Sarah Huckabee Sanders is terrible at this job

retread

I saw that and it cracked me up.  My wife went to Washington and Lee.  That is not exactly a liberal haven.  That owner has balls.
next time an administration official goes to a restaurant, they should seat the kids and adults at opposite ends of the restaurant.

Excellent.

Shame these people. Everywhere. All the time.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Washpark said:

Lulz. Kicked out of a restaurant

Don’t make a weight joke, don’t make a weight joke

So much bitching. Isn’t this just free market that they argue for refusing to serve LGBT and minorities? 

• Like 1

Lionel Hutz: Mr. Huckabee, what did you and your wife do after you were ejected from the restaurant.

Mr. Huckabee: We... pretty much went straight home.

Lionel Hutz: Mr. Huckabee, you're under oath.

Mr. Huckabee: We drove around until 3 AM looking for another all-you-can-eat fish restaurant.

Lionel Hutz: And when you couldn't find one?

Mr. Huckabee: We went... fishing.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Lionel Hutz: Mr. Huckabee, what did you and your wife do after you were ejected from the restaurant.

Mr. Huckabee: We drove around until 3 AM looking for another all-you-can-eat fish restaurant.

2 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Tis no woman. Tis a remorseless eating machine. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Tis no woman. Tis a remorseless eating machine. 

Fucking classic. 

Edited by Jive Turkey

3 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Funny how the same people having a cow about the cake maker refusing LGBT decorations are applauding not serving someone because of their political beliefs/ideas/job. It’s either you are okay with it in a vacuum or you aren’t, because then you are just rooting for a “team” as you decry the other guys with doing.

That's a false choice that ignores the grounds for the refusal to serve.   I'd be fine with a restaurant refusing to serve David Duke based on his actions to promote evil, but against them refusing to serve him on the basis that he's a white person.    Same thing applies here.  I know it's much easier to view the world as a set of binary choices based on inflexible principles, but that's not the only way to view it. 

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Racist pieces of shit vs Gay couples

I think it’s pretty easy to see who should not be tolerated.

But both sides!

You don't get it, ostracizing people because they're bigots and ostracizing them because they're gay is the same thing.  Wake up Hugo!

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

In both cases the Republicans are on the side of the bigots. 

Yeah, I always bought into the fiscal conservative shit and voted mostly R.  Now the party has been fully hijacked by the nutjobs I've always despised on the far right.  They've also bailed on fiscally conservative policies.  Kind of a no brainer for R's like me to leave the party.  Au revoir, assholes.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Racist pieces of shit vs Gay couples

I think it’s pretty easy to see who should not be tolerated.

But both sides!

It's even easier to see who thinks they are the sole arbitrator of tolerance.

Four points to make about the restaurant incident.

1.  Businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone they want for whatever reason they want.

2.  Would be customers have the right to refuse to spend their money at any business they want for whatever reason they want.

3.  Customers who are refused service by businesses have the right to go on social media and raise as big of a shitstorm over the situation as they feel like raising.

4.  A wise business owner would carefully evaluate whether points 2 and 3 make pursuing point 1 a good idea or not.

This restaurant will be out of business in six months because of this.

3 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

It's even easier to see who thinks they are the sole arbitrator of tolerance.

Four points to make about the restaurant incident.

1.  Businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone they want for whatever reason they want.

2.  Would be customers have the right to refuse to spend their money at any business they want for whatever reason they want.

3.  Customers who are refused service by businesses have the right to go on social media and raise as big of a shitstorm over the situation as they feel like raising.

4.  A wise business owner would carefully evaluate whether points 2 and 3 make pursuing point 1 a good idea or not.

This restaurant will be out of business in six months because of this.

I'll be happy to take that bet.  I say they're not out of business in 6 months.  They may suffer a bit in the short term but it will likely be a wash with those on the left supporting in larger numbers. 

18 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

So explain to me, because I’m an ignorant dummy, how refusal to serve someone based on their political philosophy and legal actions to promote their philosophy is different than refusing service based on anything else? The answer might simply be that political status/identity/affiliation is not a legally protected class and you can theoretically have “Red restaurants only” or “Blue restaurants only” if you wanted (though who would as all money is green :) )

I'm not sure what needs to be explained.   People can hold viewpoints as to acceptable grounds for refusing to serve someone and unacceptable grounds without the sort of inconsistency you are claiming.  

Personally, I believe private businesses should generally have the right to refuse service to individuals.  I think there are certain broad classes that should be exceptions to that general right based on my evaluation of various factors.   And when a business does have the right to refuse, I'll applaud the use of that right if I think that person deserved it, and disagree with the decision if they didn't, while nonetheless recognizing the right.  And I'm open to changing my opinion when presented with a persuasive argument. 

Or you can go with "Mongo think refuse never OK or always OK!" 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 1

So which one are some people on here pretending: that this restaurant refused service that night to every member of the Repulsive Party and everyone in the restaurant was a proven Democrat/Independent, or that HuckaSanders is now a protected class?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

So explain to me, because I’m an ignorant dummy, how refusal to serve someone based on their political philosophy and legal actions to promote their philosophy is different than refusing service based on anything else? The answer might simply be that political status/identity/affiliation is not a legally protected class and you can theoretically have “Red restaurants only” or “Blue restaurants only” if you wanted (though who would as all money is green :) )

Do you know the saying, when someone tells you who the are, believe 'em? Well, in this case, I am forced to buy in to your self assessment. You are indeed an ignorant dummy.

SHS attacks our freedom and our democracy every time she stands up in front of her podium and ejaculates lie after lie. She's the principal apologist of our liar-in-chief, and an accomplished liar in her own right. That's why she has garnered such scorn, not because of her "political philosophy."

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Well, according to the Twitter machine, the restaurant in question now has a 3 month waiting list for reservations lol.

Yes, I'm sure everyone is either booking and planning to no show or looking to support the place.  Easy fix - ask for a small credit card deposit with reservations and they'll weed out the nutjobs on the right and prosper for years. 

27 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Hey, do your own fucking homework.  Maybe one day you'll wake up.

She was denied service, because she's an unlikable Baghdad Bob and is an active participant in the erosion of civil norms and the rule of law in this country.

I'm not exactly thrilled with the precedent this is setting. The GOP has destroyed civil discourse and completely abdicated their responsibility to replace Trump with someone reasonable and patriotic. The citizens are starting to push back in any way they can. Public scorn is appropriate here, but the method will be used later by both sides indiscriminately in the future. 

This is going to get a lot worse and it's one of the many consequences of the GOP allowing a traitorous, narcissistic buffoon to run a train on the USA.