US bases in Iraq under missile attack

Gil Bang

2 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Could very well be, but I feel like this move is actually very strategic. In all likelihood his recent actions could be the straw that breaks the Iranian economy. They have been on the verge of collapse the past year and especially in past few months. Forcing the govt to spend money they don't have on wasteful military spending to save face has a strong chance of pushing them over the edge.

And then what?

35 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

So Trump takes out an international terrorist and Iran launches a few harmless scuds to save face with its people. Iran now knows not to fuck with us.  You snowflakes gonna give Trump some credit?

Let’s ignore the fact that it gives them all the justification they need to ramp up their nuclear program and further destabilize the region.  No, I give him no credit.

Let’s ignore the fact that it gives them all the justification they need to ramp up their nuclear program and further destabilize the region.  No, I give him no credit.
You think they needed this to justify their nuclear program? They are going to do what the hell ever they want to do. Iran is a by a dictator. Dictators do what they want, when they want. They have no respect for Americans or American authority so that little piece of paper that has "we promise not to build nuclear weapons" is what they wipe their ass with.
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 3

Just now, Dahobbs said:

So all this was cover for Putin to take out somebody on the aircraft. 100% chance we will find out that Putin coincidentally benefited  from the death of someone was on board. 

Putin flew into Damascus today on an unannounced visit. Connect the dots. 

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Not a good one. That plane was on fire and breaking up on the way down. That’s damned sure consistent with a missile or antiaircraft hit.

Exactly.

4 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

8677872added562d82fdc1d902b7d5cf.jpg

Exactly.

Edited by TexArcher

8 minutes ago, Both Tacos said:
16 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

You think they needed this to justify their nuclear program? They are going to do what the hell ever they want to do. Iran is a by a dictator. Dictators do what they want, when they want. They have no respect for Americans or American authority so that little piece of paper that has "we promise not to build nuclear weapons" is what they wipe their ass with.

They’re rational actors. I’m jealous.

• Like 1

So we should just bomb all dictatorships into parking lots?

Plane was a Ukraine International 737 (their whole fleet is 737s). My family and I have flown that carrier, that type of bird, on the Kyiv-Yerevan route. Shit.

Looks like an accidental shoot-down by Iranian air defense.

Yep. That video looks like a burning plane in free fall.

9 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

asking for a friend...what causes a plane to zip like that at the very end? seems weird to suddenly go into hyper gear

It didn’t, the fireball just got bigger. If you look at the speed of its actual movement it’s not getting any faster. I’m guessing the fire or something caused an engine to explode before it hit the ground.

47 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I'm betting they did it with Iraq's permission. 

Iraq under Saddam was mostly Shia with minority Sunni. Saddam was a Sunni leader who brutally kept the Shia and Sunni at bay. Once good 'ol fucktard W and his band of merry pieces of shit went and overthrew Saddam the country of mostly Shia started having a Shia led leadership, which they definitely have to this day. 

Iran is a Shia nation. 

The Iraqi Shia leadership doesn't give two fucks about Shia Iran lobbing missiles at US targets in Iraq. Secretly I'm sure the Iraqi Shia leadership would like all Americans to die and get out of their fucking country. 

26 minutes ago, Xian said:

Wtf were any passenger planes flying anywhere near that area? 

Yes, the Middle East Corridor over the gulf across Iraq and then turning west into Europe was was open. Only odd thing was Qatar Air who pushed their planes over Iran which is not normal. Fligthradar24 had good coverage of all traffic. 

8 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Iraq under Saddam was mostly Shia with minority Sunni. Saddam was a Sunni leader who brutally kept the Shia and Sunni at bay. Once good 'ol fucktard W and his band of merry pieces of shit went and overthrew Saddam the country of mostly Shia started having a Shia led leadership, which they definitely have to this day. 

Funny thing, but that's exactly what happened. W is indeed a complete piece of shit. Good family man though.

A propos of this thread, Iran called Iraq to warn them of the attacks, knowing they would tell US. I mean, you can't just evacuate all your soldiers on a joint base and our guys don't notice all the iraqis are leaving. This was their saving face. They are scared shitless we might actually attack them, as well they should be.

Edited by Thetexashammer

7 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yes, the Middle East Corridor over the gulf across Iraq and then turning west into Europe was was open. Only odd thing was Qatar Air who pushed their planes over Iran which is not normal. Fligthradar24 had good coverage of all traffic. 

this site is crazy. I always like looking at the no fly zones over places like Syria and North Korea. Yesterday there was a DHL delivery plane that departed from Cincinnati en route to Seoul an it was the only plane over the North Korean airspace...smack dab over Pyongyang. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Funny thing, but that's exactly what happened. W is indeed a complete piece of shit. Good family man though.

A propos of this thread, Iran called Iraq to warn them of the attacks, knowing they would tell US. I mean, you can't just evacuate all your soldiers on a joint base and our guys don't notice all the iraqis are leaving. This was their saving face. They are scared shitless we might actually attack them, as well they should be.

No one on earth is scared of Donald Trump. He's weak.

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I'm just returning to the thread. Compliments to the US intelligence and military intelligence arms for being able to parry this kind of attack.

Without them, President Trump's folly could have cost some American lives which would have started the insane cycle of "we cannot allow these men to have died in vain!"  Somebody has to look out for American warriors since the president appreciates them so little.

1 minute ago, hrmaddie said:

I’m in Amman, Jordan and can’t fucking wait to get on a plane tomorrow morning and get the fuck out of here. All the while I’ll be praying I don’t get shot down.

meh, you will be fine, just take a quick jump too Malta. No one fucks with anyone going to Malta. 

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump knows going to full scale war is a political loser for him.  Iran knows this too.  Warfare is unpredictable though so anything is possible which is why this sucks. 

Great point, but carry a little further.

Say Iran overplays their hand. They are in an excellent position to generate and claim credit for American military expulsion from much of the MidEast. They keep nipping at us. Just little pricks of the thick hide to make us uncomfortable enough to move will ease us out. However, if they go too far and sink a warship or kill a few dozen Americans, Trump can bang the war drum. A majority of Americans might rise to that sound.

If we hammer Iran from a distance, we lose more allies and whatever Muslim support we have. We will have no place to stage a land war (thank goodness as far as I'm concerned), and will have to do everything remotely. You can't win a war against a nation that way unless you are willing to go nuclear. We won't be able to win the war without committing ourselves to being mass murderers on a level that exceeds Hitler.

We must cut our losses as soon as possible. A sober hand at the wheel would see this. Accept the error and make your best remaining move.

Tragically (a word I am circumspect in using), we have the opposite of a sober hand at the wheel. We have a guy who has mused aloud about using nukes just because we have them. Aside from the requisite reluctance to use atomic weapons, this clown doesn't flinch at inflicting massive civilian casualties.

What are we to make of the choices he might make if faced with defeat (Iran holds the best cards right now) and humiliating defeat in attempting re-election? 

There is a new pressure to remove this president. He is possibly a psychopath who cares not a thing for human life. Will we carry his guilt for ages if he acts according to his nature? History will show that we had the chance to remove him, but we failed to do so.

So many things may happen. So very few of them are good so long as Trump is President of the United States of America.

And he has a significant plurality of support.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Great point, but carry a little further.

Say Iran overplays their hand. They are in an excellent position to generate and claim credit for American military expulsion from much of the MidEast. They keep nipping at us. Just little pricks of the thick hide to make us uncomfortable enough to move will ease us out. However, if they go too far and sink a warship or kill a few dozen Americans, Trump can bang the war drum. A majority of Americans might rise to that sound.

If we hammer Iran from a distance, we lose more allies and whatever Muslim support we have. We will have no place to stage a land war (thank goodness as far as I'm concerned), and will have to do everything remotely. You can't win a war against a nation that way unless you are willing to go nuclear. We won't be able to win the war without committing ourselves to being mass murderers on a level that exceeds Hitler.

We must cut our losses as soon as possible. A sober hand at the wheel would see this. Accept the error and make your best remaining move.

Tragically (a word I am circumspect in using), we have the opposite of a sober hand at the wheel. We have a guy who has mused aloud about using nukes just because we have them. Aside from the requisite reluctance to use atomic weapons, this clown doesn't flinch at inflicting massive civilian casualties.

What are we to make of the choices he might make if faced with defeat (Iran holds the best cards right now) and humiliating defeat in attempting re-election? 

There is a new pressure to remove this president. He is possibly a psychopath who cares not a thing for human life. Will we carry his guilt for ages if he acts according to his nature? History will show that we had the chance to remove him, but we failed to do so.

So many things may happen. So very few of them are good so long as Trump is President of the United States of America.

And he has a significant plurality of support.

And also a significant majority of opposition.

34 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Iran is a Shia nation. 

The Iraqi Shia leadership doesn't give two fucks about Shia Iran lobbing missiles at US targets in Iraq. Secretly I'm sure the Iraqi Shia leadership would like all Americans to die and get out of their fucking country. 

Don't presume to educate me about Iran and Iraq and our history with them. Several pages back you said this:

"I wouldn't be surprised if right now Iranian suicide bombing aren't being planned for attacks inside the US."

That's preposterous. That's not what they do. They're not al Qaeda. Al Qaeda is a Sunni jihadist non-state actor who has long aimed at sending agents to commit terrorist attacks in the U.S.  Iran is an Islamist state actor who has never committed a terrorist attack in the U.S.  Their goals are local. If you're confusing the two strategies then you obviously don't understand the difference between the two. 

"Iraq under Saddam was mostly Shia with minority Sunni." No shit, Sherlock. Now tell me water is wet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This. My kids are jaded, and don’t trust shit from any authority figure...but they know the GOP is shit. Seriously, they are of a demographic that should at least be potential GOP voters, and I’m confident that neither of them will ever vote for a GOP candidate for any office, down to dogcatcher.

They see the GOP as the party of war, cruelty, and racism - which isn’t hard, as they fucking brag about that shit.

You should be proud of them.