US bases in Iraq under missile attack

Gil Bang

1 minute ago, maninblack said:

Look at a map. It's not close. Al Asad is closer to the Syrian and Jordanian border. I know because I've been there and spent a deployment working in Western Iraq. The news is saying it's Iranian and might be but they could be confusing people that now believe these rockets launched from Iran as opposed to Shia Muslims (Iraqi or Iranian) who are just as pissed. 

If the rockets launched from Iran they would have had to fly damn near over Baghdad and Balad air Base. There's still plenty of Surface to air weapon systems in the area that I have hard time believing missiles traveling that distance wouldn't have been detected and eliminated.

Not that they're infallible but the pentagon says they came from The Iranian mainland according to CNN.

1 minute ago, EMAWesome said:

The U.S. didn't put Iran in a situation where they had no choice but to respond. Iran put Iran in a situation where they had no choice but to respond.  And as far as Trump being a war monger and wanting a war with Iran let's go through a bit of a time line from the last year.

Iran attacks tankers in the Strait of Hormuz--no response from Trump or the U.S.

Iran shoots down an American drone--no response from Trump or the U.S.

Iran launches missile attack (may have been rockets I'm doing this from memory) against Saudi Arabia--no response from Trump or the U.S.

There are three open doors for Trump to walk through just in the last year if he wanted a war with Iran.  He didn't walk through any of them.

Wonder what is different January 2020?

• Like 3

Just now, SimonBolivar said:

Not that they're infallible but the pentagon says they came from The Iranian mainland according to CNN.

I wouldn't expect anything different from them. Maybe it's true and maybe it's not. 

If it originated from Iranian soil and traveled that distance and nothing intervened I'd have a lot more questions.

Just now, maninblack said:

I wouldn't expect anything different from them. Maybe it's true and maybe it's not. 

If it originated from Iranian soil and traveled that distance and nothing intervened I'd have a lot more questions.

I mean, we dont have the ability to reliably shoot down ballistic missiles, which is what Iran fired.

Just now, G650 said:

idk. I feel like this might backfire pretty spectacularly.

Definitely could and let's hope. It's like being stressed out with a lead and knowing you are going to below the lead with too much clock left. We just need the election to hurry up and happen.

Linda has this guys.  

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/graham-trump-on-iran-cultural-sites-not-lawful-targets

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said Iranian cultural heritage sites will not be targeted should the U.S. attack Iran amid threats by President Trump and escalating tensions between Washington and Tehran.

"We’re not at war with the culture of the Iranian people. ... The cultural sites are not targets under law ... unless they have been weaponized," Graham told reporters Monday while discussing a possible Senate trial in ongoing impeachment efforts by congressional Democrats.

Graham said he urged Trump to not target cultural or religious sites during a conversation, saying it would "undercut what we're trying to do," according to The Hill.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Those with teenagers - Are your kids paying close attention? I am surprised by how much my teenager (almost 16) is following this and asking questions. He has been since last week. I realized this is that generation's first real experience with a national security threat/crisis. He and his friends are half-kidding and half-concerned about WW3 and the draft.

7 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Look at a map. It's not close. Al Asad is closer to the Syrian and Jordanian border. I know because I've been there and spent a deployment working in Western Iraq. The news is saying it's Iranian and might be but they could be confusing people that now believe these rockets launched from Iran as opposed to Shia Muslims (Iraqi or Iranian) who are just as pissed. 

If the rockets launched from Iran they would have had to fly damn near over Baghdad and Balad air Base. There's still plenty of Surface to air weapon systems in the area that I have hard time believing missiles traveling that distance wouldn't have been detected and eliminated.

Ballistic missiles can often fly well beyond we consider the boundary of space and then come back down.  Their top altitude are much higher than the space station.  You can’t  look to eliminate it until they come back down.  Cruise missiles are a different animal that can be taken out as it’s in lower altitudes.

Just now, maninblack said:

Not sure why anyone paying attention over the last 20 years would

You are such a weirdo.

Iran is firing their well documented ballistic missiles well within their performance envelope to retaliate exactly as they said they would. But yeah, its totally fake.

I get you may not know about Irans offensive missile capability, but at least try and keep your nonsense to yourself.

44 minutes ago, Xian said:

What the fuck is Iran thinking. They are painting a mad man with the power of the US military in the corner. No way we don’t launch strikes back now.   I was hoping they would have enough survival instinct to known better.  Guess I was wrong. 

nothing but pointless deaths. 

That's what they want. The US is fully alienated from it's allies thanks to GWB and trump. If we go full bore into Iran we'll have zero support and Iran will have the backing of Russian and China to keep bleeding us. You think Britain/France/Germany are going to sacrifice shit to help the US in this one? 

Iran/Russia/China want a war with the US where the US is stuck supplying yet another middle eastern war all alone with zero help while those countries keep taking pot shots. I wouldn't be surprised if right now Iranian suicide bombing aren't being planned for attacks inside the US. Hitting places like trump tower in NY and trump hotel in Vegas would be fantastic symbolic sites. Whatever causes the most fear and turmoil inside the US while simultaneously draining US forces in Iran/Iraq benefits Iran/Russia/China the most. 

The playbook is simple at this point for them. The US is isolated and divided. Hatred is reigning supreme along with outright propaganda and corruption. 

Read the story by Jacob Riis about the rock hammer if you want to see exactly how Russia/China are taking the US down slowly. 

1 minute ago, G650 said:

You are such a weirdo.

Iran is firing their well documented ballistic missiles well within their performance envelope to retaliate exactly as they said they would. But yeah, its totally fake.

I get you may not know about Irans offensive missile capability, but at least try and keep your nonsense to yourself.

But how do we know Iran actually exists?  Are you just taking them at their word on that?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

You are such a weirdo.

I've spent a decent amount of my life in Iraq because of shit like this...

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

If it was just 12 missiles, and if no Americans were killed, then I'd be pretty ok with that and say we should just let everything go.

Now it’s about trump’s ego and that he can’t look weak. He’s moving forward until Iran backs down.

America has now turned into Cobra Kai.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

If it was just 12 missiles, and if no Americans were killed, then I'd be pretty ok with that and say we should just let everything go.

Crisis averted? Dow will correct and I can go on being a stupid fat person. Whew.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

They've already been far more patient in the last year than we would ever be. 

We're not the only people in the world with pride, courage, and wherewithal. I would be in the streets of Iran cheering were I an Iranian. 

We're not the fucking good guys. We're just another country pursuing its interests in the oil rich Middle East. Nobody cares about our WWII merit badge. We are what our record says we are. We've left pieces of innocent citizens all over the place from Kuwait to Afghanistan. 

Are our interests being served by what we have done? My guess is the only benefit of our violent policies in that part of the world have mainly served to give the morons here a good feeling about themselves as they watch the explosions and high five the death of an endless stream of fanatic enemy leaders.

But what are we really gaining? Enjoy your adolescent thrill of feeling tough; some of us would like a little more for the blood and money.

Don't know any Iranians do you?  Large sennet if that population hate their leadership to a point that Americans can't even imagine.

9 minutes ago, used2b said:

Those with teenagers - Are your kids paying close attention? I am surprised by how much my teenager (almost 16) is following this and asking questions. He has been since last week. I realized this is that generation's first real experience with a national security threat/crisis. He and his friends are half-kidding and half-concerned about WW3 and the draft.

Your kid and you should be scared shitless about the draft. We cannot sustain a war with Iran/Russia/China with the military we have now, and as this becomes more and more unpopular as the majority of Americans realize it's more politician made bullshit (and hopefully finally realize it's Republican made bullshit) the rate of voluntary enlistment will probably plummet. 

This isn't WWII where the population is lacking information and got blind sided by a foreign nation attack. Everyone with a brain can see trump is instigating and starting this shit. 

1 minute ago, TXSG8R said:

Defense dept has confirmed the missiles originated from Iran. 

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1214701448811831296?s=21

Again it might be true but they also said Suleimani was going to attack US personnel and dropped a bomb on him without showing Congress or the US people any proof yet and that's what kicked off all this. 

You should be skeptical of the US government.

• Like 1