US bases in Iraq under missile attack

Gil Bang

2 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Iranian foreign minister. Maybe this ends.

Worth noting that Iran will probably get out of this: 1) full US withdrawal from Iraq and 2) nukes. Trump is really bad at this.

You know, given the level of astonishing precision by the mussel hits on the Saudi refinery a few months ago, I wouldn’t be surprised if they shot over ‘dumb’ ballistic missiles over for a reason: show of force for domestic audience while minimizing the risk of casualties.

38 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

They can easily conceal it. I know for a fact they already do with friendly fire incidents. Anybody who was killed in the bombing they can just report their death as coming from an unrelated insurgent strike or attack in the coming days while maintaining no Americans died in this attack to save face. 

When you're over there you have zero protection. Your commanding officer could put a bullet right through your fucking head and they would just tell your family you died a hero in an insurgent raid. None of your family or friends or anybody who gives a shit about you know where you're at or what you're doing so it's really easy to conceal. The only problem is other soldiers but unless they want the same thing they'll keep their fucking mouth shut

SIR, THIS IS A HOT TOPIC.  WE DO NOT SELL YOUR “SALTY FROG GEAR” T-SHIRTS HERE, BUT I HAVE PLENTY OF PINK FLOYD, LED ZEPPELIN, AND BEATLES T-SHIRTS I WOULD BE HAPPY TO SELL YOU.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

He's such a basic MFer.  "All is well!" - lmao. But hey, slap some more token sanctions on them and call it a day, and I'm good with avoiding another stupid war in the Middle East for now.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Various reports on Twitter that Iran has said this it and there will me no more if US doesn't respond. Trump has an offramp. Hope he takes it.

Judging by his tweet just now, he might.   In my mind, I was imagining that if he had an easy out, he would take it, since his staff knows this wouldn’t be good for elections in November, but I kept wondering if the reason he wasn’t responding was because he was raging over some options given to him in a PowerPoint presentation.  

Just now, bolverk said:

You know, given the level of astonishing precision by the mussel hits on the Saudi refinery a few months ago, I wouldn’t be surprised if they shot over ‘dumb’ ballistic missiles over for a reason: show of force for domestic audience while minimizing the risk of casualties.

Yes. And box Trump in...meanwhile get nukes and continue to spread influence. Iran may have  played this perfectly. I'm not 100% sure Fox News doesn't talk him into bombing Iran.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Various reports on Twitter that Iran has said this it and there will me no more if US doesn't respond. Trump has an offramp. Hope he takes it.

They shot off a few bottle rockets.  Symbolic retaliation.  Don't fuck w/ us, we mean business.   Even if our aim sucks.

Okay.

This should be it.  Better be.

6 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Speaking of that refinery, interesting how the Saudi Patriot batteries couldn’t protect it from whatever the Iranians used.   

Just now, Dark Horse said:

Sorry, I just don’t believe that Iran walks away from this after launching a few missiles over the border.

I think this was a first step just to quiet what I’m sure were loud cries for an immediate retaliation for killing Soleimani. 

2 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Sorry, I just don’t believe that Iran walks away from this after launching a few missiles over the border.

I don't either, but I do believe this is going to be the extent of their upfront in-your-face type action. I think the next phase is suicide bombings and terror attacks and other guerrilla warfare type tactics that can't be 100% nailed down as coming from the Iranian government. Iran showed it was pretty adept at that kind of warfare during their eight years war with Iraq in the 80s

A classic fiasco of unaccountable religious fanatics in wartime command versus narcissistic personality disorder masquerading as military judgment. Hopefully too jointly incompetent to start an actual war. 

13 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

They shot off a few bottle rockets.  Symbolic retaliation.  Don't fuck w/ us, we mean business.   Even if our aim sucks.

Okay.

This should be it.  Better be.

Iran has what they want - the ability (and now, sadly, maybe even some sympathy from other foreign powers) to get back to having nukes. Or trying to.

They don't give a shit about a war with the US right now. They know they would get stomped. China and Russia on the other hand likely will do anything to provoke a US/Iran war to watch US blow resources yet again 

As the world turns. Many assholes will tout their awesomeness to their idiotic masses - here and there

31 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

Iranian foreign minister. Maybe this ends.

Worth noting that Iran will probably get out of this: 1) full US withdrawal from Iraq and 2) nukes. Trump is really bad at this.

1) I’d (and I think most Americans) like our troops out of Iraq. Might be a win for both Iran and US. 
2) They were getting nukes with or without the Obama nuclear deal.

We killed arguable the biggest terrorist leader in the Middle East and they responded by destroying some barracks and a mess hall.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

26 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

I do give about a five percent chance that these missile strikes were to their retaliation what the Japanese invading the Aleutians in WWII were to their attack on Midway.  A diversion to draw our attention away from where the real action is going to go down but it is only a slim possibility.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, staboner said:

Iran has what they want - the ability (and now, sadly, maybe even some sympathy from other foreign powers) to get back to having nukes. Or trying to.

They don't give a shit about a war with the US right now. They know they would get stomped. China and Russia on the other hand likely will do anything to provoke a US/Iran war to watch US blow resources yet again 

Right.  Iran wins either way, because they can ramp up their pursuit of nukes.

If it escalates, China and Russia win, because they can sell weapons to Iran covertly while also making money buying American stocks that are buoyed by a war.

Everyone wins, except us.  There's your great deal-maker, idiots.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, cabowabo said:

So Trump takes out an international terrorist and Iran launches a few harmless scuds to save face with its people. Iran now knows not to fuck with us.  You snowflakes gonna give Trump some credit?

it depends. Is the entire history of Iran and USA over?  I think I'll reserve judgement for a year or two, or three. Or ten. 

• Like 3

So Trump takes out an international terrorist and Iran launches a few harmless scuds to save face with its people. Iran now knows not to fuck with us.  You snowflakes gonna give Trump some credit?

Is this what you think just happened?

16 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Bill O'Reilly posts here?  No shit?  Well fuck you very much, Bill.