into practice, with vigor, and 2) fail like a motherfucker.  Or, just be flat-out wrong and indefensible (why the fuck did I think the gov't should have any role in calling your government union anything in particular?)

I have always been reasonably centrist.  But I've been around long enough to see what works, and what fails.  That doesn't mean that I don't think several "leftist" ideas are proven failures -- there are plenty.  What it does mean is that most of the core conservative ideas I grew up with have proven to be shit.  And what's worse, when you peel those away (even ideas I still support, like free trade, which the GOP has shit all over now)....you're left with just ethnonationalism and fear-based politics (terrorists and immigrants are coming to kill us all!)  It's a wretched, intellectually and morally bankrupt political wing.

It's funny.  When I had nothing, I believed in all of that.  I was staunchly R when I grew up lower middle class.  Not a billionaire so don't hang me yet (sorry BT), but the better I've done the more I've realized the game is rigged.  And in medicine, the lack of equal access to healthcare is disturbing.  Pass me a drink Brisket...the ledge isn't the worst place to be...that would be in Trump's back pocket.  FUCK him and FUCK that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

It's funny.  When I had nothing, I believed in all of that.  I was staunchly R when I grew up lower middle class.  Not a billionaire so don't hang me yet (sorry BT), but the better I've done the more I've realized the game is rigged.  And in medicine, the lack of equal access to healthcare is disturbing.  Pass me a drink Brisket...the ledge isn't the worst place to be...that would be in Trump's back pocket.  FUCK him and FUCK that. 

It really is interesting.  I am plenty well-off these days -- much better than the firmly middle class I grew up as.  And my philosophical trajectory is quite similar to yours.

Social altitude has given me a broader perspective.  And when you have that perspective, you realize exactly what you said -- it's rigged in a shitload of ways.  And anyone who doesn't start from an acknowledgment that our healthcare system is totally fucking broken doesn't even deserve a place in the conversation.

I gotta couple of nice new bottles of scotch for Christmas.  The ledge is gonna be nice for a while.