Sarah Huckabee Sanders is terrible at this job

retread

3 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

This thread could be the end of Chrispy_. And quite the hill to die on. Defending SHS’s tweet, for which she apologized. 

as far as i can tell, she only apologized because biden himself had a stutter, and has worked hard and spent time overcoming it and assisting others to do likewise.

if this wasn't the case, i can only assume she would've thought the tweet was totally fine.

she sucks, and a lot of them do, but they get their cues from the guy in the big chair.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

as far as i can tell, she only apologized because biden himself had a stutter, and has worked hard and spent time overcoming it and assisting others to do likewise.

if this wasn't the case, i can only assume she would've thought the tweet was totally fine.

she sucks, and a lot of them do, but they get their cues from the guy in the big chair.

LameZealousGlowworm-size_restricted.gif

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

with the tiny hands

Who smells like cabbage.  Why?...we don’t know.  He considers cruciferous vegetables to be synonymous with Lucifer vegetables in an effort to pander to the evangelicals.  The ironically good news is however, His lack of cabbage intake will be able large part of the reason but he dies in the summer of 2020

32 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

While I still certainly consider SHS to be a dishonest, rancid cunt, even she had the self awareness to realize that her tweet was a bad look. As a result she deleted it and apologized. No way in hell Donald would have done that. At the first sign of media uproar, he would seized the moment to double down, and switched over to "Stutterin' Joe Biden" for the next few weeks on twatter.

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

While I still certainly consider SHS to be a dishonest, rancid cunt, even she had the self awareness to realize that her tweet was a bad look. As a result she deleted it and apologized. No way in hell Donald would have done that. At the first sign of media uproar, he would seized the moment to double down, and switched over to "Stutterin' Joe Biden" for the next few weeks on twatter.

And....this is the important part....suffer ZERO consequences and ZERO loss of support.

Perhaps the worst thing that Trump has taught us and all future politicians is that decency and sincere apologies are for suckers.  Never admit any mistake, never apologize for anything.  Double down and say fuck you to all detractors.  That's the winning strategy now.

39 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And....this is the important part....suffer ZERO consequences and ZERO loss of support.

Perhaps the worst thing that Trump has taught us and all future politicians is that decency and sincere apologies are for suckers.  Never admit any mistake, never apologize for anything.  Double down and say fuck you to all detractors.  That's the winning strategy now.

Trump can say and do whatever because he’s beaten down the GOP so much a single person cannot hit him back. The very worst criticism that he gets from the right is “well that isn’t what i would have said.”  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

Not much of an apology either, btw. And what was the point she was trying to make?

The first word in her twitter bio is “Christian.”

Perfect. 

like i said - had biden not hit back the way he did, she would've thought her tweet was appropriate.

also lulz at "i should have made my point respectfully."  uh, what point was that exactly?  how do you respectfully make fun of someone stuttering on tv?

that fat fuck lied through her teeth on a daily basis (and got caught doing so) and still fights for the shitstain who made fun of a dead guy, lied about the actions of his widow, all while in his home state.  and that's just in the last 48 hours.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, to be fair, I think several of us aren't just ex-GOP, we're ex-"conservatives" - at least with respect to policy positions that have traditionally been aligned with generally conservative thinking.

For example, in my younger days, I believed in things like supply-side economics, lowering taxes was a sure-fire shot of stimulus, etc.  I believed in the private-free market for healthcare.  Shit, at one time, I actually said "I guess anyone can join in a civil union, but you can't call it marriage!"  Don't know what the fuck that was all about.  Goddamit, I even bought into neoconservative ideas like "we can export democracy to autocratic states -- we may just need to use a firm military hand to do it."  But over time, I've seen those beliefs 1) put into practice, with vigor, and 2) fail like a motherfucker.  Or, just be flat-out wrong and indefensible (why the fuck did I think the gov't should have any role in calling your government union anything in particular?)

I have always been reasonably centrist.  But I've been around long enough to see what works, and what fails.  That doesn't mean that I don't think several "leftist" ideas are proven failures -- there are plenty.  What it does mean is that most of the core conservative ideas I grew up with have proven to be shit.  And what's worse, when you peel those away (even ideas I still support, like free trade, which the GOP has shit all over now)....you're left with just ethnonationalism and fear-based politics (terrorists and immigrants are coming to kill us all!)  It's a wretched, intellectually and morally bankrupt political wing.

You and I aren't far apart.  I have pretty much abandoned THIS version of the Republican party.  But I hold out a sliver of hope that some of the basic tenets- limited government, free market economics with rational oversight, and a controlled national debt- be put forward and the divisive, neo-nazi us against them approach espoused today dies a quick death.  But I doubt it.  I feel like I am wandering the political desert lost without compass.

Oh, and keep fucking religion out of politics!  The fucking bible-thumping bullshittery has no business influencing political policy.

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

also lulz at "i should have made my point respectfully."  uh, what point was that exactly?  how do you respectfully make fun of someone stuttering on tv?

Exactly.  The ONLY way out is "I apologize, that was disrespectful and inappropriate.  I was trying to make a joke, and not only was what I said not funny, it was not a laughing matter.  I won't do it again."

I still wouldn't believe her, but that's a different issue.

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump can say and do whatever because he’s beaten down the GOP so much a single person cannot hit him back. The very worst criticism that he gets from the right is “well that isn’t what i would have said.”  

This.  I fucking love the supposedly "respectable" GOP voices who say "I wouldn't necessarily say things the way he does" or "maybe he shouldn't be on Twitter so much."  No, the problem isn't that he's clumsy with words, or twitter gets the best of him.

The problem is that he's an utter fucking dick, he's proud of being an utter fucking dick, and you have sworn your undying fealty to an utter fucking dick.  Which makes you a pathetic bag of shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

She’s apologized for it, but that’s incredible that she would make that tweet. 

Not really.  Trump has made it acceptable for more and more Republicans to publicly reveal to the rest of us what terrible people they actually are. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Username takes on a whole new meaning. 

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I have pretty much abandoned THIS version of the Republican party.

Pretty much? Hell else you need to completely abandon the party for the rest of your life? This is who the Republicans have always been. Well at least the last 50 years or so this has been the brand. I was naive enough in my earlier years to have voted for a few Republicans. 

Dotard is who they are and have always been. Now they have their brand of racism and cruelty to brown people in the storefront window and they are damn proud of that. There is no reset of the party. They will be swept into the dustbin of history.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Lobo said:

Who smells like cabbage.  Why?...we don’t know.  He considers cruciferous vegetables to be synonymous with Lucifer vegetables in an effort to pander to the evangelicals.  The ironically good news is however, His lack of cabbage intake will be able large part of the reason but he dies in the summer of 2020

Listen, this asshole has more vegetables on his dick than a farmers market in Dubuque.  The veggie jokes begin and end there.  

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Not much of an apology either, btw. And what was the point she was trying to make?

The first word in her twitter bio is “Christian.”

Perfect. 

Also, credit for at least owning it. Considering her pedigree’s values consider an apology an admission of weakness to be avoided at all costs, I’ll take this. In fact, if #bothsides could do a little more of this, I’d feel a whole lot better. 

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Only one side is out there constantly saying deplorable shit. This week the president said a WW2 vet was in hell because his widow didn’t suck his orange pecker. He says similar shit all the time. 

And any other president would be completely tarnished by this.  We live in insane times.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

But it was just locker room talk.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/01/donald-trump-sarah-sanders-take-one-for-the-team-kim-jong-un-wink-book

Donald Trump told Sarah Sanders she would have to “go to North Korea and take one for the team”, after Kim Jong-un winked at the then White House press secretary during a summit in Singapore in June 2018.

“Kim Jong-un hit on you!” a delighted Trump joked, according to Sanders’ new memoir. “He did! He fucking hit on you!”

Speaking for Myself will be released next Tuesday. The Guardian obtained a copy.

Of the incident with Kim, whom Trump courted assiduously in the first two years of his presidency, Sanders describes a session at the Singapore talks in which the dictator “reluctantly” accepted a Tic Tac from Trump, who “dramatically blew into the air to reassure Kim it was just a breath mint” and not a capsule of poison.

The two men also talked about sports, including women’s soccer. Then, Sanders writes, she looked up “to notice Kim staring at me. We made direct eye contact and Kim nodded and appeared to wink at me. I was stunned. I quickly looked down and continued taking notes.

“… All I could think was, ‘What just happened? Surely Kim Jong-un did not just mark me!?’”

Later, in the presidential “Beast” limousine on the way to the airport, Sanders relayed the incident to Trump and his then chief of staff, John Kelly.

“Kim Jong-un hit on you!” Trump said. “He did! He fucking hit on you!”

Sanders, a devout Christian who discusses her faith throughout her book, does not spell out the presidential expletive. But she does write that she told Trump that was not what she meant, and said: “Sir, please stop.”

Kelly backed up the president and Trump joked: “Well, Sarah, that settles it. You’re going to North Korea and taking one for the team! Your husband and kids will miss you, but you’ll be a hero to your country!”

Trump and Kelly, Sanders writes, “howled with laughter” as the car drove on.

Why even tell that story in your book?  Nobody would have known any of that took place, it's not funny, she thinks it's charming or anecdotally interesting, but it's not.  Why would she bother to put that in there?  That's so fucking weird.  Nobody is painted in a favorable light with that story, not her, not Trump, not Kim.  

I like that there's a mention of the term "Beast" but it doesn't apply to any of those three pieces of human shit I just mentioned.